QFTCIRS Game 9, Rounds 7-8: ye olde medicine, CanRoadside

Mark Brader

Feb 1, 2020, 12:20:30 AM2/1/20
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2019-11-18,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of the Red Smarties and are
used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have
been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information see
my 2019-10-16 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

* Game 9, Round 7 - Science - Old-Timey Medicine

Try your luck with ten questions about outdated medical information
and procedures.

1. This mostly outdated surgery was employed to relieve pressure or
treat diseases of the head, by drilling a hole into the skull.
Today a *temporary* hole called a craniotomy is occasionally
made for that purpose, but name the old-timey procedure.

2. Which psudoscience attempted to predict mental traits by
measuring and mapping the bumps on a person's skull?

3. Julius Wagner-Jauregg was a psychiatrist who won the Nobel Prize
for medicine in 1927. He discovered that giving a patient a
certain disease would create a fever that could cure syphilis
-- and it only killed 15% of his patients. Name the disease
he employed as a cure.

4. Sigmund Freud was a proponent of this recreational drug,
and wrote a 1884 paper describing its positive effect on pain
and depression. Not totally antiquated, this drug is sometimes
used in medicine today.

5. This surgical procedure is now widely considered barbarous, but
it was employed for decades as a cure for a variety of disorders.
Rosemary Kennedy had one at the request of her father, and was
left permanently incapacitated. Name this procedure.

6. This medical procedure was based on the antiquated notion of
four "humors" that had to be in balance for one to remain
healthy. In the 19th century it was carried out by barbers,
and contributed to the death of George Washington.

7. Emperor Qui Shi Huang, the founder of the Chinese Qin dynasty,
died after taking an elixir of immortality. This was the cause
of death for numerous Chinese emperors; it was taken in the
form of pills containing what toxic substance?

8. King Charles II of England paid a fortune for what became known
as King's Drops, a tincture he would sip that contained *what*,
in powdered form and mixed in alcohol?

9. Paul Alexander, a survivor of polio, is one of the last people
in the USA to use one of these machines. He has used it
continually for 65 years. What machine?

10. In the early 20th century, a medical device called the
Violet Ray used an electric discharge coil to blast a person
with high-voltage, low-current electricity for medical purposes.
It glowed violet. Who invented it?

* Game 9, Round 8 - Canadiana Geography - Roadside Attractions

(Yes, this was the second Canadiana geography round in this game.)

What could be a better example of Canadiana than our crappy
roadside attractions? We name the attraction and sometimes a
bit more information, and you name the *province or territory*
where it is. The phrase "world's largest" should be taken with
a mountain of salt. Note: Answers may repeat!

1. World's Largest Giant Squid, in Glover's Harbour.
2. World's Largest Lobster, in Shediac.
3. World's Largest Canada Goose, along the Trans-Canada Highway.
4. World's Second-Largest Moose, named Mac.
5. World's Largest Ukrainian Easter Egg, in Vegreville.
6. World's Largest Hockey Stick, in Duncan.
7. World's Largest Weathervane -- it's an entire DC-3 airplane.
8. World's Largest Dinosaur. You can climb into its mouth.
9. World's Largest Fiddle.
10. The Big Apple. Biggest north of the border, anyway?

--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Sex on trains, of course."
m...@vex.net -- Clive Feather

Joshua Kreitzer

Feb 1, 2020, 1:25:43 AM2/1/20
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:f5WdnRPZ1okEl6jDnZ2dnUU7-
YvN...@giganews.com:

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Science - Old-Timey Medicine
>
> Try your luck with ten questions about outdated medical information
> and procedures.
>
> 1. This mostly outdated surgery was employed to relieve pressure or
> treat diseases of the head, by drilling a hole into the skull.
> Today a *temporary* hole called a craniotomy is occasionally
> made for that purpose, but name the old-timey procedure.

trepanning

> 2. Which psudoscience attempted to predict mental traits by
> measuring and mapping the bumps on a person's skull?

phrenology

> 4. Sigmund Freud was a proponent of this recreational drug,
> and wrote a 1884 paper describing its positive effect on pain
> and depression. Not totally antiquated, this drug is sometimes
> used in medicine today.

cocaine

> 5. This surgical procedure is now widely considered barbarous, but
> it was employed for decades as a cure for a variety of disorders.
> Rosemary Kennedy had one at the request of her father, and was
> left permanently incapacitated. Name this procedure.

lobotomy

> 6. This medical procedure was based on the antiquated notion of
> four "humors" that had to be in balance for one to remain
> healthy. In the 19th century it was carried out by barbers,
> and contributed to the death of George Washington.

bleeding

> 7. Emperor Qui Shi Huang, the founder of the Chinese Qin dynasty,
> died after taking an elixir of immortality. This was the cause
> of death for numerous Chinese emperors; it was taken in the
> form of pills containing what toxic substance?

mercury

> 8. King Charles II of England paid a fortune for what became known
> as King's Drops, a tincture he would sip that contained *what*,
> in powdered form and mixed in alcohol?

gold

> 9. Paul Alexander, a survivor of polio, is one of the last people
> in the USA to use one of these machines. He has used it
> continually for 65 years. What machine?

iron lung

> 10. In the early 20th century, a medical device called the
> Violet Ray used an electric discharge coil to blast a person
> with high-voltage, low-current electricity for medical purposes.
> It glowed violet. Who invented it?

Ray

> * Game 9, Round 8 - Canadiana Geography - Roadside Attractions
>
> (Yes, this was the second Canadiana geography round in this game.)
>
> What could be a better example of Canadiana than our crappy
> roadside attractions? We name the attraction and sometimes a
> bit more information, and you name the *province or territory*
> where it is. The phrase "world's largest" should be taken with
> a mountain of salt. Note: Answers may repeat!
>
> 1. World's Largest Giant Squid, in Glover's Harbour.

British Columbia

> 2. World's Largest Lobster, in Shediac.

New Brunswick; Nova Scotia

> 3. World's Largest Canada Goose, along the Trans-Canada Highway.

Saskatchewan; Manitoba

> 4. World's Second-Largest Moose, named Mac.

Alberta; Saskatchewan

> 5. World's Largest Ukrainian Easter Egg, in Vegreville.

Manitoba; Alberta

> 6. World's Largest Hockey Stick, in Duncan.

Ontario; Alberta

> 7. World's Largest Weathervane -- it's an entire DC-3 airplane.

Saskatchewan; Ontario

> 8. World's Largest Dinosaur. You can climb into its mouth.

Alberta

> 9. World's Largest Fiddle.

Newfoundland and Labrador; Prince Edward Island

> 10. The Big Apple. Biggest north of the border, anyway?

New Brunswick; Ontario

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Dan Blum

Feb 1, 2020, 9:21:26 AM2/1/20
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Science - Old-Timey Medicine

> 1. This mostly outdated surgery was employed to relieve pressure or
> treat diseases of the head, by drilling a hole into the skull.
> Today a *temporary* hole called a craniotomy is occasionally
> made for that purpose, but name the old-timey procedure.

trepanation

> 2. Which psudoscience attempted to predict mental traits by
> measuring and mapping the bumps on a person's skull?

phrenology

> 3. Julius Wagner-Jauregg was a psychiatrist who won the Nobel Prize
> for medicine in 1927. He discovered that giving a patient a
> certain disease would create a fever that could cure syphilis
> -- and it only killed 15% of his patients. Name the disease
> he employed as a cure.

typhoid fever; smallpox

> 4. Sigmund Freud was a proponent of this recreational drug,
> and wrote a 1884 paper describing its positive effect on pain
> and depression. Not totally antiquated, this drug is sometimes
> used in medicine today.

marijuana

> 5. This surgical procedure is now widely considered barbarous, but
> it was employed for decades as a cure for a variety of disorders.
> Rosemary Kennedy had one at the request of her father, and was
> left permanently incapacitated. Name this procedure.

lobotomy

> 6. This medical procedure was based on the antiquated notion of
> four "humors" that had to be in balance for one to remain
> healthy. In the 19th century it was carried out by barbers,
> and contributed to the death of George Washington.

bloodletting

> 7. Emperor Qui Shi Huang, the founder of the Chinese Qin dynasty,
> died after taking an elixir of immortality. This was the cause
> of death for numerous Chinese emperors; it was taken in the
> form of pills containing what toxic substance?

mercury

> 8. King Charles II of England paid a fortune for what became known
> as King's Drops, a tincture he would sip that contained *what*,
> in powdered form and mixed in alcohol?

human bones

> 9. Paul Alexander, a survivor of polio, is one of the last people
> in the USA to use one of these machines. He has used it
> continually for 65 years. What machine?

iron lung

> 10. In the early 20th century, a medical device called the
> Violet Ray used an electric discharge coil to blast a person
> with high-voltage, low-current electricity for medical purposes.
> It glowed violet. Who invented it?

Tesla

> * Game 9, Round 8 - Canadiana Geography - Roadside Attractions

> 1. World's Largest Giant Squid, in Glover's Harbour.

Nova Scotia; Newfoundland and Labrador

> 2. World's Largest Lobster, in Shediac.

Nova Scotia; New Brunswick

> 3. World's Largest Canada Goose, along the Trans-Canada Highway.

Manitoba; Alberta

> 4. World's Second-Largest Moose, named Mac.

Saskatchewan; Alberta

> 5. World's Largest Ukrainian Easter Egg, in Vegreville.

Quebec; New Brunswick

> 6. World's Largest Hockey Stick, in Duncan.

Ontario; Alberta

> 7. World's Largest Weathervane -- it's an entire DC-3 airplane.

Newfoundland and Labrador; Yukon

> 8. World's Largest Dinosaur. You can climb into its mouth.

Ontario; British Columbia

> 9. World's Largest Fiddle.

New Brunswick; Prince Edward Island

> 10. The Big Apple. Biggest north of the border, anyway?

Ontario; Quebec

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Dan Tilque

Feb 2, 2020, 10:10:53 AM2/2/20
On 1/31/20 9:20 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Science - Old-Timey Medicine
>
> Try your luck with ten questions about outdated medical information
> and procedures.
>
> 1. This mostly outdated surgery was employed to relieve pressure or
> treat diseases of the head, by drilling a hole into the skull.
> Today a *temporary* hole called a craniotomy is occasionally
> made for that purpose, but name the old-timey procedure.

trepanning

> 2. Which psudoscience attempted to predict mental traits by
> measuring and mapping the bumps on a person's skull?

phrenology

> 3. Julius Wagner-Jauregg was a psychiatrist who won the Nobel Prize
> for medicine in 1927. He discovered that giving a patient a
> certain disease would create a fever that could cure syphilis
> -- and it only killed 15% of his patients. Name the disease
> he employed as a cure.

tuberculosis

> 4. Sigmund Freud was a proponent of this recreational drug,
> and wrote a 1884 paper describing its positive effect on pain
> and depression. Not totally antiquated, this drug is sometimes
> used in medicine today.

cocaine

> 5. This surgical procedure is now widely considered barbarous, but
> it was employed for decades as a cure for a variety of disorders.
> Rosemary Kennedy had one at the request of her father, and was
> left permanently incapacitated. Name this procedure.

lobotomy

> 6. This medical procedure was based on the antiquated notion of
> four "humors" that had to be in balance for one to remain
> healthy. In the 19th century it was carried out by barbers,
> and contributed to the death of George Washington.

bleeding

> 7. Emperor Qui Shi Huang, the founder of the Chinese Qin dynasty,
> died after taking an elixir of immortality. This was the cause
> of death for numerous Chinese emperors; it was taken in the
> form of pills containing what toxic substance?

mercury

> 8. King Charles II of England paid a fortune for what became known
> as King's Drops, a tincture he would sip that contained *what*,
> in powdered form and mixed in alcohol?
>
> 9. Paul Alexander, a survivor of polio, is one of the last people
> in the USA to use one of these machines. He has used it
> continually for 65 years. What machine?

iron lung

> 10. In the early 20th century, a medical device called the
> Violet Ray used an electric discharge coil to blast a person
> with high-voltage, low-current electricity for medical purposes.
> It glowed violet. Who invented it?

Tesla

> * Game 9, Round 8 - Canadiana Geography - Roadside Attractions
>
> (Yes, this was the second Canadiana geography round in this game.)
>
> What could be a better example of Canadiana than our crappy
> roadside attractions? We name the attraction and sometimes a
> bit more information, and you name the *province or territory*
> where it is. The phrase "world's largest" should be taken with
> a mountain of salt. Note: Answers may repeat!
>
> 1. World's Largest Giant Squid, in Glover's Harbour.

Newfoundland and Labrador

> 2. World's Largest Lobster, in Shediac.

New Brunswick

> 3. World's Largest Canada Goose, along the Trans-Canada Highway.

Ontario

> 4. World's Second-Largest Moose, named Mac.

Quebec

> 5. World's Largest Ukrainian Easter Egg, in Vegreville.

Saskatchewan

> 6. World's Largest Hockey Stick, in Duncan.

Manitoba

> 7. World's Largest Weathervane -- it's an entire DC-3 airplane.

Ontario

> 8. World's Largest Dinosaur. You can climb into its mouth.

Alberta

> 9. World's Largest Fiddle.

Nova Scotia

> 10. The Big Apple. Biggest north of the border, anyway?

British Columbia

--
Dan Tilque

Calvin

Feb 2, 2020, 6:21:35 PM2/2/20
On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 3:20:30 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Science - Old-Timey Medicine
>
> Try your luck with ten questions about outdated medical information
> and procedures.

Brilliant topic!

> 1. This mostly outdated surgery was employed to relieve pressure or
> treat diseases of the head, by drilling a hole into the skull.
> Today a *temporary* hole called a craniotomy is occasionally
> made for that purpose, but name the old-timey procedure.
>
> 2. Which psudoscience attempted to predict mental traits by
> measuring and mapping the bumps on a person's skull?

Phrenology

> 3. Julius Wagner-Jauregg was a psychiatrist who won the Nobel Prize
> for medicine in 1927. He discovered that giving a patient a
> certain disease would create a fever that could cure syphilis
> -- and it only killed 15% of his patients. Name the disease
> he employed as a cure.

Smallpox?

> 4. Sigmund Freud was a proponent of this recreational drug,
> and wrote a 1884 paper describing its positive effect on pain
> and depression. Not totally antiquated, this drug is sometimes
> used in medicine today.

Cannabis

> 5. This surgical procedure is now widely considered barbarous, but
> it was employed for decades as a cure for a variety of disorders.
> Rosemary Kennedy had one at the request of her father, and was
> left permanently incapacitated. Name this procedure.

Lobotomy

> 6. This medical procedure was based on the antiquated notion of
> four "humors" that had to be in balance for one to remain
> healthy. In the 19th century it was carried out by barbers,
> and contributed to the death of George Washington.

Bleeding

> 7. Emperor Qui Shi Huang, the founder of the Chinese Qin dynasty,
> died after taking an elixir of immortality. This was the cause
> of death for numerous Chinese emperors; it was taken in the
> form of pills containing what toxic substance?

Arsenic

> 8. King Charles II of England paid a fortune for what became known
> as King's Drops, a tincture he would sip that contained *what*,
> in powdered form and mixed in alcohol?

Arsenic

> 9. Paul Alexander, a survivor of polio, is one of the last people
> in the USA to use one of these machines. He has used it
> continually for 65 years. What machine?

Iron lung
"And a good day to you, sir!"

> 10. In the early 20th century, a medical device called the
> Violet Ray used an electric discharge coil to blast a person
> with high-voltage, low-current electricity for medical purposes.
> It glowed violet. Who invented it?
>

> * Game 9, Round 8 - Canadiana Geography - Roadside Attractions

Pass

cheers,
calvin

Pete Gayde

Feb 3, 2020, 2:34:19 PM2/3/20
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:f5WdnRPZ1okEl6jDnZ2dnUU7-
YvN...@giganews.com:

Lobotomy

> 6. This medical procedure was based on the antiquated notion of
> four "humors" that had to be in balance for one to remain
> healthy. In the 19th century it was carried out by barbers,
> and contributed to the death of George Washington.
>
> 7. Emperor Qui Shi Huang, the founder of the Chinese Qin dynasty,
> died after taking an elixir of immortality. This was the cause
> of death for numerous Chinese emperors; it was taken in the
> form of pills containing what toxic substance?

Arsenic; Strichnine

> 8. King Charles II of England paid a fortune for what became known
> as King's Drops, a tincture he would sip that contained *what*,
> in powdered form and mixed in alcohol?
>
> 9. Paul Alexander, a survivor of polio, is one of the last people
> in the USA to use one of these machines. He has used it
> continually for 65 years. What machine?

Iron Lung

> 10. In the early 20th century, a medical device called the
> Violet Ray used an electric discharge coil to blast a person
> with high-voltage, low-current electricity for medical purposes.
> It glowed violet. Who invented it?
>

> * Game 9, Round 8 - Canadiana Geography - Roadside Attractions
>
> (Yes, this was the second Canadiana geography round in this game.)
>
> What could be a better example of Canadiana than our crappy
> roadside attractions? We name the attraction and sometimes a
> bit more information, and you name the *province or territory*
> where it is. The phrase "world's largest" should be taken with
> a mountain of salt. Note: Answers may repeat!
>
> 1. World's Largest Giant Squid, in Glover's Harbour.

British Columbia; Prince Edward Island

> 2. World's Largest Lobster, in Shediac.

Nova Scotia; Prince Edward Island

> 3. World's Largest Canada Goose, along the Trans-Canada Highway.

Yukon Territory; British Columbia

> 4. World's Second-Largest Moose, named Mac.

Saskatchewan; Manitoba

> 5. World's Largest Ukrainian Easter Egg, in Vegreville.

Quebec; Ontario

> 6. World's Largest Hockey Stick, in Duncan.

Alberta; Saskatchewan

> 7. World's Largest Weathervane -- it's an entire DC-3 airplane.

Ontario; British Columbia

> 8. World's Largest Dinosaur. You can climb into its mouth.

Alberta; Saskatchewan

> 9. World's Largest Fiddle.

Ontario; British Columbia

> 10. The Big Apple. Biggest north of the border, anyway?

Ontario; New Brunswick

Pete Gayde

Mark Brader

Feb 4, 2020, 2:14:20 AM2/4/20
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2019-11-18,
> see my 2019-10-16 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Science - Old-Timey Medicine

> Try your luck with ten questions about outdated medical information
> and procedures.

> 1. This mostly outdated surgery was employed to relieve pressure or
> treat diseases of the head, by drilling a hole into the skull.
> Today a *temporary* hole called a craniotomy is occasionally
> made for that purpose, but name the old-timey procedure.

Trepanning or trepanation. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Dan Tilque.

> 2. Which psudoscience attempted to predict mental traits by
> measuring and mapping the bumps on a person's skull?

Phrenology. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Calvin.

> 3. Julius Wagner-Jauregg was a psychiatrist who won the Nobel Prize
> for medicine in 1927. He discovered that giving a patient a
> certain disease would create a fever that could cure syphilis
> -- and it only killed 15% of his patients. Name the disease
> he employed as a cure.

Malaria.

> 4. Sigmund Freud was a proponent of this recreational drug,
> and wrote a 1884 paper describing its positive effect on pain
> and depression. Not totally antiquated, this drug is sometimes
> used in medicine today.

Cocaine. 4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque.

> 5. This surgical procedure is now widely considered barbarous, but
> it was employed for decades as a cure for a variety of disorders.
> Rosemary Kennedy had one at the request of her father, and was
> left permanently incapacitated. Name this procedure.

Lobotomy. 4 for everyone -- Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Calvin,
and Pete.

> 6. This medical procedure was based on the antiquated notion of
> four "humors" that had to be in balance for one to remain
> healthy. In the 19th century it was carried out by barbers,
> and contributed to the death of George Washington.

Bloodletting or phlebotomy. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque,
and Calvin.

> 7. Emperor Qui Shi Huang, the founder of the Chinese Qin dynasty,
> died after taking an elixir of immortality. This was the cause
> of death for numerous Chinese emperors; it was taken in the
> form of pills containing what toxic substance?

Mercury. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Dan Tilque.

> 8. King Charles II of England paid a fortune for what became known
> as King's Drops, a tincture he would sip that contained *what*,
> in powdered form and mixed in alcohol?

Human (skull) bones. 4 for Dan Blum.

> 9. Paul Alexander, a survivor of polio, is one of the last people
> in the USA to use one of these machines. He has used it
> continually for 65 years. What machine?

Iron lung. 4 for everyone.

> 10. In the early 20th century, a medical device called the
> Violet Ray used an electric discharge coil to blast a person
> with high-voltage, low-current electricity for medical purposes.
> It glowed violet. Who invented it?

Nikola Tesla. 4 for Dan Blum and Dan Tilque.

> * Game 9, Round 8 - Canadiana Geography - Roadside Attractions

> (Yes, this was the second Canadiana geography round in this game.)

> What could be a better example of Canadiana than our crappy
> roadside attractions? We name the attraction and sometimes a
> bit more information, and you name the *province or territory*
> where it is. The phrase "world's largest" should be taken with
> a mountain of salt. Note: Answers may repeat!

> 1. World's Largest Giant Squid, in Glover's Harbour.

Newfoundland and Labrador. 4 for Dan Tilque. 2 for Dan Blum.

See: http://www.cbc.ca/nl/blogs/seen/IMGP1599.JPG

> 2. World's Largest Lobster, in Shediac.

New Brunswick. 4 for Dan Tilque. 3 for Joshua. 2 for Dan Blum.

See: http://live.staticflickr.com/3791/9065382559_9e9b758df5_b.jpg

> 3. World's Largest Canada Goose, along the Trans-Canada Highway.

Ontario. (In Wawa.) 4 for Dan Tilque.

See: http://wawa.cc/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/37663478512_7ae81180b0_b-1-1.jpg

> 4. World's Second-Largest Moose, named Mac.

Saskatchewan. (In Moose Jaw, of course.) 3 for Dan Blum and Pete.
2 for Joshua.

As you will remember from QFTCICR19 Current Events 5, originally
played on 2019-03-04 and posted here 8 days later, the largest,
or at least the tallest, moose statue is in Stor-Elvdal, Norway.
See: http://video-images.vice.com/articles/5c45fa2e36b06c0007c8e9f5/lede/1548090330441-moose-V-moose.jpeg

> 5. World's Largest Ukrainian Easter Egg, in Vegreville.

Alberta. 2 for Joshua.

See: http://www.cbc.ca/sevenwonders/images/pic_wonder_vegreville_egg_lg.jpg

> 6. World's Largest Hockey Stick, in Duncan.

British Columbia.

See: http://kelseyfamilyacrosscanada.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/img_7613.jpg

> 7. World's Largest Weathervane -- it's an entire DC-3 airplane.

Yukon. (In Whitehorse.) 2 for Dan Blum.

To see that it rotates, compare the backgrounds:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lSIDOIGLxEM/maxresdefault.jpg
http://live.staticflickr.com/7197/6831638468_cde16f2897_b.jpg

> 8. World's Largest Dinosaur. You can climb into its mouth.

Alberta. (In Drumheller, of course.) 4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque.
3 for Pete.

See: http://www.worldslargestdinosaur.com/images/WLD-aerial0007.jpg

> 9. World's Largest Fiddle.

Nova Scotia. (In Sydney.) 4 for Dan Tilque.

See: http://caperlive.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/featured-image_big-fiddle1-1024x683.jpg

> 10. The Big Apple. Biggest north of the border, anyway?

Ontario. (In Colborne. Which is some considerable distance
away from Port Colborne, mentioned in the other geography round.)
3 for Dan Blum and Pete. 2 for Joshua.

See: http://thebigapple.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/attractions-banner-1.jpg

And by the way, New York is big, but this is Biggar:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3318/3504499960_5e2728f4c6_b.jpg

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 9 ROUNDS-> 3 4 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Ent His Lit Sci Can THREE
Dan Blum 20 32 38 32 12 102
Joshua Kreitzer 24 20 37 28 13 89
Dan Tilque 8 24 24 32 20 80
Pete Gayde 24 20 20 8 9 64
"Calvin" 16 8 28 16 0 60
Erland Sommarskog -- 4 0 -- -- 4

--
Mark Brader | "Now I feel stupid. Well, I guess it's not bad
Toronto | if that happens once a decade or so."