Calvin's Quiz #553

Calvin

Jan 31, 2019, 10:36:24 PM1/31/19

1 Muscatel is a variety of which drink?
2 In 2016, what was the largest of the Japanese car manufacturers by sales?
3 In which 1973 James Bond film does the character Solitaire appear?
4 Which American screenwriter's credits include 'Silkwood' (1983), 'When Harry Met Sally' (1989), and 'Sleepless in Seattle' (1993)?
5 Who directed 'Broken Arrow' (1996) and 'Face/Off' (1997)?
6 Which French actress played the title role in the 1967 Luis Bunuel film 'Belle De Jour'?
7 A French staple, what is the two-word name for a baked or fried ham and cheese sandwich?
8 The Opus Dei institution was founded by Catholic priest Jose Maria Escrivá in 1928 in which country?
9 Antananarivo is the capital city of which island nation?
10 In 1865 William Booth founded which charitable organisation?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Jan 31, 2019, 10:54:10 PM1/31/19
"Calvin":
> 1 Muscatel is a variety of which drink?

Wine.

> 2 In 2016, what was the largest of the Japanese car manufacturers
> by sales?

Toyota?

> 3 In which 1973 James Bond film does the character Solitaire appear?

"Diamonds are Forever".

> 4 Which American screenwriter's credits include 'Silkwood' (1983),
> 'When Harry Met Sally' (1989), and 'Sleepless in Seattle' (1993)?

Ephron.

> 5 Who directed 'Broken Arrow' (1996) and 'Face/Off' (1997)?

Woo.

> 6 Which French actress played the title role in the 1967 Luis
> Bunuel film 'Belle De Jour'?

Deneuve.

> 7 A French staple, what is the two-word name for a baked or fried
> ham and cheese sandwich?

Croque-monsieur.

> 8 The Opus Dei institution was founded by Catholic priest Jose
> Maria Escrivá in 1928 in which country?

Spain?

> 9 Antananarivo is the capital city of which island nation?

Madagascar.

> 10 In 1865 William Booth founded which charitable organisation?

Salvation Army.
--
Mark Brader "Well, it's not in MY interest -- and I represent
Toronto the public, so it's not in the public interest!"

Dan Blum

Feb 1, 2019, 9:54:08 AM2/1/19
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Muscatel is a variety of which drink?

wine

> 2 In 2016, what was the largest of the Japanese car manufacturers by sales?

Toyota

> 3 In which 1973 James Bond film does the character Solitaire appear?

Live and Let Die

> 4 Which American screenwriter's credits include 'Silkwood' (1983), 'When Harry Met Sally' (1989), and 'Sleepless in Seattle' (1993)?

Nora Ephron

> 5 Who directed 'Broken Arrow' (1996) and 'Face/Off' (1997)?

Tony Scott

> 6 Which French actress played the title role in the 1967 Luis Bunuel film 'Belle De Jour'?

Catherine Deneuve

> 7 A French staple, what is the two-word name for a baked or fried ham and cheese sandwich?

croque monsieur

> 8 The Opus Dei institution was founded by Catholic priest Jose Maria Escriv?? in 1928 in which country?

Argentina

> 9 Antananarivo is the capital city of which island nation?

Madagascar

> 10 In 1865 William Booth founded which charitable organisation?

Salvation Army

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

ArenEss

Feb 1, 2019, 10:31:23 AM2/1/19
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 19:36:23 -0800 (PST), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Muscatel is a variety of which drink?
Wine

>2 In 2016, what was the largest of the Japanese car manufacturers by sales?
Toyota

>3 In which 1973 James Bond film does the character Solitaire appear?
Live or Let Die

>4 Which American screenwriter's credits include 'Silkwood' (1983), 'When Harry Met Sally' (1989), and 'Sleepless in Seattle' (1993)?
Nora Ephron

>5 Who directed 'Broken Arrow' (1996) and 'Face/Off' (1997)?
John Woo

>6 Which French actress played the title role in the 1967 Luis Bunuel film 'Belle De Jour'?
Catherine Deneuve

>7 A French staple, what is the two-word name for a baked or fried ham and cheese sandwich?
>8 The Opus Dei institution was founded by Catholic priest Jose Maria Escrivá in 1928 in which country?
Spain

>9 Antananarivo is the capital city of which island nation?
Madagascar

>10 In 1865 William Booth founded which charitable organisation?
Salvation Army

Aren Ess

>cheers,
>calvin

Erland Sommarskog

Feb 1, 2019, 4:13:53 PM2/1/19
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Muscatel is a variety of which drink?

Champagne

> 2 In 2016, what was the largest of the Japanese car manufacturers by
> sales?

Toyota

> 3 In which 1973 James Bond film does the character Solitaire appear?

Live and Let Die

> 6 Which French actress played the title role in the 1967 Luis Bunuel
> film 'Belle De Jour'?

Brigitte Bardot

> 7 A French staple, what is the two-word name for a baked or fried
> ham and cheese sandwich?

Croque Monsiuer

> 8 The Opus Dei institution was founded by Catholic priest Jose Maria
> Escrivá in 1928 in which country?

Spain

> 9 Antananarivo is the capital city of which island nation?

Madagascar

> 10 In 1865 William Booth founded which charitable organisation?

The Salvation Army

Dan Tilque

Feb 1, 2019, 11:34:32 PM2/1/19
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Muscatel is a variety of which drink?+

wine

> 2 In 2016, what was the largest of the Japanese car manufacturers by sales?

Toyota

> 3 In which 1973 James Bond film does the character Solitaire appear?
> 4 Which American screenwriter's credits include 'Silkwood' (1983), 'When Harry Met Sally' (1989), and 'Sleepless in Seattle' (1993)?
> 5 Who directed 'Broken Arrow' (1996) and 'Face/Off' (1997)?
> 6 Which French actress played the title role in the 1967 Luis Bunuel film 'Belle De Jour'?
> 7 A French staple, what is the two-word name for a baked or fried ham and cheese sandwich?
> 8 The Opus Dei institution was founded by Catholic priest Jose Maria Escrivá in 1928 in which country?

Spain

> 9 Antananarivo is the capital city of which island nation?

Maldives

> 10 In 1865 William Booth founded which charitable organisation?

Goodwill

--
Dan Tilque

Pete Gayde

Feb 2, 2019, 1:17:07 AM2/2/19
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Muscatel is a variety of which drink?

Wine

> 2 In 2016, what was the largest of the Japanese car manufacturers
> by sales?

Toyota

> 3 In which 1973 James Bond film does the character
> Solitaire appear?

Diamonds are Forever

> 4 Which American screenwriter's credits include
> 'Silkwood' (1983), 'When Harry Met Sally' (1989), and 'Sleepless in
> Seattle' (1993)?

Ephron

> 5 Who directed 'Broken Arrow' (1996) and 'Face/Off' (1997)?
> 6 Which French actress played the title role in
> the 1967 Luis Bunuel film 'Belle De Jour'?

Deneuve

> 7 A French staple, what
> is the two-word name for a baked or fried ham and cheese sandwich?
> 8
> The Opus Dei institution was founded by Catholic priest Jose Maria
> Escrivá in 1928 in which country?

Spain

> 9 Antananarivo is the capital city of which island nation?

Madagascar

> 10 In 1865 William Booth founded
> which charitable organisation?

Salvation Army

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Calvin

Feb 6, 2019, 7:04:59 PM2/6/19
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 1:36:24 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Muscatel is a variety of which drink?

Wine

> 2 In 2016, what was the largest of the Japanese car manufacturers by sales?

Toyota

> 3 In which 1973 James Bond film does the character Solitaire appear?

Live and Let Die

> 4 Which American screenwriter's credits include 'Silkwood' (1983), 'When Harry Met Sally' (1989), and 'Sleepless in Seattle' (1993)?

Nora Ephron

> 5 Who directed 'Broken Arrow' (1996) and 'Face/Off' (1997)?

John Woo

> 6 Which French actress played the title role in the 1967 Luis Bunuel film 'Belle De Jour'?

Catherine Deneuve

> 7 A French staple, what is the two-word name for a baked or fried ham and cheese sandwich?

Croque-Monsieur

> 8 The Opus Dei institution was founded by Catholic priest Jose Maria Escrivá in 1928 in which country?

Spain

> 9 Antananarivo is the capital city of which island nation?

Madagascar

> 10 In 1865 William Booth founded which charitable organisation?

Salvation Army

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 553
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 39 Mark Brader
1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 9 39 Aren Ess
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 8 35 Dan Blum
1 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 7 34 Pete Gayde
0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 6 27 Erland S
1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 16 Dan Tilque
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
5 6 3 4 2 4 3 5 5 5 42 70%

Congratulations Mark and Aren, who can't be separated even by the tie-breaker.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Feb 6, 2019, 7:45:06 PM2/6/19
"Calvin":
> Congratulations Mark and Aren, who can't be separated even by the tie-breaker.

Ah, but I had an *intelligently guessed* wrong answer, and he or she didn't.
So *there*! :-)

Thanks.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "After much soul-searching, the DMR decided to
m...@vex.net | go with UNIX." -- "/aur" magazine, April-May '89

Calvin

Feb 6, 2019, 8:09:14 PM2/6/19
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 10:45:06 AM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:
> "Calvin":
> > Congratulations Mark and Aren, who can't be separated even by the tie-breaker.
>
> Ah, but I had an *intelligently guessed* wrong answer, and he or she didn't.
> So *there*! :-)

Mark is thereby proclaimed the moral victor :-)

cheers,
calvin