Calvin's Quiz #496

Calvin

Jul 24, 2017, 10:35:10 PM7/24/17

1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?
2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to complete?
3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer) club that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?
4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then Jacqueline Roque (in 1961)?
5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?
6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?
7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?
8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?
9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?
10 How long does a standard netball game last?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Blum

Jul 24, 2017, 10:38:39 PM7/24/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?

astronomy

> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to complete?

swimming

> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?

144

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?

explanations

> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?

cheese

> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?

Swedish

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

Jul 25, 2017, 1:50:23 AM7/25/17
"Calvin":
> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history,
> which field of science is considered the oldest of the
> natural sciences?

Astronomy.

> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's
> triathlon at the 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs
> took him the longest time to complete?

Running.

> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football
> (soccer) club that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?

Paris St-Germain.

> 4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then
> Jacqueline Roque (in 1961)?

Picasso.

> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?

144.

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?

Difficult words. :-)

> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?

Cheese.

> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?

Swedish.

> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?

Luxembourg?

> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?

1 hour?
--
Mark Brader | "In fact, that's not a bad epitaph.
Toronto | Dennis Ritchie: he did one job, and he did it well."

Erland Sommarskog

Jul 25, 2017, 3:12:10 AM7/25/17
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which
> field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?

Astronomy

> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the
> 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to
> complete?

Cycling

> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer)
> club that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?

Paris Saint-Germain

> 4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then
> Jacqueline Roque (in 1961)?

Pablo Picasso

> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?

144

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?

Long-winding stories

> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?

Cheese

> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?

Swedish

> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?

Netherlands

> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?

60 minutes

Dan Tilque

Jul 25, 2017, 4:35:59 AM7/25/17
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?

astronomy

> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to complete?

run

> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer) club that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?
> 4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then Jacqueline Roque (in 1961)?
> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?

144

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?

knowledge

> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?
> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?

Swedish (although there was one show where, as a joke, they said he's
actually Japanese. He then started mumbling in Japanese.)

> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?
> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?

40 minutes

--
Dan Tilque

Peter Smyth

Jul 25, 2017, 7:45:58 AM7/25/17
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which field
> of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?
Metallurgy
> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the
> 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to
> complete?
Cycling
> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer) club
> that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?
Paris St Germain
> 4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then Jacqueline
> Roque (in 1961)?
>
> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?
144
> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?
Letters
> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?
>
> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?
Swedish
> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?
Netherlands
> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?
40 minutes

Peter Smyth

Marc Dashevsky

Jul 25, 2017, 11:30:49 AM7/25/17
In article <f2ebd86d-2641-48f7...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?
> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to complete?
> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer) club that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?
> 4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then Jacqueline Roque (in 1961)?
> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?
144

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?
knowledge

> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?
cheese

> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?
> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?
> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?
>

> cheers,
> calvin

Bruce Bowler

Jul 25, 2017, 1:20:00 PM7/25/17
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:35:09 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which
field
> of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?

Astronomy

> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the
> 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to
> complete?

cycling

> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer) club
> that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?
> 4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then
Jacqueline
> Roque (in 1961)?

Picasso

> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?

144

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?
> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?

Cheese

> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?

Swedish

> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?

Netherlands

> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?

4 quarters.

Pete Gayde

Jul 25, 2017, 2:58:40 PM7/25/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which
> field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?

Agronomy

> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the
> 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to
> complete?

Cycling

> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football
> (soccer) club that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?

Paris St Germain

> 4 Which artist
> was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then Jacqueline Roque (in
> 1961)?

Chagall

> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?

144

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?

Speaking

> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?

Cheese

> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?

Swedish

> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?

Holland

> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?

30 minutes

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

ArenEss

Jul 27, 2017, 10:21:17 AM7/27/17
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:35:09 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?
Astronomy
>2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to complete?
Running?
>3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer) club that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?
Paris Saint-Germain?
>4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then Jacqueline Roque (in 1961)?
Pablo Picasso?
>5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?
144!
>6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?
Knowledge?
>7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?
cheese!
>8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?
Swedish!
>9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?
Netherlands?
>10 How long does a standard netball game last?
If that is the australian term for basketball, then 48 minutes.

ArenEss

>cheers,
>calvin

Gareth Owen

Jul 27, 2017, 2:18:21 PM7/27/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which
> field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?

Astronomy??

> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the
> 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to
> complete?

Cycling.

> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer) club
> that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?

Paris Saint-Germaine

> 4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then
> Jacqueline Roque (in 1961)?

Dali?

> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?

144

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?

Knowledge

> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?

Cheese

> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?

Swedish

> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?

Netherlands

> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?

1 hour??

Calvin

Aug 1, 2017, 7:09:53 PM8/1/17
On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 12:35:10 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Studied by the earliest civilizations in recorded history, which field of science is considered the oldest of the natural sciences?

Astronomy

> 2 Britain's Alistair Brownlee won gold in the men's triathlon at the 2016 Rio games. Which of the three legs took him the longest time to complete?

Cycle

> 3 What is the proper 3-word name of the French football (soccer) club that is often abbreviated to "PSG"?

Paris Saint Germain

> 4 Which artist was married Olga Khokhlova (in 1918) and then Jacqueline Roque (in 1961)?

Pablo Picasso

> 5 How many square inches are there in one square foot?

144

> 6 Epistemophobia is the fear of what?

Knowledge

> 7 A dish served "con queso" will contain what foodstuff?

Cheese

> 8 What nationality is the chef on the TV show The Muppets?

Swedish

> 9 Marco Van Basten represented which country in football (soccer)?

Netherlands

> 10 How long does a standard netball game last?

60 minutes

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 496
1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 9 45 Erland S
1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 48 Gareth Owen
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 42 Aren Ess
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 7 34 Bruce Bowler
1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 7 40 Mark Brader
0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 6 31 Pete Gayde
0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 5 25 Peter Smyth
1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 4 26 Dan Tilque
1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 4 27 Dan Blum
0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 3 17 Marc Dashevsky
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
7 5 6 4 10 4 8 9 6 3 62 62%

Congratulations Erland!

cheers,
calvin

Calvin

Aug 1, 2017, 9:05:00 PM8/1/17
On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 9:09:53 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

I replicated that excel tiebreak error again dammit.

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 496
1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 9 58 Erland S
1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 58 Gareth Owen
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 54 Aren Ess
1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 7 47 Mark Brader