Calvin's Quiz #386

Calvin

Mar 28, 2015, 11:12:52 PM3/28/15

1 How many countries border Switzerland?
2 Which girl's name was also hit song for Little Richard in 1957 and Kenny Rogers in 1977?
3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress? [Designer or Fashion House]
4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?
5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?
6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?
7 In mathematics, which punctuation mark is used to indicate a number's factorial?
8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?
9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?
10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Tilque

Mar 29, 2015, 1:05:11 AM3/29/15

5

> 2 Which girl's name was also hit song for Little Richard in 1957 and Kenny Rogers in 1977?

Suzy

> 3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress? [Designer or Fashion House]
> 4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?
> 5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?

sulphur

> 6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?

Gdansk

!

> 8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?

Broncos

> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?

Italy (more or less in the Tuscany area)

> 10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?

Israel

--
Dan Tilque

Björn Lundin

Mar 29, 2015, 5:07:23 AM3/29/15
On 2015-03-29 05:12, Calvin wrote:

> 1 How many countries border Switzerland?
Austria,Gernamy,France,Italy,Lichtenstein
that makes 5

> 2 Which girl's name was also hit song for Little Richard in 1957 and Kenny Rogers in 1977?
Susie?

> 3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress? [Designer or Fashion House]
YSL?

> 4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?
Cape Town

> 5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?
Copper?

> 6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?
Gdansk

> 7 In mathematics, which punctuation mark is used to indicate a number's factorial?
!

> 8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?
Their inhabitants most likely have English as mother tongue?

> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?
Italy

> 10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?
Abu Dahbi?

> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Chris F.A. Johnson

Mar 29, 2015, 6:08:04 AM3/29/15
On 2015-03-29, Calvin wrote:

> 1 How many countries border Switzerland?

5

> 2 Which girl's name was also hit song for Little Richard in 1957 and Kenny Rogers in 1977?

Lucille

> 3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress? [Designer or Fashion House]

Versace (sp?)

> 4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?

Port Elizabeth

> 5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?

Sulphur

> 6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?

Gdansk

> 7 In mathematics, which punctuation mark is used to indicate a number's factorial?

!

> 8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?

Population

> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?

Italy

> 10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?

Israel

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Erland Sommarskog

Mar 29, 2015, 6:16:45 AM3/29/15
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 How many countries border Switzerland?

5

> 3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress? [Designer or Fashion
> House]

Yves Saint-Laurent

> 4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?

Johannesburg

> 5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?

Sulphur

> 6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?

Gdansk

> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?

Italy

> 10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?

Israel

Peter Smyth

Mar 29, 2015, 10:00:49 AM3/29/15

!
> 8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?
Broncos
> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?
Italy
> 10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?
Israel

PEter Smyth

Mark Brader

Mar 29, 2015, 12:10:54 PM3/29/15
"Calvin":
> 1 How many countries border Switzerland?

5.

> 2 Which girl's name was also hit song for Little Richard in 1957 and
> Kenny Rogers in 1977?
> 3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress? [Designer or Fashion House]
> 4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?

Cape Town?

> 5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?

Sulfur.

> 6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?

Gdansk.

!

> 8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?

They are all on the same planet.

> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?

Italy.

> 10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?

Israel, duh.

On "Jeopardy!" the other day they asked which transportation company
founded in 1948 drew its name from the book of Hosea.
--
Mark Brader | "This is the most unreadable book I've ever seen. ...
m...@vex.net | I can imagine someone wanting to assassinate the author,

Pete

Mar 29, 2015, 3:09:40 PM3/29/15
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 How many countries border Switzerland?

5

> 2 Which girl's name was also hit song for Little Richard in 1957
> and Kenny Rogers in 1977?

Lucille

> 3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding
> dress? [Designer or Fashion House]

McCartney

> 4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?

Johannesburg

> 5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?

Sulfur

> 6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?

Gdansk

> 7 In mathematics, which punctuation mark is used to
> indicate a number's factorial?

Exclamation point

> 8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?

River Thames

> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which
> modern-day country?

Italy

> 10 El Al is the national airline of which
> Middle Eastern country?

Israel

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Marc Dashevsky

Mar 29, 2015, 6:20:56 PM3/29/15
6

> 2 Which girl's name was also hit song for Little Richard in 1957 and Kenny Rogers in 1977?
Lucille

> 3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress? [Designer or Fashion House]
> 4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?
> 5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?
sulfur

> 6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?
Gdansk

> 7 In mathematics, which punctuation mark is used to indicate a number's factorial?
!

> 8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?
> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?
Italy

> 10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?
Israel

Calvin

Apr 7, 2015, 5:18:48 PM4/7/15
On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 1:12:52 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 How many countries border Switzerland?

5

> 2 Which girl's name was also hit song for Little Richard in 1957 and Kenny Rogers in 1977?

Lucille

> 3 Who designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress? [Designer or Fashion House]

Sarah Burton / Alexander McQueen

> 4 Ellis Park stadium is located in which South African city?

Johannesburg

> 5 Brimstone is an alternative name for which element?

Sulphur

> 6 Which Polish city is known as Danzig in Germany?

Gdansk

> 7 In mathematics, which punctuation mark is used to indicate a number's factorial?

!

> 8 What links Brisbane, London and Denver?

Broncos [football teams]

> 9 The Etruscan civilization was located in which modern-day country?

Italy

> 10 El Al is the national airline of which Middle Eastern country?

Israel

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 386
1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 49 Peter Smyth
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 8 50 Pete Gayde
1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 7 46 Dan Tilque
1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 7 47 Chris Johnson