What Come In Fives?

Rpashn01

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
things that come in fives.
1. Basketball players
2. fingers
3 senses
4. points on a star

Anuj A. Shah

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Also toes, 5 syllabi to a haiku, packages of ping-pong balls (most of
them, anyway), the "Jackson five", 5 pieces of gum per pack, 5 basic
W's -->who, what, when, where, and why

Rpashn01 (rpas...@aol.com) wrote:
: My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many

Anuj A. Shah

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Anuj A. Shah (a...@riker.neoucom.edu) wrote:
: Also toes, 5 syllabi to a haiku, packages of ping-pong balls (most of

Steve Silberberg

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

In article <19970211211...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

rpas...@aol.com (Rpashn01) wrote:
>My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
>things that come in fives.
>1. Basketball players
>2. fingers
>3 senses
>4. points on a star

5 Legs on a daddy long legs, that had one leg pulled off.

----------------
Steve Silberberg
mailto:ste...@onramp.net
http://rampages.onramp.net/~stevebo/
Suburban America is the melting pot of lowest common denominator
gastronomical mediocrity. -- Holly Moore

Joy Green

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

In article <5dr9sd$k...@newsread.onramp.net>, ste...@onramp.net quoth
thusly...

>In article <19970211211...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> rpas...@aol.com (Rpashn01) wrote:
>>My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
>>things that come in fives.
>>1. Basketball players
>>2. fingers
>>3 senses
>>4. points on a star
>
>5 Legs on a daddy long legs, that had one leg pulled off.

A bunch of fives (fist for the non-English amongst you)

Joy

Susan Burr

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

>==========Rpashn01, 2/11/97==========

>My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
>things that come in fives.
>1. Basketball players
>2. fingers

might as well add toes to that too.

But, how about "5 gold rings" from The 12 Days of Christmas?

Susan

mor...@parsec.com

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

In article <5drk91$kh5$3...@news.iconz.co.nz>,

ton...@central.co.nz (Joy Green) wrote:

> In article <5dr9sd$k...@newsread.onramp.net>, ste...@onramp.net quoth
> thusly...
> >
> >In article <19970211211...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> > rpas...@aol.com (Rpashn01) wrote:
> >>My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
> >>things that come in fives.
> >>1. Basketball players
> >>2. fingers
> >>3 senses
> >>4. points on a star
> >
> >5 Legs on a daddy long legs, that had one leg pulled off.
>
> A bunch of fives (fist for the non-English amongst you)
>
> Joy

Dave Clark's band.
The Five Man Electrical band (signs, signs, everywhere a sign)
Starfish legs. (Also 6,8,10,12)
The "Aural Retentive's Lyrics Quiz" comes in 5 parts via DejaNews...
--
Jeff Morgan - mailto:mor...@parsec.com
Here come ol' flattop, he come groovin' up slowly.

mor...@parsec.com

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

ste...@onramp.net (Steve Silberberg) wrote:

> In article <19970211211...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> rpas...@aol.com (Rpashn01) wrote:
> >My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
> >things that come in fives.
> >1. Basketball players
> >2. fingers
> >3 senses
> >4. points on a star
>
> 5 Legs on a daddy long legs, that had one leg pulled off.

Bzzzzzzt.

arach.nid \*-'rak-n*d\ \-n*d-*n\ n [deriv. of Gk arachne- spider] : any
of a class (Arachnida) of arthropods comprising mostly air-breathing
invertebrates, including the spiders and scorpions, mites, and ticks, and
having a segmented body divided into two regions of which the anterior
bears four pairs of legs but no antennae - arachnid aj

A cat with 4 bullet holes in it?

Steve Silberberg

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

In article <5dr9sd$k...@newsread.onramp.net>,
ste...@onramp.net (Steve Silberberg) wrote:
>In article <19970211211...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> rpas...@aol.com (Rpashn01) wrote:
>5 Legs on a daddy long legs, that had one leg pulled off.

There was a notoriously unsuccessful late 60's early 70's band called "5
Stairsteps and Cubie".

Michael V. Ziniti

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

Joy Green wrote:

> In article <5dr9sd$k...@newsread.onramp.net>, ste...@onramp.net quoth
> thusly...

> >In article <19970211211...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> > rpas...@aol.com (Rpashn01) wrote:
> >>My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
> >>things that come in fives.
> >>1. Basketball players
> >>2. fingers
> >>3 senses
> >>4. points on a star
The fifth roots of unity :)
Mike

Glenn Channell

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

mor...@parsec.com writes:

>In article <5drk91$kh5$3...@news.iconz.co.nz>,

>> >5 Legs on a daddy long legs, that had one leg pulled off.
>>

>> A bunch of fives (fist for the non-English amongst you)
>>
>> Joy

>Dave Clark's band.
>The Five Man Electrical band (signs, signs, everywhere a sign)
>Starfish legs. (Also 6,8,10,12)
>The "Aural Retentive's Lyrics Quiz" comes in 5 parts via DejaNews...

>--
>Jeff Morgan - mailto:mor...@parsec.com
>Here come ol' flattop, he come groovin' up slowly.

Add to that the number of flavors in the original pack of Life
Savers.

Glenn Channell

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

"Mr. Healy" <phe...@expert.cc.purdue.edu> writes:

>Incidently, there are five letters in the word five, but that doesn't
^^^^

Uh...I only count FOUR letters in the word 'five'.

>quite fit the criteria...

>Paul Healy

>On 11 Feb 1997, Rpashn01 wrote:

>> My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
>> things that come in fives.
>> 1. Basketball players
>> 2. fingers
>> 3 senses
>> 4. points on a star
>>

>=================
>phe...@purdue.edu
>http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~phealy/

Mr. Healy

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

Incidently, there are five letters in the word five, but that doesn't

Donald Kostello

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

5 tires on/in a car (including the spare)
5 appendages on a human body (2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head)
5 common vowels (aeiou not counting y)

Tami

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

Mr. Healy wrote:

> Incidently, there are five letters in the word five, but that doesn't
> quite fit the criteria...
>
> Paul Healy

This post has me confounded. I keep trying to find the trick to it...

Tami

Steve Silberberg

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

In article <330337...@daugherty.com>,

And let's not forget -- 5 dollars is all you have to send in to MAKE MONEY
FAST!!

Glenn Channell

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

Donald Kostello <kost...@daugherty.com> writes:

>5 tires on/in a car (including the spare)
>5 appendages on a human body (2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head)
>5 common vowels (aeiou not counting y)

Olympic Rings
Great Lakes
books in the Pentateuch
events in a pentathlon
(etc. all the obvious penta- stuff)
flavors in Life Savers original package
books in Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide..." trilogy
boroughs in NYC
teams per division in NFL and MLB
permanent members of UN Security Council (?)
ORIGINALLY the number of different marshmallows in Lucky CHarms
"Rocky" movies
digits in a zip code
vowels
weekdays
Super Bowl victories by the SF 49ers

John Thornton

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

Five denominations of coin being minted currently (U.S.):

cent, nickel, dime, quarter, and the hardly-seen-but-still-being-minted
half dollar.

John Thornton

mor...@parsec.com

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

In article <5e233g$6...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>,
chan...@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Glenn Channell) wrote:

> ORIGINALLY the number of different marshmallows in Lucky CHarms

Yow. This is a peach of a trivia question all by itself.

I remember yellow moons, green clovers, orange stars, blue diamonds...
(I *think* that's what they were, it's been a while...)

What was the fifth color/shape, *originally*? When/why was it dropped?
For that matter, when did the light brown M&Ms go away?

--
Jeff Morgan - mailto:mor...@parsec.com
Here come ol' flattop, he come groovin' up slowly.

David P. Hagan

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

mor...@parsec.com wrote:
: In article <5e233g$6...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>,
: chan...@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Glenn Channell) wrote:

: > ORIGINALLY the number of different marshmallows in Lucky CHarms

: I remember yellow moons, green clovers, orange stars, blue diamonds...

: (I *think* that's what they were, it's been a while...)

: What was the fifth color/shape, *originally*? When/why was it dropped?
: For that matter, when did the light brown M&Ms go away?

Pink Hearts, Lt. Brown M&Ms went away because I didn't like them :)
I guess they figures with Red and Blue, they didn't need Lt. Brown
anymore.

Kurt Bray

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

Rpashn01 (rpas...@aol.com) wrote:
: My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
: things that come in fives.
: 1. Basketball players
: 2. fingers
: 3 senses
: 4. points on a star

Lines in a limerick.

Glenn Channell

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

mor...@parsec.com writes:

>In article <5e233g$6...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>,
> chan...@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Glenn Channell) wrote:

>> ORIGINALLY the number of different marshmallows in Lucky CHarms

>Yow. This is a peach of a trivia question all by itself.

>I remember yellow moons, green clovers, orange stars, blue diamonds...

>(I *think* that's what they were, it's been a while...)

>What was the fifth color/shape, *originally*? When/why was it dropped?
>For that matter, when did the light brown M&Ms go away?

>--

>Jeff Morgan - mailto:mor...@parsec.com
>Here come ol' flattop, he come groovin' up slowly.

PINK HEARTS, YELLOW MOONS, ORANGE STARS, GREEN CLOVERS, and
BLUE DIAMONDS were the 5 original marshmallows. They haven't dropped
any of those, but they have at various times, added:

Purple Horseshoes
2-color green hats
Red balloons
Rainbows

etc.

Glenn Channell

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

dha...@umbc.edu (David P. Hagan) writes:

>mor...@parsec.com wrote:
>: In article <5e233g$6...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>,
>: chan...@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Glenn Channell) wrote:

>: > ORIGINALLY the number of different marshmallows in Lucky CHarms

>: I remember yellow moons, green clovers, orange stars, blue diamonds...

>: (I *think* that's what they were, it's been a while...)

>: What was the fifth color/shape, *originally*? When/why was it dropped?
>: For that matter, when did the light brown M&Ms go away?

>Pink Hearts, Lt. Brown M&Ms went away because I didn't like them :)
>I guess they figures with Red and Blue, they didn't need Lt. Brown
>anymore.

The light brown (tan?) M&M's went away a year or two ago when
they added blue. Remember they held the campaign to vote for the new
color (Blue, Purple, Pink)? That new color replaced light brown.

Koko

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997 14:02:45 -0600, mor...@parsec.com wrote:

>What was the fifth color/shape, *originally*? When/why was it dropped?
>For that matter, when did the light brown M&Ms go away?

Pink hearts.
On the light brown M&M's, I think Van Halen had them all destroyed.
Just kidding ! :-)

OJs a liar

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

: My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
: things that come in fives.
: 1. Basketball players
: 2. fingers
: 3 senses
: 4. points on a star

# of pins in five pin bowling (duh)
--OJs a liar

Rob Holmes

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

I just got back from New Zealand, and they still have the light brown
M&Ms there...but they don't have the blue ones. Also, M&Ms come in numerous
colors. There is a bulk candy store here in Madison that has at least 50
different colors.

Rob

wardanj...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2015, 3:26:30 PM1/10/15
high fives
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

carmoma...@galerialogo.com

Aug 25, 2015, 8:15:56 PM8/25/15
points on a star
finguers on a hand

savann...@winfield.k12.al.us

Nov 30, 2015, 11:52:57 AM11/30/15
On Tuesday, February 11, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Rpashn01 wrote:
> My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
> things that come in fives.
> 1. Basketball players
> 2. fingers
> 3 senses
> 4. points on a star

thanks for your help

kara...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2016, 4:18:04 PM11/1/16

pierr...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2016, 7:10:17 PM11/29/16
Great help! Now I can write this down on my homework assignment!

fred.b...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2018, 4:16:10 PM4/18/18
On Tuesday, February 11, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Rpashn01 wrote:
> My son had a home work assignment from school to write down as many
> things that come in fives.
> 1. Basketball players
> 2. fingers
> 3 senses