Calvin's Quiz #560

Calvin

Apr 23, 2019, 7:27:03 PM4/23/19

1 Which instrument is played by the leader of an orchestra?
2 What colour is the artificial surface that the Australian Open tennis tournament has used 2008?
3 In fashion, accordion, box, cartridge and honeycomb are varieties of what?
4 Which Irish satirist's works include "The Rivals" (1775), and "The School for Scandal" (1777)?
5 Nicknamed the 'Cowboy Capital of The World', Dodge City is located in which US state?
6 Which 2015 Pixar film features Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness?
7 Most NFL games are played on which day of the week?
8 What rate of GST is charged in New Zealand?
9 Which Canadian city hosts the world's largest rodeo?
10 Who was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on 4th April 1968?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Apr 23, 2019, 8:04:07 PM4/23/19
Calvin:
> 1 Which instrument is played by the leader of an orchestra?

Violin.

> 2 What colour is the artificial surface that the Australian Open
> tennis tournament has used 2008?

Green?

> 3 In fashion, accordion, box, cartridge and honeycomb are
> varieties of what?

Hat?

> 4 Which Irish satirist's works include "The Rivals" (1775), and
> "The School for Scandal" (1777)?

Sheridan.

> 5 Nicknamed the 'Cowboy Capital of The World', Dodge City is
> located in which US state?

Kansas.

> 6 Which 2015 Pixar film features Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness?
> 7 Most NFL games are played on which day of the week?

Sunday.

> 8 What rate of GST is charged in New Zealand?

20%?

> 9 Which Canadian city hosts the world's largest rodeo?

Calgary.

> 10 Who was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on 4th
> April 1968?

Slain Civil Rights Leader Martin Luther King, Jr.
[Apparently this is the shortest form of his name. :-)]
--
Mark Brader | "Design an idiot-proof system, and the universe
Toronto | will spontaneously evolve a higher grade of idiot

Dan Blum

Apr 23, 2019, 9:13:57 PM4/23/19
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Which instrument is played by the leader of an orchestra?

violin

> 2 What colour is the artificial surface that the Australian Open tennis tournament has used 2008?

grey

> 3 In fashion, accordion, box, cartridge and honeycomb are varieties of what?

skirts

> 4 Which Irish satirist's works include "The Rivals" (1775), and "The School for Scandal" (1777)?

Sheridan

> 5 Nicknamed the 'Cowboy Capital of The World', Dodge City is located in which US state?

Kansas

> 6 Which 2015 Pixar film features Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness?

Inside Out

> 7 Most NFL games are played on which day of the week?

Monday

> 9 Which Canadian city hosts the world's largest rodeo?

Calgary

> 10 Who was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on 4th April 1968?

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Erland Sommarskog

Apr 24, 2019, 3:27:51 AM4/24/19
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Which instrument is played by the leader of an orchestra?

First violin

> 2 What colour is the artificial surface that the Australian Open
> tennis tournament has used 2008?

Blue?

> 5 Nicknamed the 'Cowboy Capital of The World', Dodge City is located
> in which US state?

Texas

> 6 Which 2015 Pixar film features Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and
> Sadness?

Madagascar

> 7 Most NFL games are played on which day of the week?

Saturday

> 8 What rate of GST is charged in New Zealand?

I've been to New Zealand, but did they charge me any GST? In that
case I don't recall the rate. (And what is GST? It is the same thing
as 1080, is it?)

> 9 Which Canadian city hosts the world's largest rodeo?

Calgary

> 10 Who was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on 4th
> April 1968?

Martin Luther King Jr

Pete Gayde

Apr 26, 2019, 11:58:53 PM4/26/19
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which instrument is played by the leader of an orchestra?

Violin

> 2 What colour is the artificial surface that the Australian Open
> tennis tournament has used 2008?

Green

> 3 In fashion, accordion, box,
> cartridge and honeycomb are varieties of what?

Hats

> 4 Which Irish
> satirist's works include "The Rivals" (1775), and "The School for
> Scandal" (1777)?

Swift

> 5 Nicknamed the 'Cowboy Capital of The World',
> Dodge City is located in which US state?

Kansas

> 6 Which 2015 Pixar film
> features Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness?
> 7 Most NFL games are played on which day of the week?

Sunday

> 8 What rate of GST is charged in New Zealand?

10 percent

> 9 Which Canadian city hosts the world's largest rodeo?

Calgary

> 10 Who was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on
> 4th April 1968?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

> cheers,
> calvin

Calvin

May 1, 2019, 12:29:42 AM5/1/19
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:27:03 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which instrument is played by the leader of an orchestra?

[First] Violin

> 2 What colour is the artificial surface that the Australian Open tennis tournament has used 2008?

Blue
Singleton for Erland

> 3 In fashion, accordion, box, cartridge and honeycomb are varieties of what?

Pleat specifically but I'll accept skirt
Singleton for Dan

> 4 Which Irish satirist's works include "The Rivals" (1775), and "The School for Scandal" (1777)?

Richard Sheridan

> 5 Nicknamed the 'Cowboy Capital of The World', Dodge City is located in which US state?

Kansas

> 6 Which 2015 Pixar film features Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness?

Inside Out

> 7 Most NFL games are played on which day of the week?

Sunday

> 8 What rate of GST is charged in New Zealand?

20%

> 9 Which Canadian city hosts the world's largest rodeo?

Calgary

> 10 Who was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on 4th April 1968?

Martin Luther King Jr

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 560
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 7 20 Dan Blum
1 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 6 19 Pete Gayde
1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 6 19 Mark Brader
1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 4 13 Erland S
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
4 1 1 2 3 2 2 0 4 4 23 58%

Congratulations Dan B.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

May 1, 2019, 1:03:35 AM5/1/19
"Calvin":
> 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 6 19 Mark Brader

When one of my wild guesses is correct, I'd like to have the point
for it, please.
--
Mark Brader | "I mean, you know, that... that's *possible*,
Toronto | if you want to use *logical thinking*..."

Calvin

May 1, 2019, 1:34:48 AM5/1/19
On Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 3:03:35 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:
> "Calvin":
> > 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 6 19 Mark Brader
>
> When one of my wild guesses is correct, I'd like to have the point
> for it, please.

My bad. NZ's GST is 15% (not 20% as I misquoted) but I marked the entries correctly.

https://www.classic.ird.govt.nz/gst/gst-registering/gst-about/

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

May 1, 2019, 3:20:19 AM5/1/19
Mark Brader:
> > When one of my wild guesses is correct, I'd like to have the point
> > for it, please.

"Calvin":
> My bad. NZ's GST is 15% (not 20% as I misquoted) but I marked the
> entries correctly.

Oh.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "There is no Planet B."
m...@vex.net -- Emmanuel Macron