Calvin's Quiz #175

Calvin

Nov 2, 2011, 8:30:02 PM11/2/11
Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.

1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?
2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?
3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?
4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?
5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state
6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?
7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?
8 What was the scarlet letter?
9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?
10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

--
cheers,
calvin

Rob Parker

Nov 2, 2011, 9:55:21 PM11/2/11
> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

white

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campbell's

> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

no idea

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Vietnamese

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii

> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

Baby (?)

> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

1970s

> 8 What was the scarlet letter?

a novel

> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Romanian

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan (?)

Rob

swp

Nov 2, 2011, 10:00:51 PM11/2/11
On Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:30:02 PM UTC-4, Calvin wrote:
> Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
> news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.

use a tissue, and don't give it to the rest of us...

> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

white

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

cambell's (of camden, nj)

> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

a volleyball

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

vietnam

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

hawaii

> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

ginger spice?

> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

1970s

> 8 What was the scarlet letter?

a for adultery

> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

romanian

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

manhatten

swp

Marc Dashevsky

Nov 2, 2011, 10:37:07 PM11/2/11
In article <9953655a-a3be-4cab...@g27g2000pro.googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com
says...
> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?
white

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?
Campbell's

> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?
Tom Hanks

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?
Vietnam

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state
Hawaii

> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?
Ginger

> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?
> 8 What was the scarlet letter?

> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?
Czechoslovakian

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?
Manhattan

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Joshua Kreitzer

Nov 2, 2011, 11:02:49 PM11/2/11
On Nov 2, 7:30 pm, Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1       What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

white

> 2       Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campbell's

> 3       In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

a volleyball

> 4       The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Vietnam War

> 5       The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii

> 6       What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

Ginger Spice

> 7       The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

1970s

> 8       What was the scarlet letter?

> 9       What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Romanian

> 10      Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Dan Tilque

Nov 3, 2011, 3:12:12 AM11/3/11
Calvin wrote:
> Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
> news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.

I haven't seen the answers to Quiz #174, no doubt for the same reason.

> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

white

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campbell's

> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

a volleyball

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Vietnam

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii

> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

Sporty

> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

2010's

> 8 What was the scarlet letter?

A (for adultery)

> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Romanian

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan

--
Dan Tilque

Erland Sommarskog

Nov 3, 2011, 3:40:36 AM11/3/11
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

White

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campell

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

World War I

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

California

> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Roumania

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan

David B

Nov 3, 2011, 8:08:23 AM11/3/11
> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

White

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campbell's

> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

A Ball

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Vietnam

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii

> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

Ginger Spice

> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

1970s

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan

Pete

Nov 3, 2011, 9:24:21 AM11/3/11
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
> news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.
>
> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

White

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campbell's

> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character
> Wilson?

Volleyball (FYI, it's "Cast Away")

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Vietnam

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii

> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

Sporty

> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

1960s

> 8 What was the scarlet letter?

> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Romanian

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan

> --
> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Russ

Nov 3, 2011, 12:31:52 PM11/3/11
On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 17:30:02 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
>news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.
>
>1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

White

>2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campbell's

>3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

A Volleyball

>4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Viet Nam

>5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii

>6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

Ginger

>7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

1970's

>8 What was the scarlet letter?

An "A", that was worn by a woman that committed adultery.

>9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Romanian

>10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan

Russ

(Can you repost the answers from Quiz 174? They never showed up
on my server (Forte Agent access).

Jeffrey Turner

Nov 4, 2011, 12:03:56 AM11/4/11
On 11/2/2011 8:30 PM, Calvin wrote:
> Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
> news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.
>
> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?
White
> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?
Campbell's
> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?
> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?
Vietnam
> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state
Hawaii
> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?
> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?
> 8 What was the scarlet letter?
> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?
Romanian
> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?
Manhattan

--Jeff

Peter Smyth

Nov 4, 2011, 4:32:57 AM11/4/11
"Calvin" wrote in message

>Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
>news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.
>
>1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?
White
>2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?
Campbells
>3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?
>4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?
Vietnam
>5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state
California
>6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?
Ginger Spice
>7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?
1970s
>8 What was the scarlet letter?
>9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?
Romanian
>10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?
Manhattan

Peter Smyth

Joachim Parsch

Nov 4, 2011, 3:40:54 PM11/4/11
Am 03.11.2011 01:30, schrieb Calvin:
> Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
> news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.
>
> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

White.

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?
> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

A volleyball.

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Vietnam.

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii.

> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?
> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?
> 8 What was the scarlet letter?
> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Romanian.

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan?

Joachim

Calvin

Nov 6, 2011, 7:41:58 PM11/6/11
On Nov 3, 10:30 am, Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
> news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.

Still posting via GG. Apologies if anyone's entry didn't get marked
due to my server issues.

> 1       What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

White
12/12

> 2       Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campbell's
11/12

> 3       In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

A Volleyball. I accepted "ball" as well.
7/12
And it was indeed titled "Cast Away".

> 4       The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Vietnam
11/12

> 5       The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii
10/12

> 6       What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

Ginger Spice
7/12

> 7       The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

1970s
6/12

> 8       What was the scarlet letter?

A [for Adultery]
7/12
Not accepting a novel as the "title" was not capitalised (and I'm not
Sephen)

> 9       What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Romanian
10/12

> 10      Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan
12/12

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL Quiz 175
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 8 Dan Tilque
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 8 David Brown
1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 4 Erland S
1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 7 Jeffrey Turner
1 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 6 Joachim Parsch
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 Joshua Kreitzer
1 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 1 7 Marc Dashevsky
1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 9 Pete Gayde
1 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 7 Peter Smyth
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 7 Rob Parker
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 Russ
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 Stephen Perry
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
12 11 7 11 10 7 6 7 10 12 93 78%

Congratulations to Joshua, Russ and Stephen. This is the first time
the last two names have both done the same quiz, dashing my conspiracy
theory.

--
cheers,
calvin

swp

Nov 8, 2011, 6:28:31 PM11/8/11
On Sunday, November 6, 2011 7:41:58 PM UTC-5, Calvin wrote:
> On Nov 3, 10:30 am, Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
> > news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.
>
> Still posting via GG. Apologies if anyone's entry didn't get marked
> due to my server issues.

one of us. one of us. one of us. ...

> > 8       What was the scarlet letter?
>
> A [for Adultery]
> 7/12
> Not accepting a novel as the "title" was not capitalised (and I'm not
> Sephen)

neither am I

> Congratulations to Joshua, Russ and Stephen. This is the first time
> the last two names have both done the same quiz, dashing my conspiracy
> theory.

or proving that I have a job with a different ip address than the one I have at home.

or that I moved and am now the proud owner of 37 Radcliff Drive in the lovely town of Doylestown in the keystone state.

swp

Calvin

Nov 10, 2011, 8:56:48 PM11/10/11
On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 09:28:31 +1000, swp <Stephen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, November 6, 2011 7:41:58 PM UTC-5, Calvin wrote:

>> Congratulations to Joshua, Russ and Stephen. This is the first time
>> the last two names have both done the same quiz, dashing my conspiracy
>> theory.
>
> or proving that I have a job with a different ip address than the one I
> have at home.

Egad! The conspiracy is more villainous than I had imagined.

> or that I moved and am now the proud owner of 37 Radcliff Drive in the
> lovely town of Doylestown in the keystone state.

Congratulations. I have updated its Wikipedia page, including you as a
Prominent Resident.

--
cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Nov 15, 2011, 7:50:46 PM11/15/11
"Calvin":
> Mark's problems appear to be contagious. I've posted this twice via my
> news server for no responses so am trying via Google groups.

A late entry for fun:

> 1 What colour is the cross on the Swiss flag?

White.

> 2 Which brand of canned soup tins were painted by Andy Warhol?

Campbell's.

> 3 In the 2000 movie Castaway, what object played the character Wilson?

A volleyball.

> 4 The 1986 film Platoon was set during which war?

Vietnam.

> 5 The TV show Magnum PI was set in which American state

Hawaii.

> 6 What was the nickname of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell?

Ginger.

> 7 The British TV series Life on Mars was set in which decade?

1970s?

> 8 What was the scarlet letter?

A.

> 9 What nationality was tennis player Ilie Nastase?

Yugoslavian.

> 10 Wall Street is located in which New York borough?

Manhattan.
--
Mark Brader "This must be a serious issue!
Toronto It's spawned a new interjection!"

Calvin

Nov 15, 2011, 8:02:13 PM11/15/11
9/10. Nastase is Romanian.

--