Calvin's Quiz #428

Calvin

Feb 25, 2016, 8:19:21 PM2/25/16
1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record in which athletic event?
2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character called David Addison in which 1980s US TV series?
3 Sharing its name with a bird, what is India's best-selling brand of beer?
4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with 'Making Your Mind Up'?
5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour Party?
6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals in which athletic event?
7 Which French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of England following an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?
8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?
9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the war situation has developed not necessarily to [country's name] advantage'?
10 The 2002 jukebox musical "Movin' Out" concerns youths growing up on Long Island in the 1960s and features the songs of which American singer-songwriter?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Feb 25, 2016, 8:53:26 PM2/25/16
"Calvin":
> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world
> record in which athletic event?
> 2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character called David Addison in
> which 1980s US TV series?

"Moonlighting".

> 3 Sharing its name with a bird, what is India's best-selling
> brand of beer?
> 4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981
> with 'Making Your Mind Up'?
> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour Party?
> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals
> in which athletic event?
> 7 Which French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of
> England following an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?
> 8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?

Initial public offering.

> 9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that
> 'the war situation has developed not necessarily to [country's
> name] advantage'?

Emperor Hirohito.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto, m...@vex.net
#define MSB(type) (~(((unsigned type)-1)>>1))

Joe

Feb 26, 2016, 1:09:35 AM2/26/16
On 2016-02-26 01:19:20 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record in
> which athletic event?

Triple Jump

> 2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character called David Addison in which
> 1980s US TV series?

Moonlighting

> 3 Sharing its name with a bird, what is India's best-selling brand of beer?

Kestrel

> 4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with
> 'Making Your Mind Up'?

Bucks Fizz

> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour Party?

Jeremy Corbyn

> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals in which
> athletic event?

Javelin

> 7 Which French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of England
> following an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?

Simon de Montfort

> 8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?
> 9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the war
> situation has developed not necessarily to [country's name] advantage'?

Churchill

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Erland Sommarskog

Feb 26, 2016, 3:18:37 AM2/26/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record
> in which athletic event?

Threestep, or whatever it may be called in English.

> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour
> Party?

Jeremy Clark

> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals in
> which athletic event?

400 m

> 8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?

Introductory Public Offer

> 9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the
> war situation has developed not necessarily to [country's name]
> advantage'?

Emperor Hirohito

Björn Lundin

Feb 26, 2016, 9:30:25 AM2/26/16
On 2016-02-26 02:19, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record in which athletic event?

Tri-step? (A bit uncertain of the name, but where you take three steps
starting on the board and then make a longjump)

> 2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character called David Addison in which 1980s US TV series?
> 3 Sharing its name with a bird, what is India's best-selling brand of beer?
pea cock?

> 4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with 'Making Your Mind Up'?
Bucks Fizz
> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour Party?
Corbyn

> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals in which athletic event?
> 7 Which French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of England following an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?
> 8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?
Intellectual Property Ownership
> 9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the war situation has developed not necessarily to [country's name] advantage'?
> 10 The 2002 jukebox musical "Movin' Out" concerns youths growing up on Long Island in the 1960s and features the songs of which American singer-songwriter?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Peter Smyth

Feb 26, 2016, 1:33:58 PM2/26/16
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record
> in which athletic event?
Triple Jump
> 2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character called David Addison in which
> 1980s US TV series?
>
> 3 Sharing its name with a bird, what is India's best-selling brand
> of beer?
Kingfisher
> 4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with
> 'Making Your Mind Up'?
Bucks Fizz
> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour
> Party?
Jeremy Corbyn
> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals in
> which athletic event?
Shot Put
> 7 Which French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of England
> following an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?
Stephen of Blois
> 8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?
Initial Public Offering
> 9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the
> war situation has developed not necessarily to [country's name]
> advantage'?
Emperor Hirohito
> 10 The 2002 jukebox musical "Movin' Out" concerns youths growing up
> on Long Island in the 1960s and features the songs of which American
> singer-songwriter?

Peter Smyth

Pete

Feb 26, 2016, 5:03:15 PM2/26/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record
> in which athletic event?

Decathlon

> 2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character
> called David Addison in which 1980s US TV series?

Moonlighting

> 3 Sharing its
> name with a bird, what is India's best-selling brand of beer?

Kingfisher

> 4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with
> 'Making Your Mind Up'?
> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader
> of the British Labour Party?
> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won
> two Olympic gold medals in which athletic event?

Archery

> 7 Which
> French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of England following
> an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?
> 8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?

Initial Public Offering

> 9 Which leader's 1945
> understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the war situation has
> developed not necessarily to [country's name] advantage'?

Stalin

> 10 The
> 2002 jukebox musical "Movin' Out" concerns youths growing up on Long
> Island in the 1960s and features the songs of which American
> singer-songwriter?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Gareth Owen

Feb 27, 2016, 1:38:13 AM2/27/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record in
> which athletic event?

Triple Jump

> 2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character called David Addison in which
> 1980s US TV series?

Moonlighting

> 3 Sharing its name with a bird, what is India's best-selling brand of
> beer?

Kingfisher

> 4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with
> Making Your Mind Up'?

Bucks Fizz

> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour
> Party?

Jeremy Corbyn

> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals in which
> athletic event?

Shot putt

> 7 Which French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of England
> following an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?

Simon de Montfort?

> 8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?

Initial public offering

> 9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the war
> situation has developed not necessarily to [country's name]
> advantage'?

Hirohito

> 10 The 2002 jukebox musical "Movin' Out" concerns youths growing up on
> Long Island in the 1960s and features the songs of which American
> singer-songwriter?

Billy Joel

Marc Dashevsky

Feb 29, 2016, 12:36:33 AM2/29/16
In article <cdf49b08-63cc-4a4f...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record in which athletic event?
> 2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character called David Addison in which 1980s US TV series?
Moonlighting

> 3 Sharing its name with a bird, what is India's best-selling brand of beer?
Kingfisher

> 4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with 'Making Your Mind Up'?
> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour Party?
> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals in which athletic event?
> 7 Which French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of England following an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?
> 8 What does the business-related acronym IPO stand for?
Initial Public Offering

> 9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the war situation has developed not necessarily to [country's name] advantage'?
Hirohito

> 10 The 2002 jukebox musical "Movin' Out" concerns youths growing up on Long Island in the 1960s and features the songs of which American singer-songwriter?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Calvin

Mar 3, 2016, 10:33:57 PM3/3/16
On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 11:19:21 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Since 1995, Britain's Jonathan Edwards has held the world record in which athletic event?

Triple Jump

> 2 Bruce Willis portrayed a character called David Addison in which 1980s US TV series?

Moonlighting

> 3 Sharing its name with a bird, what is India's best-selling brand of beer?

Kingfisher

> 4 Which British band won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with 'Making Your Mind Up'?

Buck's Fizz

> 5 In September 2015 who was elected leader of the British Labour Party?

Jeremy Corbyn

> 6 New Zealand's Valerie Adams has won two Olympic gold medals in which athletic event?

Shot Put

> 7 Which French-born nobleman was briefly de-facto ruler of England following an 1264 revolt against King Henry III?

Simon de Montford / Earl of Leicester

> 8 What does
the business-related acronym IPO stand for?

Initial Public Offering

> 9 Which leader's 1945 understated assessment of WW2 was that 'the war situation has developed not necessarily to [country's name] advantage'?

Emperor Hirohito

> 10 The 2002 jukebox musical "Movin' Out" concerns youths growing up on Long Island in the 1960s and features the songs of which American singer-songwriter?

Billy Joel
Singleton to Gareth

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 428
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 38 Gareth Owen
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 7 30 Peter Smyth
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 5 20 Joe
0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 4 20 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 13 Bjorn Lundin
0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 15 Pete Gayde
0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 3 16 Mark Brader
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 3 16 Erland S
5 5 4 4 4 2 2 6 5 1 38 48%

Congratulations Gareth on a Perry-esque performance in a tough set.

cheers,
calvin