Calvin's Quiz #590

Calvin

Feb 23, 2020, 9:18:52 PM2/23/20

1 In 1962, who became the first woman to own and run a major television studio in the USA?
2 Which city is home to Rynek Glowny, the largest medieval town square in Europe, and is served by John Paul II International Airport?
3 Kenny Dalglish represented which country in football (soccer)?
4 The highest active volcano in Europe at over 3,000 metres tall, Mount Etna is situated on which Italian island?
5 The official colours of which American university located near South Bend, Indiana are Madonna Blue and Papal Gold?
6 Which author penned the 1930s novels Of Mice and Men and East Of Eden?
7 The 1990-91 Gulf War was precipitated by Iraq's invasion of which country?
8 Edward, the Black Prince, considered one of the finest commanders of the Hundred Years War, was the son of which king of England?
9 The Sorento and Sportage models are produced by which car manufacturer?
10 Which cycling event requires a derny?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Blum

Feb 23, 2020, 10:58:04 PM2/23/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 In 1962, who became the first woman to own and run a major television studio in the USA?

Lucille Ball

> 2 Which city is home to Rynek Glowny, the largest medieval town square in Europe, and is served by John Paul II International Airport?

Krakow

> 3 Kenny Dalglish represented which country in football (soccer)?

Scotland

> 4 The highest active volcano in Europe at over 3,000 metres tall, Mount Etna is situated on which Italian island?

Sicily

> 5 The official colours of which American university located near South Bend, Indiana are Madonna Blue and Papal Gold?

Notre Dame

> 6 Which author penned the 1930s novels Of Mice and Men and East Of Eden?

John Steinbeck

> 7 The 1990-91 Gulf War was precipitated by Iraq's invasion of which country?

Kuwait

> 8 Edward, the Black Prince, considered one of the finest commanders of the Hundred Years War, was the son of which king of England?

Edward III

> 9 The Sorento and Sportage models are produced by which car manufacturer?

Kia

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

Feb 23, 2020, 11:55:19 PM2/23/20
"Calvin":
> 1 In 1962, who became the first woman to own and run a major
> television studio in the USA?

Ball.

> 2 Which city is home to Rynek Glowny, the largest medieval town
> square in Europe, and is served by John Paul II International
> Airport?

Warsaw, I suppose.

> 3 Kenny Dalglish represented which country in football (soccer)?

Scotland?

> 4 The highest active volcano in Europe at over 3,000 metres
> tall, Mount Etna is situated on which Italian island?

Sicily.

> 5 The official colours of which American university located near
> South Bend, Indiana are Madonna Blue and Papal Gold?

Notre Dame. Also the home of a mural nicknamed "touchdown Jesus".

> 6 Which author penned the 1930s novels Of Mice and Men and East Of Eden?

Steinbeck.

> 7 The 1990-91 Gulf War was precipitated by Iraq's invasion of
> which country?

Kuwait.

> 8 Edward, the Black Prince, considered one of the finest
> commanders of the Hundred Years War, was the son of which king
> of England?

Henry IV?

> 9 The Sorento and Sportage models are produced by which car
> manufacturer?

Kia.

> 10 Which cycling event requires a derny?

Never heard of it. I'll say sprint.
--
Mark Brader "It is hard to believe that any Biblical passage,
Toronto no matter how powerful, could make an entire

Dan Tilque

Feb 24, 2020, 8:09:55 AM2/24/20
On 2/23/20 6:18 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 In 1962, who became the first woman to own and run a major television studio in the USA?

Lucille Ball

> 2 Which city is home to Rynek Glowny, the largest medieval town square in Europe, and is served by John Paul II International Airport?

Krakow

> 3 Kenny Dalglish represented which country in football (soccer)?
> 4 The highest active volcano in Europe at over 3,000 metres tall, Mount Etna is situated on which Italian island?

Sicily

> 5 The official colours of which American university located near South Bend, Indiana are Madonna Blue and Papal Gold?

Notre Dame

> 6 Which author penned the 1930s novels Of Mice and Men and East Of Eden?

Steinbeck

> 7 The 1990-91 Gulf War was precipitated by Iraq's invasion of which country?

Kuwait

> 8 Edward, the Black Prince, considered one of the finest commanders of the Hundred Years War, was the son of which king of England?

Richard II

> 9 The Sorento and Sportage models are produced by which car manufacturer?
> 10 Which cycling event requires a derny?

--
Dan Tilque

Joe Masters

Feb 24, 2020, 12:31:44 PM2/24/20
On 2020-02-24 02:18:51 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 In 1962, who became the first woman to own and run a major television
> studio in the USA?

Mary Tyler Moore

> 2 Which city is home to Rynek Glowny, the largest medieval town square
> in Europe, and is served by John Paul II International Airport?

Warsaw

> 3 Kenny Dalglish represented which country in football (soccer)?

Scotland

> 4 The highest active volcano in Europe at over 3,000 metres tall, Mount
> Etna is situated on which Italian island?

Sicily

> 5 The official colours of which American university located near South
> Bend, Indiana are Madonna Blue and Papal Gold?
> 6 Which author penned the 1930s novels Of Mice and Men and East Of Eden?

John Steinbeck

> 7 The 1990-91 Gulf War was precipitated by Iraq's invasion of which country?

Kuwait

> 8 Edward, the Black Prince, considered one of the finest commanders of
> the Hundred Years War, was the son of which king of England?

Edward III

> 9 The Sorento and Sportage models are produced by which car manufacturer?

Kia (My boss has one)

> 10 Which cycling event requires a derny?

Pursuit

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Pete Gayde

Feb 24, 2020, 3:12:14 PM2/24/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 In 1962, who became the first woman to own and run a major
> television studio in the USA?

Lucille Ball

> 2 Which city is home to Rynek
> Glowny, the largest medieval town square in Europe, and is served by
> John Paul II International Airport?

Cracow

> 3 Kenny Dalglish represented
> which country in football (soccer)?

Scotland

> 4 The highest active volcano
> in Europe at over 3,000 metres tall, Mount Etna is situated on which
> Italian island?

Sicily

> 5 The official colours of which American
> university located near South Bend, Indiana are Madonna Blue and Papal
> Gold?

Notre Dame

> 6 Which author penned the 1930s novels Of Mice and Men and
> East Of Eden?

Steinbeck

> 7 The 1990-91 Gulf War was precipitated by Iraq's
> invasion of which country?

Kuwait

> 8 Edward, the Black Prince, considered
> one of the finest commanders of the Hundred Years War, was the son of
> which king of England?

Henry VI

> 9 The Sorento and Sportage models are
> produced by which car manufacturer?

Kia

> 10 Which cycling event requires a derny?

Pursuit

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Erland Sommarskog

Feb 24, 2020, 5:05:44 PM2/24/20
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 2 Which city is home to Rynek Glowny, the largest medieval town
> square in Europe, and is served by John Paul II International Airport?

Kraków

> 3 Kenny Dalglish represented which country in football (soccer)?

Scotland

> 4 The highest active volcano in Europe at over 3,000 metres tall,
> Mount Etna is situated on which Italian island?

Sicily

> 7 The 1990-91 Gulf War was precipitated by Iraq's invasion of which
> country?

Kwueit

> 8 Edward, the Black Prince, considered one of the finest commanders
> of the Hundred Years War, was the son of which king of England?

Richard III

> 9 The Sorento and Sportage models are produced by which car
> manufacturer?

Alfa Romeo

> 10 Which cycling event requires a derny?

Velodrome

Calvin

Mar 3, 2020, 10:13:14 PM3/3/20
On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 12:18:52 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 In 1962, who became the first woman to own and run a major television studio in the USA?

Lucille Ball

> 2 Which city is home to Rynek Glowny, the largest medieval town square in Europe, and is served by John Paul II International Airport?

Krakow

> 3 Kenny Dalglish represented which country in football (soccer)?

Scotland

> 4 The highest active volcano in Europe at over 3,000 metres tall, Mount Etna is situated on which Italian island?

Sicily

> 5 The official colours of which American university located near South Bend, Indiana are Madonna Blue and Papal Gold?

Notre Dame

> 6 Which author penned the 1930s novels Of Mice and Men and East Of Eden?

John Steinbeck

> 7 The 1990-91 Gulf War was precipitated by Iraq's invasion of which country?

Kuwait

> 8 Edward, the Black Prince, considered one of the finest commanders of the Hundred Years War, was the son of which king of England?

Edward III

> 9 The Sorento and Sportage models are produced by which car manufacturer?

Kia

> 10 Which cycling event requires a derny?

Keiren
No-one got this. The derny is the pacer motorbike used in this [originally] Japanese track cycling event.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirin

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 590
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 40 Dan Blum
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 8 38 Pete Gayde
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 7 34 Mark Brader
0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 6 28 Joe Masters