Calvin's Quiz #533

Calvin

Aug 27, 2018, 12:15:47 AM8/27/18

1 What culinary term refers to small hamburgers, typically served 2 or 3 at a time?
2 Which video game franchise features story arcs including 'Infinite Warfare' and 'Black Ops'?
3 Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich made 179 appearances for which (then) EPL soccer club?
4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor married actress Julia Roberts In 1993?
5 Because it is produced by the body, which vitamin is also classified as a hormone?
6 What is the chemical formula for Buckminsterfullerene?
7 Which human body part (yes, really) is traditionally an ingredient in a cocktail in Dawson City, Yukon?
8 Also called a 'serial comma', what is the name of the optional comma sometimes placed after the penultimate item in a list, but before the 'and'?
9 Name either of the birds Noah sent forth in Genesis 8:7-12.
10 Which singer (1894-1937) is remembered as the 'Empress of the Blues'?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Aug 27, 2018, 1:15:19 AM8/27/18
"Calvin":
> 1 What culinary term refers to small hamburgers, typically
> served 2 or 3 at a time?

Sliders.

> 2 Which video game franchise features story arcs including
> 'Infinite Warfare' and 'Black Ops'?

"Call of Duty"?

> 3 Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich made 179 appearances for
> which (then) EPL soccer club?

Brisbane?

> 4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor married
> actress Julia Roberts In 1993?

Hmm. I think his initials may be R.B. I'll say "Brown".

> 5 Because it is produced by the body, which vitamin is also
> classified as a hormone?

E?

> 6 What is the chemical formula for Buckminsterfullerene?

C60.

> 7 Which human body part (yes, really) is traditionally an
> ingredient in a cocktail in Dawson City, Yukon?

Toe.

> 8 Also called a 'serial comma', what is the name of the optional
> comma sometimes placed after the penultimate item in a list, but
> before the 'and'?

It's named the serial comma, dammit, and it's ordinary language,
not some exotic "Oxford" or "Harvard" comma.

> 9 Name either of the birds Noah sent forth in Genesis 8:7-12.

Dove.

> 10 Which singer (1894-1937) is remembered as the 'Empress of the Blues'?

Bessie Smith?
--
Mark Brader | "How, you may ask, did the mind of man ever excogitate
Toronto | anything so false and foolish? The answer is that the

Peter Smyth

Aug 27, 2018, 5:01:50 AM8/27/18
Calvin wrote:

> 1 What culinary term refers to small hamburgers, typically served 2 or 3 at a time?
> 2 Which video game franchise features story arcs including 'Infinite Warfare' and 'Black Ops'?
Call of Duty
> 3 Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich made 179 appearances for which (then) EPL soccer club?
Aston Villa
> 4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor married actress Julia Roberts In 1993?
> 5 Because it is produced by the body, which vitamin is also classified as a hormone?
> 6 What is the chemical formula for Buckminsterfullerene?
C60
> 7 Which human body part (yes, really) is traditionally an ingredient in a cocktail in Dawson City, Yukon?
Toe
> 8 Also called a 'serial comma', what is the name of the optional comma sometimes placed after the penultimate item in a list, but before the 'and'?
Oxford Comma
> 9 Name either of the birds Noah sent forth in Genesis 8:7-12.
Dove
> 10 Which singer (1894-1937) is remembered as the 'Empress of the Blues'?

Peter Smyth

Bruce Bowler

Aug 27, 2018, 9:28:50 AM8/27/18
On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 21:15:47 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What culinary term refers to small hamburgers, typically served 2
or 3
> at a time?

Sliders

> 2 Which video game franchise features story arcs including 'Infinite
> Warfare' and 'Black Ops'?
> 3 Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich made 179 appearances for which
> (then) EPL soccer club?
> 4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor married actress
> Julia Roberts In 1993?

Lyle Lovett

> 5 Because it is produced by the body, which vitamin is also
classified
> as a hormone?

> 6 What is the chemical formula for Buckminsterfullerene?

C60

> 7 Which human body part (yes, really) is traditionally an ingredient
in
> a cocktail in Dawson City, Yukon?

Toe

> 8 Also called a 'serial comma', what is the name of the optional
comma
> sometimes placed after the penultimate item in a list, but before the
> 'and'?

Oxford comma

> 9 Name either of the birds Noah sent forth in Genesis 8:7-12.

Dove

> 10 Which singer (1894-1937) is remembered as the 'Empress of the
Blues'?

Bessie Smith

Dan Blum

Aug 27, 2018, 9:56:38 AM8/27/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 What culinary term refers to small hamburgers, typically served 2 or 3 at a time?

sliders

> 2 Which video game franchise features story arcs including 'Infinite Warfare' and 'Black Ops'?

Call of Duty

> 4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor married actress Julia Roberts In 1993?

Lyle Lovett

> 5 Because it is produced by the body, which vitamin is also classified as a hormone?

Vitamin D

> 6 What is the chemical formula for Buckminsterfullerene?

C10

> 7 Which human body part (yes, really) is traditionally an ingredient in a cocktail in Dawson City, Yukon?

toe

> 8 Also called a 'serial comma', what is the name of the optional comma sometimes placed after the penultimate item in a list, but before the 'and'?

Oxfor comma

> 9 Name either of the birds Noah sent forth in Genesis 8:7-12.

dove

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Pete Gayde

Aug 27, 2018, 11:04:06 AM8/27/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 What culinary term refers to small hamburgers, typically served
> 2 or 3 at a time?

Sliders

> 2 Which video game franchise features story arcs
> including 'Infinite Warfare' and 'Black Ops'?
> 3 Australian
> goalkeeper Mark Bosnich made 179 appearances for which (then) EPL
> soccer club?

Aston Villa

> 4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor
> married actress Julia Roberts In 1993?

Lyle Lovett

> 5 Because it is produced by
> the body, which vitamin is also classified as a hormone?
> 6 What is the chemical formula for Buckminsterfullerene?
> 7 Which human body
> part (yes, really) is traditionally an ingredient in a cocktail in
> Dawson City, Yukon?

Toe

> 8 Also called a 'serial comma', what is the
> name of the optional comma sometimes placed after the penultimate item
> in a list, but before the 'and'?

Oxford comma

> 9 Name either of the birds Noah
> sent forth in Genesis 8:7-12.

Dove

> 10 Which singer (1894-1937) is
> remembered as the 'Empress of the Blues'?

Bessie Smith

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Erland Sommarskog

Aug 27, 2018, 5:01:04 PM8/27/18
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 What culinary term refers to small hamburgers, typically served 2
> or 3 at a time?

Sliders

> 2 Which video game franchise features story arcs including 'Infinite
> Warfare' and 'Black Ops'?

Grand Theft Auto

> 3 Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich made 179 appearances for which
> (then) EPL soccer club?

Everton

> 4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor married actress
> Julia Roberts In 1993?

Johnny Cash

> 5 Because it is produced by the body, which vitamin is also
> classified as a hormone?

> 7 Which human body part (yes, really) is traditionally an ingredient
> in a cocktail in Dawson City, Yukon?

Hair

Dan Tilque

Aug 28, 2018, 4:22:26 AM8/28/18
Calvin wrote:
> 1 What culinary term refers to small hamburgers, typically served 2 or 3 at a time?
> 2 Which video game franchise features story arcs including 'Infinite Warfare' and 'Black Ops'?

Call of Duty

> 3 Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich made 179 appearances for which (then) EPL soccer club?
> 4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor married actress Julia Roberts In 1993?

Glenn Campbell

> 5 Because it is produced by the body, which vitamin is also classified as a hormone?

Vitamin D

> 6 What is the chemical formula for Buckminsterfullerene?

C60

> 7 Which human body part (yes, really) is traditionally an ingredient in a cocktail in Dawson City, Yukon?

toes

> 8 Also called a 'serial comma', what is the name of the optional comma sometimes placed after the penultimate item in a list, but before the 'and'?

Oxford comma

(By the way, on legal documents (especially wills) in the US, make sure
these are always in place. There was an interpretation of a will where
some people lost considerable money because a list of heirs didn't have
one. It was a really, really stupid interpretation, but this is why we
have lawyers, unfortunately.)

> 9 Name either of the birds Noah sent forth in Genesis 8:7-12.

dove

> 10 Which singer (1894-1937) is remembered as the 'Empress of the Blues'?

--
Dan Tilque

Calvin

Sep 3, 2018, 12:20:12 AM9/3/18

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/sourtoe-cocktail

> 8 Also called a 'serial comma', what is the name of the optional comma sometimes placed after the penultimate item in a list, but before the 'and'?

Oxford [comma]
All correspondence on this question should be directed to Mark Brader, Esq.

> 9 Name either of the birds Noah sent forth in Genesis 8:7-12.

Dove or Raven

> 10 Which singer (1894-1937) is remembered as the 'Empress of the Blues'?

Bessie Smith

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 533
1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 36 Bruce Bowler
1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 7 31 Pete Gayde
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 7 33 Dan Blum
1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 7 34 Mark Brader
0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 6 28 Peter Smyth
0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 6 29 Dan Tilque
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 5 Erland S
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
5 4 2 3 3 4 6 6 6 3 42 60%

Congratulations Bruce!

cheers,
calvin

Calvin

Sep 3, 2018, 12:23:28 AM9/3/18
On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 3:15:19 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> > 4 Which American country singer-songwriter and actor married
> > actress Julia Roberts In 1993?
>
> Hmm. I think his initials may be R.B. I'll say "Brown".

You may be thinking of Bobby Brown who at one time was married to Whitney Houston.

cheers,
calvin