Calvin's Quiz #601

Calvin

May 28, 2020, 6:17:46 PM5/28/20

1 Which US vehicle company has a bulldog as its symbol?
2 Unlike hypertrophic scars which do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound, what abnormal proliferation of scar tissue extends beyond the immediate site of the trauma?
3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors, called "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in which Italian city?
4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a Bosniak), a foxhole and an unexploded land mine?
5 "A boy's best friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960 movie?
6 Which fictional character who appears in both book and film series was originally known as Sméagol?
7 Which Major League Baseball team got its nickname from its fans avoiding potentially lethal trolley cars on their way to home games?
8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?
9 In the 1913 novel and various film adaptions, Miss Jane Porter of Baltimore, Maryland marries which iconic fictional character?
10 Most commonly used on social media, what five words does the abbreviation ICYMI most commonly stand for?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Blum

May 28, 2020, 6:31:57 PM5/28/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors, called "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in which Italian city?

Florence

> 5 "A boy's best friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960 movie?

Psycho

> 6 Which fictional character who appears in both book and film series was originally known as Sm??agol?

Gollum

> 7 Which Major League Baseball team got its nickname from its fans avoiding potentially lethal trolley cars on their way to home games?

Dodgers

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

black

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

May 28, 2020, 7:14:28 PM5/28/20
"Calvin":
> 1 Which US vehicle company has a bulldog as its symbol?

Mack.

> 2 Unlike hypertrophic scars which do not grow beyond the
> boundaries of the original wound, what abnormal proliferation of
> scar tissue extends beyond the immediate site of the trauma?

Keloid?

> 3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors,
> called "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in
> which Italian city?

Florence?

> 4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film
> in 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a
> Bosniak), a foxhole and an unexploded land mine?

> 5 "A boy's best friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960 movie?

"Psycho".

> 6 Which fictional character who appears in both book and film
> series was originally known as Sméagol?

Gollum.

> 7 Which Major League Baseball team got its nickname from its fans
> avoiding potentially lethal trolley cars on their way to home
> games?

L.A. Dodgers.

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

Black.

--
Mark Brader | "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
Toronto | "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have
| -- Ray Lee (after Lewis Carroll)

swp

May 28, 2020, 8:49:40 PM5/28/20
On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 6:17:46 PM UTC-4, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which US vehicle company has a bulldog as its symbol?

mack truck

> 2 Unlike hypertrophic scars which do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound, what abnormal proliferation of scar tissue extends beyond the immediate site of the trauma?

keloid

> 3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors, called "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in which Italian city?

florence, italy

> 4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a Bosniak), a foxhole and an unexploded land mine?

no man's land

> 5 "A boy's best friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960 movie?

psycho

> 6 Which fictional character who appears in both book and film series was originally known as Sméagol?

gollum

> 7 Which Major League Baseball team got its nickname from its fans avoiding potentially lethal trolley cars on their way to home games?

dodgers

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

black

> 9 In the 1913 novel and various film adaptions, Miss Jane Porter of Baltimore, Maryland marries which iconic fictional character?

tarzan

> 10 Most commonly used on social media, what five words does the abbreviation ICYMI most commonly stand for?

in case you missed it

swp

Chris F.A. Johnson

May 28, 2020, 11:08:09 PM5/28/20
On 2020-05-28, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which US vehicle company has a bulldog as its symbol?

Mack

> 2 Unlike hypertrophic scars which do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound, what abnormal proliferation of scar tissue extends beyond the immediate site of the trauma?

hypotrophic

> 3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors, called "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in which Italian city?

Florence

> 4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a Bosniak), a foxhole and an unexploded land mine?
> 5 "A boy's best friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960 movie?

Psycho

> 6 Which fictional character who appears in both book and film series was originally known as Sm??agol?

Gollum

> 7 Which Major League Baseball team got its nickname from its fans avoiding potentially lethal trolley cars on their way to home games?

Dodgers

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

Black

> 9 In the 1913 novel and various film adaptions, Miss Jane Porter of Baltimore, Maryland marries which iconic fictional character?

Tarzan

> 10 Most commonly used on social media, what five words does the abbreviation ICYMI most commonly stand for?

In case you missed it

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com/>
=========================== Author: ===============================

Dan Tilque

May 28, 2020, 11:22:11 PM5/28/20
On 5/28/20 3:17 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which US vehicle company has a bulldog as its symbol?
> 2 Unlike hypertrophic scars which do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound, what abnormal proliferation of scar tissue extends beyond the immediate site of the trauma?
> 3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors, called "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in which Italian city?
> 4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a Bosniak), a foxhole and an unexploded land mine?
> 5 "A boy's best friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960 movie?

Psycho

> 6 Which fictional character who appears in both book and film series was originally known as Sméagol?

Gullum

> 7 Which Major League Baseball team got its nickname from its fans avoiding potentially lethal trolley cars on their way to home games?

Los Angeles Dodgers (although they acquired the name when they were in
Brooklyn)

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

black

> 9 In the 1913 novel and various film adaptions, Miss Jane Porter of Baltimore, Maryland marries which iconic fictional character?

Tarzan

> 10 Most commonly used on social media, what five words does the abbreviation ICYMI most commonly stand for?

I see you mean it

--
Dan Tilque

Bruce Bowler

May 29, 2020, 8:25:00 AM5/29/20
On Thu, 28 May 2020 15:17:45 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which US vehicle company has a bulldog as its symbol?

mack trucks

> 2 Unlike hypertrophic scars which do not grow beyond the boundaries
of
> the original wound, what abnormal proliferation of scar tissue extends
> beyond the immediate site of the trauma?

keyloid

> 3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors, called
> "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in which Italian
> city?

Florence

> 4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in
> 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a Bosniak), a
> foxhole and an unexploded land mine?
> 5 "A boy's best friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960
> movie?

psycho

> 6 Which fictional character who appears in both book and film
series was
> originally known as Sméagol?

"precious"

> 7 Which Major League Baseball team got its nickname from its fans
> avoiding potentially lethal trolley cars on their way to home games?

Dodgers

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

Black

> 9 In the 1913 novel and various film adaptions, Miss Jane Porter of
> Baltimore, Maryland marries which iconic fictional character?

Tarzan

> 10 Most commonly used on social media, what five words does the
> abbreviation ICYMI most commonly stand for?

in case you missed it

> cheers,
> calvin

Erland Sommarskog

May 29, 2020, 2:39:07 PM5/29/20
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in
> 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a Bosniak), a
> foxhole and an unexploded land mine?

No man's land

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

Black

Pete Gayde

May 30, 2020, 12:23:56 AM5/30/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which US vehicle company has a bulldog as its symbol?
> 2 Unlike hypertrophic scars which do not grow beyond the
> boundaries of the original wound, what abnormal proliferation of scar
> tissue extends beyond the immediate site of the trauma?
> 3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors, called
> "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in which Italian
> city?

Florence

> 4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language
> Film in 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a
> Bosniak), a foxhole and an unexploded land mine?
> 5 "A boy's best
> friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960 movie?

Psycho

> 6 Which
> fictional character who appears in both book and film series was
> originally known as Sméagol?

Gollum

> 7 Which Major League Baseball team
> got its nickname from its fans avoiding potentially lethal trolley
> cars on their way to home games?

Dodgers

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

Black

> 9 In the 1913 novel and various film
> adaptions, Miss Jane Porter of Baltimore, Maryland marries which
> iconic fictional character?
> 10 Most commonly used on social media,
> what five words does the abbreviation ICYMI most commonly stand for?

In case you missed it

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Calvin

Jun 4, 2020, 6:22:33 PM6/4/20
On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 8:17:46 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which US vehicle company has a bulldog as its symbol?

Mack [trucks]

> 2 Unlike hypertrophic scars which do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound, what abnormal proliferation of scar tissue extends beyond the immediate site of the trauma?

Keloid / al

> 3 Renaissance artist Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors, called "The Gates of Paradise" by Michelangelo, are located in which Italian city?

Florence

> 4 Which movie, winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2001, features two opposing soldiers (a Bosnian Serb and a Bosniak), a foxhole and an unexploded land mine?

No Man's Land

> 5 "A boy's best friend is his mother" was the tagline to which 1960 movie?

Psycho

> 6 Which fictional character who appears in both book and film series was originally known as Sméagol?

Gollum

> 7 Which Major League Baseball team got its nickname from its fans avoiding potentially lethal trolley cars on their way to home games?

[Brooklyn / LA] Dodgers

> 8 In the game of pool, what colour is the eight ball?

Black

> 9 In the 1913 novel and various film adaptions, Miss Jane Porter of Baltimore, Maryland marries which iconic fictional character?

Tarzan

> 10 Most commonly used on social media, what five words does the abbreviation ICYMI most commonly stand for?

In case You Missed it

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB 601
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 51 Stephen Perry
1 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 8 43 Bruce Bowler
1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 46 Chris Johnson
1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 7 41 Mark Brader
0 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 6 38 Pete Gayde
0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 5 32 Dan Tilque
0 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 5 34 Dan Blum
0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 10 Erland S
4 3 6 2 7 6 7 8 4 4 51 64%

Congratulations Stephen. Nice of you to drop by ;-)

cheers,
calvin