QFTCIBSI Game 9, Rounds 7-8: alphabet states, history #'s

Mark Brader

Apr 29, 2016, 4:59:07 AM4/29/16
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of the Bloor St. Irregulars,
and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
see my 2015-08-18 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

* Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically

If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
would say Alaska.

1. Utah.
2. Nebraska.
3. Delaware.
4. Hawaii.
5. New York.
6. South Dakota.
7. Ohio.
8. Arkansas.
9. Virginia.
10. Iowa.

* Game 9, Round 8 - History - By the Numbers

All answers are numbers. Answers may repeat; then again, they may not.

1. Number of theses pinned to the door of All Saints' Church,
Wittenberg, on 1517-10-31 by Martin Luther.

2. Number that features in the name of the war that ended in 1648
with the Peace of Westphalia.

3. Number of presidential elections won by Franklin Delano
Roosevelt.

4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
who were still alive when he died in 1547.

6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I'm not entirely convinced 115 is prime."
m...@vex.net | --Patrick Hamlyn

Calvin

Apr 29, 2016, 5:08:09 AM4/29/16
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 6:59:07 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically

Pass.

> * Game 9, Round 8 - History - By the Numbers
>
> All answers are numbers. Answers may repeat; then again, they may not.
>
> 1. Number of theses pinned to the door of All Saints' Church,
> Wittenberg, on 1517-10-31 by Martin Luther.

117, 115

> 2. Number that features in the name of the war that ended in 1648
> with the Peace of Westphalia.

30

> 3. Number of presidential elections won by Franklin Delano
> Roosevelt.

3, 4

> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

12

2

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

12, 10

3

4

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

48, 47

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

7, 8

cheers,
calvin

Joshua Kreitzer

Apr 29, 2016, 8:23:46 AM4/29/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.

Vermont

> 2. Nebraska.

Nevada

> 3. Delaware.

Florida

> 4. Hawaii.

Idaho

> 5. New York.

North Carolina

> 6. South Dakota.

Tennessee

> 7. Ohio.

Oklahoma

> 8. Arkansas.

California

> 9. Virginia.

Washington

> 10. Iowa.

Kansas

> * Game 9, Round 8 - History - By the Numbers
>
> All answers are numbers. Answers may repeat; then again, they may
> not.
>
> 1. Number of theses pinned to the door of All Saints' Church,
> Wittenberg, on 1517-10-31 by Martin Luther.

95

4

> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

12

> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.

2; 3

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

13

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

3

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

4

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

45

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

9; 8

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

bbowler

Apr 29, 2016, 9:33:18 AM4/29/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 03:59:07 -0500, Mark Brader wrote:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,
> and should be interpreted accordingly.
>
> On each question you may give up to two answers, but if you give both a
> right answer and a wrong answer, there is a small penalty. Please post
> all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup, based only on
> your own knowledge. (In your answer posting, quote the questions and
> place your answer below each one.) I will reveal the correct answers in
> about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Bloor St. Irregulars,
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have
> been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information see my
> 2015-08-18 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian Inquisition
> (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next after
> each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you would say
> Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.

Vermont

> 2. Nebraska.

Nevada

> 3. Delaware.

Florida

> 4. Hawaii.

Idaho

> 5. New York.

North Carolina

> 6. South Dakota.

Tennessee

> 7. Ohio.

Oklahoma

> 8. Arkansas.

California

> 9. Virginia.

Washington

> 10. Iowa.

Kansas

4

> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

12

> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.

2;0

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

14

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

3

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

3;1

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

45

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

14

Dan Blum

Apr 29, 2016, 10:55:49 AM4/29/16
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically

> 1. Utah.

Vermont

> 2. Nebraska.

Nevada

> 3. Delaware.

Florida

> 4. Hawaii.

Idaho

> 5. New York.

North Carolina

> 6. South Dakota.

Tennessee

> 7. Ohio.

Oklahoma

> 8. Arkansas.

California

> 9. Virginia.

West Virginia

> 10. Iowa.

Kentucky

4

> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

12; 13

> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.

3; 4

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

14

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

3

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

4

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

46; 47

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

9; 8

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Peter Smyth

Apr 29, 2016, 1:42:03 PM4/29/16
Mark Brader wrote:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Bloor St. Irregulars,
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2015-08-18 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.
Vermont
> 2. Nebraska.
New Hampshire
> 3. Delaware.
Florida
> 4. Hawaii.
Idaho
> 5. New York.
North Carolina
> 6. South Dakota.
Tennessee
> 7. Ohio.
Oklahoma
> 8. Arkansas.
California
> 9. Virginia.
Washington
> 10. Iowa.
Kansas

4
> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.
12
> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.
2, 3
5
> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.
4
> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.
46, 45
> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.
7, 8

Peter Smyth

Erland Sommarskog

Apr 29, 2016, 3:25:07 PM4/29/16
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.

Vermont

> 2. Nebraska.

Nevada

> 3. Delaware.

Florida

> 4. Hawaii.

Idaho

> 5. New York.

North Dakota

> 6. South Dakota.

Tenneesee

> 7. Ohio.

Oklahoma

> 8. Arkansas.

California

> 9. Virginia.

Washington

> 10. Iowa.

Kansas

4

1

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

12

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

3

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

4

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

46

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

9

Pete

Apr 29, 2016, 5:59:20 PM4/29/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:tpKdnXyAN5jGv77KnZ2dnUU7-
QPN...@giganews.com:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Bloor St. Irregulars,
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2015-08-18 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.

Vermont

> 2. Nebraska.

Nevada

> 3. Delaware.

Florida

> 4. Hawaii.

Idaho

> 5. New York.

North Carolina

> 6. South Dakota.

Tennessee

> 7. Ohio.

Oklahoma

> 8. Arkansas.

California

> 9. Virginia.

Washington

> 10. Iowa.

Kansas

> * Game 9, Round 8 - History - By the Numbers
>
> All answers are numbers. Answers may repeat; then again, they may
not.

> 1. Number of theses pinned to the door of All Saints' Church,
> Wittenberg, on 1517-10-31 by Martin Luther.

95

> 2. Number that features in the name of the war that ended in 1648
> with the Peace of Westphalia.

100

4

> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

12

> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.

3; 2

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

14

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

3

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

3

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

46; 45

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

9; 8

Pete Gayde

Jason Kreitzer

Apr 29, 2016, 8:32:28 PM4/29/16
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 4:59:07 AM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Bloor St. Irregulars,
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2015-08-18 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.
Vermont
> 2. Nebraska.
Nevada
> 3. Delaware.
Florida
> 4. Hawaii.
Idaho
> 5. New York.
North Carolina
> 6. South Dakota.
Tennessee
> 7. Ohio.
Oklahoma
> 8. Arkansas.
California
> 9. Virginia.
Washington
> 10. Iowa.
Kansas

> * Game 9, Round 8 - History - By the Numbers
>
> All answers are numbers. Answers may repeat; then again, they may not.
>
> 1. Number of theses pinned to the door of All Saints' Church,
> Wittenberg, on 1517-10-31 by Martin Luther.
57

4
> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.
5
> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.
1
> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.
14

Dan Tilque

Apr 30, 2016, 2:12:49 AM4/30/16
Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.

Vermont

> 2. Nebraska.

New Hampshire

> 3. Delaware.

Florida

> 4. Hawaii.

Idaho

> 5. New York.

North Carolina

> 6. South Dakota.

Tennessee

> 7. Ohio.

Oklahoma

> 8. Arkansas.

Connecticut

> 9. Virginia.

Washington

> 10. Iowa.

Kansas

> * Game 9, Round 8 - History - By the Numbers
>
> All answers are numbers. Answers may repeat; then again, they may not.
>
> 1. Number of theses pinned to the door of All Saints' Church,
> Wittenberg, on 1517-10-31 by Martin Luther.

93

4

> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

12

> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.

3

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

14

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

3

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

4

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

45

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

7

--
Dan Tilque

Björn Lundin

May 1, 2016, 1:33:49 PM5/1/16
On 2016-04-29 10:59, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Bloor St. Irregulars,
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2015-08-18 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.
Wyoming
> 2. Nebraska.
Nevada
> 3. Delaware.
Florida
> 4. Hawaii.
Idaho
> 5. New York.
Massachusetts
> 6. South Dakota.
Texas
> 7. Ohio.
Pennsylvania
> 8. Arkansas.
Colorado
> 9. Virginia.
Washington
> 10. Iowa.
Kansas

> * Game 9, Round 8 - History - By the Numbers
>
> All answers are numbers. Answers may repeat; then again, they may not.
>
> 1. Number of theses pinned to the door of All Saints' Church,
> Wittenberg, on 1517-10-31 by Martin Luther.
17

> 2. Number that features in the name of the war that ended in 1648
> with the Peace of Westphalia.
30

> 3. Number of presidential elections won by Franklin Delano
> Roosevelt.
1;2

6

> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.
3;4

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.
18

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.
3

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

3

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

48;47

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.
12;11

Björn

swp

May 1, 2016, 7:03:15 PM5/1/16
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 4:59:07 AM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,
> and should be interpreted accordingly.

noted

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically
>
> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.
>
> 1. Utah.

vermont

> 2. Nebraska.

nebraska

> 3. Delaware.

florida

> 4. Hawaii.

idaho

> 5. New York.

north carolina

> 6. South Dakota.

tennessee

> 7. Ohio.

oklahoma

> 8. Arkansas.

california

> 9. Virginia.

washington

> 10. Iowa.

kansas

4

> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

12

> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.

2

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

14

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

3

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

4

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

45

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

7

swp

Mark Brader

May 1, 2016, 7:42:38 PM5/1/16
Mark Brader:
> > These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,
> > and should be interpreted accordingly.

Stephen Perry:
> noted

Whew.

> > 2. Nebraska.
>
> nebraska

Interesting choice.
--
Mark Brader "Never re-invent the wheel unnecessarily;
Toronto yours may have corners."

swp

May 1, 2016, 7:53:59 PM5/1/16
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 7:42:38 PM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> Mark Brader:
> > > These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,
> > > and should be interpreted accordingly.
>
> Stephen Perry:
> > noted
>
> Whew.
>
> > > 2. Nebraska.
> >
> > nebraska
>
> Interesting choice.

thank you. it's all part of my master plan to surround you and escape in the confusion.

swp

Mark Brader

May 2, 2016, 12:14:25 AM5/2/16
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2015-11-23,
> see my 2015-08-18 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> * Game 9, Round 7 - Geography - Next State Alphabetically

> If the US states are listed alphabetically, what state comes next
> after each of the following? For example, if we said Alabama, you
> would say Alaska.

This was the easiest round in the original game. I was expecting
several instances of "4 for everyone", but one entrant was unable
to even guess at any states.

> 1. Utah.

Vermont. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Erland, Pete, Jason,
Dan Tilque, and Stephen.

> 2. Nebraska.

Nevada. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Erland, Pete, Jason,
and Björn.

As I mentioned earlier, Nebraska was an interesting guess.

> 3. Delaware.

Florida. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Erland, Pete, Jason,
Dan Tilque, Björn, and Stephen.

> 4. Hawaii.

Idaho. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Erland, Pete, Jason,
Dan Tilque, Björn, and Stephen.

> 5. New York.

North Carolina. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Pete, Jason,
Dan Tilque, and Stephen.

Massachusetts was an interesting guess.

> 6. South Dakota.

Tennessee. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Erland, Pete,
Jason, Dan Tilque, and Stephen.

> 7. Ohio.

Oklahoma. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Erland, Pete, Jason,
Dan Tilque, and Stephen.

> 8. Arkansas.

California. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Erland, Pete,
Jason, and Stephen.

> 9. Virginia.

Washington. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Peter, Erland, Pete, Jason,
Dan Tilque, Björn, and Stephen.

> 10. Iowa.

Kansas. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Peter, Erland, Pete, Jason, Dan Tilque,
Björn, and Stephen.

> * Game 9, Round 8 - History - By the Numbers

> All answers are numbers. Answers may repeat; then again, they may not.

> 1. Number of theses pinned to the door of All Saints' Church,
> Wittenberg, on 1517-10-31 by Martin Luther.

95. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Erland, Pete, and Stephen.

> 2. Number that features in the name of the war that ended in 1648
> with the Peace of Westphalia.

30. (Thirty Years War.) 4 for Calvin, Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum,
Peter, Erland, Dan Tilque, Björn, and Stephen.

> 3. Number of presidential elections won by Franklin Delano
> Roosevelt.

4. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Erland, Pete, Jason,
Dan Tilque, and Stephen. 2 for Calvin.

> 4. Number of men who have walked on the Moon.

12. 4 for Calvin, Joshua, Bruce, Peter, Erland, Pete, Dan Tilque,
and Stephen. 3 for Dan Blum.

> 5. Number of wives (including ex-wives, if applicable) of Henry VIII
> who were still alive when he died in 1547.

2. (Anne of Cleves, Catherine Parr.) 4 for Calvin and Stephen.
3 for Joshua, Bruce, and Peter. 2 for Pete.

> 6. Number of points proposed by President Woodrow Wilson in his
> 1918-01-08 plan for world peace.

14. 4 for Bruce, Dan Blum, Pete, Jason, Dan Tilque, and Stephen.

> 7. Number of Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage, 264-146 BC.

3. 4 for Calvin, Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Erland, Pete, Dan Tilque,
Björn, and Stephen.

> 8. Number of Roman Emperors in 69 AD.

4. 4 for Calvin, Joshua, Dan Blum, Peter, Erland, Dan Tilque,
and Stephen.

After Nero's death the Empire fell into civil war for about 18 months.
Galba was made emperor in mid-68 but assassinated in January 69,
after which Otho was named emperor. In April 69, Vitellius's forces
defeated Otho's, Otho committed suicide, and Vitellius became emperor.
The forces of Vespasian defeated and killed Vitellius in turn in
December 69. Vespasian then took the title, made himself a lot more
popular, and reigned for 10 yaers.

> 9. Number of states of the United States on 1900-01-01.

45. (All but Oklahoma, 1907; Arizona and New Mexico, both 1912;
and Alaska and Hawaii, both 1959.) 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Tilque,
and Stephen. 2 for Peter and Pete.

Apparently these new states are like buses -- you wait 47 years for
one and then two come along at once.

> 10. Number of provinces of Canada on 1900-01-01.

7. (All but Alberta and Saskatchewan, both 1905; and Newfoundland,
now Newfoundland & Labrador, 1949.) 4 for Dan Tilque and Stephen.
3 for Calvin and Peter.

In thie case, unlike the US ones mentioned above, Alberta and
Saskatchewan actually did gain provincial status at the same time,
not just in the same year.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 9 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Spo Sci Can Aud Mis Geo His FIVE
Stephen Perry 32 0 30 40 40 36 40 188
Joshua Kreitzer 36 20 7 40 28 40 31 175
Dan Tilque 32 24 0 8 36 32 32 156
Pete Gayde 36 21 0 20 31 40 24 152
Dan Blum 16 20 0 20 40 32 27 139
"Calvin" 20 36 0 16 16 0 25 113
Peter Smyth 0 32 0 12 8 36 24 112
Marc Dashevsky 32 40 0 16 20 -- -- 108
Jason Kreitzer 20 8 0 28 0 40 8 104
Erland Sommarskog 0 8 0 20 0 36 24 88
Bruce Bowler -- -- -- -- -- 40 31 71
Björn Lundin 0 0 0 4 8 20 8 40

--
Mark Brader | "I realised... at the traditional time --
Toronto | just after clicking on Send."

Calvin

May 2, 2016, 3:05:03 AM5/2/16
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 2:14:25 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> This was the easiest round in the original game. I was expecting
> several instances of "4 for everyone", but one entrant was unable
> to even guess at any states.

Well not that exactly...

cheers,
calvin

Björn Lundin

May 2, 2016, 7:13:58 AM5/2/16
On 2016-05-02 06:14, Mark Brader wrote:

> North Carolina. 4 for Joshua, Bruce, Dan Blum, Peter, Pete, Jason,
> Dan Tilque, and Stephen.
>
> Massachusetts was an interesting guess.

There is a reason for me being last in the table.
Obviously, I do not know the alphabet...

Björn