Calvin's Quiz #471

Calvin

Jan 19, 2017, 5:24:57 PM1/19/17

1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety Dance"?
2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?
3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?
4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in English?
5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as the College for Women, was the first to admit female undergraduate students?
6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an INTJ or an ESFP?
7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in "Patton"?
8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?
9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto Korda?
10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of transport?

cheers,
calvin

Gareth Owen

Jan 19, 2017, 5:32:08 PM1/19/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety
> Dance"?

Men Without Hats

> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?

Erm ... South Korea?

> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?

Cleaning oneself?

> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in
> English?

Matinee

> 5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as the
> College for Women, was the first to admit female undergraduate
> students?

Somerville??

> 6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an INTJ
> or an ESFP?

Personality Test

> 7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in
> "Patton"?

George Scott

> 8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of
> Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?

They're fictitious?

> 9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the
> subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto
> Korda?

Che Guevara?

> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of
> transport?

Ballooning

Dan Blum

Jan 19, 2017, 5:36:00 PM1/19/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety Dance"?

Men Without Hats

> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?

South Korea

> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?

washing

> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in English?

matinee

> 6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an INTJ or an ESFP?

Myers-Briggs

> 7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in "Patton"?

George C. Scott

> 8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?

they are extinct

> 9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto Korda?

Che Guevara

> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of transport?

hot-air balloon

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Peter Smyth

Jan 19, 2017, 5:42:31 PM1/19/17
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety
> Dance"?
Men Without Hats
> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?
South Korea
> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?
Washing
> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in
> English?
Matinee
> 5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as the
> College for Women, was the first to admit female undergraduate
> students?
Newnham
> 6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an INTJ
> or an ESFP?
Myers-Briggs
> 7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in
> "Patton"?
Scott
> 8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of
> Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?
They are extinct
> 9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the
> subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto
> Korda?
Che Guevara
> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of
> transport?
Hot air balloon

Peter Smyth

Mark Brader

Jan 19, 2017, 5:49:48 PM1/19/17
"Calvin":

> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The
> Safety Dance"?
> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?

South Korea?

> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?

Bathing?

> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon
> performance in English?

Matinee.

> 5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as
> the College for Women, was the first to admit female
> undergraduate students?
> 6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be
> an INTJ or an ESFP?

Meyers-Briggs.

> 7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role
> in "Patton"?

Scott.

> 8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of
> Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?

Extinction.

> 9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was
> the subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer
> Alberto Korda?

Castro?

> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early
> form of transport?

Hot-air balloon.
--
Mark Brader "Well, it's not in MY interest -- and I represent
Toronto the public, so it's not in the public interest!"

bbowler

Jan 20, 2017, 9:23:02 AM1/20/17
On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 14:24:56 -0800, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety
Dance"?

Men at Work

> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?
> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?
> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in
> English?

Matinée

> 5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as the
College
> for Women, was the first to admit female undergraduate students?
> 6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an
INTJ
or
> an ESFP?

Meyers Briggs (INTP)

> 7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in
> "Patton"?

George C Scott

> 8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of
Mauritius,
> Romania, and Tasmania?

They're extinct

> 9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the
> subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto Korda?

Che

> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of
> transport?

Balloon

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Jan 20, 2017, 4:16:27 PM1/20/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety
> Dance"?
> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?

South Korea

> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?

Urinating

> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance
> in English?

Matinee

> 5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in
> 1869 as the College for Women, was the first to admit female
> undergraduate students?
> 6 According to which psychiatric
> assessment tool might one be an INTJ or an ESFP?

Meyers Briggs

> 7 Who refused to
> accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in "Patton"?

George C. Scott

> 8 What
> trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of Mauritius,
> Romania, and Tasmania?

Featherless

> 9 One of the most reproduced images in
> human history, who was the subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban
> photographer Alberto Korda?

Che Guevara

> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are
> associated with which early form of transport?

Hot air balloon

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Marc Dashevsky

Jan 21, 2017, 2:12:17 AM1/21/17
In article <c944c012-3c2b-477b...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety Dance"?
Men Without Hats

> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?
South Korea

> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?
washing

> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in English?
matinee

> 5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as the College for Women, was the first to admit female undergraduate students?
> 6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an INTJ or an ESFP?
Myers Briggs

> 7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in "Patton"?
George C. Scott

> 8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?
> 9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto Korda?
Che Guevara

> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of transport?
balloon

> cheers,
> calvin

Dan Tilque

Jan 21, 2017, 5:22:09 AM1/21/17
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety Dance"?
> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?

South Korea

> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?
> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in English?

matinee

> 5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as the College for Women, was the first to admit female undergraduate students?
> 6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an INTJ or an ESFP?

Myers-Briggs

> 7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in "Patton"?

George C Scott

> 8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?
> 9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto Korda?

Marilyn Monroe

> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of transport?

hot air balloon

--
Dan Tilque

ArenEss

Jan 23, 2017, 12:03:42 PM1/23/17
On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 14:24:56 -0800 (PST), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety Dance"?
Men Without Hats
>2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?
Japan
>3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?
Cleaning oneself
>4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in English?
Matinee
>5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as the College for Women, was the first to admit female undergraduate students?
>6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an INTJ or an ESFP?
>7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in "Patton"?
George C. Scott
>8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?
Extinct animals
>9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto Korda?
Che Guevara
>10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of transport?
Hot Air Balooning

>cheers,
>calvin

ArenEss

Calvin

Jan 29, 2017, 7:00:28 PM1/29/17
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:24:57 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which one hit wonder band released the 1983 single "The Safety Dance"?

Men Without Hats

> 2 The Daiso retail chain is headquartered in which Asian country?

Japan
Singleton for Aran

> 3 What is ablutophobia a fear of?

Bathing (or similar)

> 4 Which word means morning in French, but an afternoon performance in English?

Matinee

> 5 Which Cambridge college, originally established in 1869 as the College for Women, was the first to admit female undergraduate students?

Girton
I'm surprised noone got this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girton_College,_Cambridge

> 6 According to which psychiatric assessment tool might one be an INTJ or an ESFP?

Myers-Briggs

> 7 Who refused to accept the 1970 Best Actor Oscar for his role in "Patton"?

George C Scott

> 8 What trait is shared by the animals in the coats of arms of Mauritius, Romania, and Tasmania?

They are extinct

> 9 One of the most reproduced images in human history, who was the subject of an iconic 1960 portrait by Cuban photographer Alberto Korda?

Che Guevara

> 10 The Montgolfier brothers are associated with which early form of transport?

[Hot air] Balloons

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 471
1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 8 51 Aren Ess
1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 8 57 Peter Smyth
1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 8 57 Dan Blum
1 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 7 52 Marc Dashevsky
0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 6 45 Mark Brader
1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 6 45 Gareth Owen
0 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 6 46 Bruce Bowler
0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 5 41 Pete Gayde
0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 4 34 Dan Tilque
5 1 6 9 0 7 9 5 7 9 58 64%

Congratulations Aren on a narrow win due to his singleton.

cheers,
calvin