Sensory Depravity Q:

32 vues

Roger Carhult

non lue,
5 août 2001, 12:55:5505/08/2001
If a SD is played by Joaquina ona vamp and then Joaquina is Banished
what happens? Is the SD still in play, or does is the SD's vamp
unaffected until Joaquina comes back into play?

Francois Villon

non lue,
5 août 2001, 19:04:1005/08/2001

> If a SD is played by Joaquina ona vamp and then Joaquina is Banished
> what happens? Is the SD still in play, or does is the SD's vamp
> unaffected until Joaquina comes back into play?

I already asked this one: the SD is discarded because the playing vamp is no
more in play, and if you influence out once more Joaquina, you have to play
another SD.

Noal McDonald

non lue,
6 août 2001, 01:28:3506/08/2001

If Joaquina is Banished, she is removed from play...thus satisfying the
requirements of burning the Sensory Dep card.

Regards,
Noal McDonald
VEKN Prince of Metro Detroit

salem christ

non lue,
7 août 2001, 01:59:2207/08/2001
Noal McDonald <dhar...@none-of-your-fscking-business.com> wrote in message news:<3B6E2B03...@none-of-your-fscking-business.com>...

> Roger Carhult wrote:
> > If a SD is played by Joaquina ona vamp and then Joaquina is Banished
> > what happens? Is the SD still in play, or does is the SD's vamp
> > unaffected until Joaquina comes back into play?
>
> If Joaquina is Banished, she is removed from play...thus satisfying the
> requirements of burning the Sensory Dep card.

From the WW website:

Sensory Deprivation [DS, FN]
Cardtype: Action

Cost: 3 blood

Discipline: Chimerstry

[chi] (D) Burn any retainer or put this card on any ally. The minion
with this card does not untap as normal during the untap phase as long
as the acting vampire remains in play.
[CHI]As above, but put this card on any vampire in play.

I see no reference here to the card ever burning. So, while Joaquina
is banished, the card has no effect (that is, the SD'd vampire may
untap as normal during it's untap phase). However, when Joaquina
returns to the ready region (from being influenced out), i think the
SD "kicks back in" again.

What do you think, LSJ?

also, what happens if Joaquina is burned, but is then Possessed or
Daemonically Posessed back? Does the SD "remember" it was her that
played it? (because i'm pretty sure that she won't remember playing
the SD...)

salem.

LSJ

non lue,
7 août 2001, 11:41:1407/08/2001
salem christ wrote:
> Noal McDonald <dhar...@none-of-your-fscking-business.com> wrote in message news:<3B6E2B03...@none-of-your-fscking-business.com>...
> > Roger Carhult wrote:
> > > If a SD is played by Joaquina ona vamp and then Joaquina is Banished
> > > what happens? Is the SD still in play, or does is the SD's vamp
> > > unaffected until Joaquina comes back into play?
> >
> > If Joaquina is Banished, she is removed from play...thus satisfying the
> > requirements of burning the Sensory Dep card.
>
> From the WW website:
>
> Sensory Deprivation [DS, FN]
> Cardtype: Action
>
> Cost: 3 blood
>
> Discipline: Chimerstry
>
> [chi] (D) Burn any retainer or put this card on any ally. The minion
> with this card does not untap as normal during the untap phase as long
> as the acting vampire remains in play.
> [CHI]As above, but put this card on any vampire in play.
>
> I see no reference here to the card ever burning. So, while Joaquina
> is banished, the card has no effect (that is, the SD'd vampire may
> untap as normal during it's untap phase). However, when Joaquina
> returns to the ready region (from being influenced out), i think the
> SD "kicks back in" again.
>
> What do you think, LSJ?

No. There's no "kicks back in" clause on SD. Its effect lasts as long as
the vampire /remains/ in play. Once he's not in play, the effect ends.

The card is not burned, though, correct.

Like a Contract once the chosen Assamite is burned, the card simply
remains in play with no effect.

> also, what happens if Joaquina is burned, but is then Possessed or
> Daemonically Posessed back? Does the SD "remember" it was her that
> played it? (because i'm pretty sure that she won't remember playing
> the SD...)

No. A burned card remembers nothing except how it was burned.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Gene Wirchenko

non lue,
7 août 2001, 20:33:3407/08/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

[snip]

>No. There's no "kicks back in" clause on SD. Its effect lasts as long as
>the vampire /remains/ in play. Once he's not in play, the effect ends.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Would that include being out of play due to the vampire being
contested?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

LSJ

non lue,
7 août 2001, 21:12:1707/08/2001
Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> >No. There's no "kicks back in" clause on SD. Its effect lasts as long as
> >the vampire /remains/ in play. Once he's not in play, the effect ends.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Would that include being out of play due to the vampire being
> contested?

Yes. Burned, contested, Banished, removed from play. It's all out of play.

Gene Wirchenko

non lue,
8 août 2001, 01:21:5508/08/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

>Gene Wirchenko wrote:
>> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> >No. There's no "kicks back in" clause on SD. Its effect lasts as long as
>> >the vampire /remains/ in play. Once he's not in play, the effect ends.
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Would that include being out of play due to the vampire being
>> contested?
>
>Yes. Burned, contested, Banished, removed from play. It's all out of play.

Thank you.

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
8 août 2001, 19:54:2308/08/2001
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

Does that follow with The Rack, targeting a vampire that gets banished?
When he pops back out is the rack just sitting there with nothing to do? It
doesn't have a 'kicks back in clause' either?

Also, if:
LSJ: "Like a Contract once the chosen Assamite is burned, the card simply
remains in play with no effect" and the assamite is damonic possesed back
into ready, you are saying he cannot pick up on the contract where he left
off?
Then can I banish enemy assamites...or my own guys even to cause contracts
to lose their effectiveness?(since they have no kick back in clause either?)

Aaron

James Coupe

non lue,
8 août 2001, 20:14:2508/08/2001
In message <Pikc7.1678$7G.2...@typhoon.mw.mediaone.net>, The Nosferatu
Stuff <roans...@yahoo.com> writes

>Does that follow with The Rack, targeting a vampire that gets banished?

The only ruling on this refers to "for the rest of the game" effects
(like Blood Bond).

>When he pops back out is the rack just sitting there with nothing to do? It
>doesn't have a 'kicks back in clause' either?

By text, no.

>Also, if:
>LSJ: "Like a Contract once the chosen Assamite is burned, the card simply
>remains in play with no effect" and the assamite is damonic possesed back
>into ready, you are saying he cannot pick up on the contract where he left
>off?

Correct. A vampire who has been burned is entirely forgotten except
where an effect specifically over-rules this (e.g. Daemonic Possession
remembering if it was controlled).

>Then can I banish enemy assamites...or my own guys even to cause contracts
>to lose their effectiveness?(since they have no kick back in clause either?)

I think you're confusing a "kick back in" clause with Sensory
Deprivation's very specific "turn off" clause, with no subsequent "kick
back in" clause. Contract doesn't specifically have a "turn off"
clause.

However, I'm slightly unsure on the answers here.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
8 août 2001, 21:08:0208/08/2001
James Coupe wrote:
> The Nosferatu Stuff <roans...@yahoo.com> writes
> >Does that follow with The Rack, targeting a vampire that gets banished?
>
> The only ruling on this refers to "for the rest of the game" effects
> (like Blood Bond).
>
> >When he pops back out is the rack just sitting there with nothing to do? It
> >doesn't have a 'kicks back in clause' either?
>
> By text, no.

It doesn't have a "turns off" clause, so it doesn't need a "turn back on"
clause. It remains in effect.

> >Also, if:
> >LSJ: "Like a Contract once the chosen Assamite is burned, the card simply
> >remains in play with no effect" and the assamite is damonic possesed back
> >into ready, you are saying he cannot pick up on the contract where he left
> >off?
>
> Correct. A vampire who has been burned is entirely forgotten except
> where an effect specifically over-rules this (e.g. Daemonic Possession
> remembering if it was controlled).

Correct.

> >Then can I banish enemy assamites...or my own guys even to cause contracts
> >to lose their effectiveness?(since they have no kick back in clause either?)
>
> I think you're confusing a "kick back in" clause with Sensory
> Deprivation's very specific "turn off" clause, with no subsequent "kick
> back in" clause. Contract doesn't specifically have a "turn off"
> clause.
>
> However, I'm slightly unsure on the answers here.

The "for the remainder of the game" effects will last through contesting
or Banishing, correct.

0 nouveau message