Miriam Benyona versus Lord of Serenity

Raynor

Feb 23, 2010, 3:33:57 PM2/23/10
Hi!

By searching Google Newsgroups I have come upon the ruling of rescuing
Mitchell the Headhunter with Sense Vitality cost one blood, so I think
that Lord of Serenity costs Miriam Benyona one less is for sure.

But does it cost her two less, because he rescues two vampires?

Miriam Benyona
Independent: Rescuing a vampire from torpor costs Miriam 1 less blood.
During your untap phase, you may move 1 blood from Miriam to any ready
vampire. Scarce.

Lord of Serenity
+1 stealth action.
[for] Rescue up to two vampires from torpor. Any ready vampire may
attempt to block this action.
[obe] Put this card on the acting vampire. During your untap phase,
this vampire gains 1 blood. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D)
action.
[OBE] As [obe] above, but this vampire gains 2 blood.

Pullen

Feb 23, 2010, 4:04:59 PM2/23/10

it should

LSJ

Feb 23, 2010, 6:02:55 PM2/23/10
to vtes-...@yahoogroups.com
On Feb 23, 3:33 pm, Raynor <thrill_kill_c...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> By searching Google Newsgroups I have come upon the ruling of rescuing
> Mitchell the Headhunter with Sense Vitality cost one blood, so I think
> that Lord of Serenity costs Miriam Benyona one less is for sure.
>
> But does it cost her two less, because he rescues two vampires?

Lord of Serenity costs zero, so the question of whether the final cost
is -1 or -2 is mostly moot, as she would end up paying zero anyhow.

But for the cases when the action's cost is increased by two (or
more), it matters, so:

Miriam reduces the cost of a rescue action by one, regardless of the
number of vampires rescued.

Janne Hägglund

Feb 23, 2010, 6:17:37 PM2/23/10
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> writes:

> On Feb 23, 3:33 pm, Raynor <thrill_kill_c...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > By searching Google Newsgroups I have come upon the ruling of rescuing
> > Mitchell the Headhunter with Sense Vitality cost one blood, so I think
> > that Lord of Serenity costs Miriam Benyona one less is for sure.
> >
> > But does it cost her two less, because he rescues two vampires?

> > Miriam Benyona

> > Independent: Rescuing a vampire from torpor costs Miriam 1 less blood.
> > During your untap phase, you may move 1 blood from Miriam to any ready
> > vampire. Scarce.
> >
> > Lord of Serenity
> > +1 stealth action.
> > [for] Rescue up to two vampires from torpor. Any ready vampire may
> > attempt to block this action.
> > [obe] Put this card on the acting vampire. During your untap phase,
> > this vampire gains 1 blood. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D)
> > action.
> > [OBE] As [obe] above, but this vampire gains 2 blood.

> Lord of Serenity costs zero, so the question of whether the final cost
> is -1 or -2 is mostly moot, as she would end up paying zero anyhow.

Errm, all the Lord of Serenity cards I have are printed with a cost of
3 blood. The text quoted above is missing the cost.

> But for the cases when the action's cost is increased by two (or
> more), it matters, so:
>
> Miriam reduces the cost of a rescue action by one, regardless of the
> number of vampires rescued.

So the 3-blood-costing Lord of Serenity at outferior fortitude would cost
2 blood, I presume.

HG

YY

Feb 23, 2010, 7:08:18 PM2/23/10
On Feb 24, 7:17 am, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:

> LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> writes:
> > On Feb 23, 3:33 pm, Raynor <thrill_kill_c...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Hi!
>
> > > By searching Google Newsgroups I have come upon the ruling of rescuing
> > > Mitchell the Headhunter with Sense Vitality cost one blood, so I think
> > > that Lord of Serenity costs Miriam Benyona one less is for sure.
>
> > > But does it cost her two less, because he rescues two vampires?
> > > Miriam Benyona
> > > Independent: Rescuing a vampire from torpor costs Miriam 1 less blood.
> > > During your untap phase, you may move 1 blood from Miriam to any ready
> > > vampire. Scarce.
>
> > > Lord of Serenity
> > > +1 stealth action.
> > > [for] Rescue up to two vampires from torpor. Any ready vampire may
> > > attempt to block this action.
> > > [obe] Put this card on the acting vampire. During your untap phase,
> > > this vampire gains 1 blood. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D)
> > > action.
> > > [OBE] As [obe] above, but this vampire gains 2 blood.
>
> > Lord of Serenity costs zero, so the question of whether the final cost
> > is -1 or -2 is mostly moot, as she would end up paying zero anyhow.
>
> Errm, all the Lord of Serenity cards I have are printed with a cost of
> 3 blood. The text quoted above is missing the cost.

The OP posted card text as zero cost, hence the reply, I guess.

YY

YY

Feb 23, 2010, 7:09:46 PM2/23/10

Oh, wait, you mentioned that already. Maybe I should actually read
beyond the first period next time.

YY

LSJ

Feb 23, 2010, 7:41:35 PM2/23/10
to vtes-...@yahoogroups.com
On Feb 23, 6:17 pm, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:

> LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> writes:
> > On Feb 23, 3:33 pm, Raynor <thrill_kill_c...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Hi!
>
> > > By searching Google Newsgroups I have come upon the ruling of rescuing
> > > Mitchell the Headhunter with Sense Vitality cost one blood, so I think
> > > that Lord of Serenity costs Miriam Benyona one less is for sure.
>
> > > But does it cost her two less, because he rescues two vampires?
> > > Miriam Benyona
> > > Independent: Rescuing a vampire from torpor costs Miriam 1 less blood.
> > > During your untap phase, you may move 1 blood from Miriam to any ready
> > > vampire. Scarce.
>
> > > Lord of Serenity
> > > +1 stealth action.
> > > [for] Rescue up to two vampires from torpor. Any ready vampire may
> > > attempt to block this action.
> > > [obe] Put this card on the acting vampire. During your untap phase,
> > > this vampire gains 1 blood. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D)
> > > action.
> > > [OBE] As [obe] above, but this vampire gains 2 blood.
>
> > Lord of Serenity costs zero, so the question of whether the final cost
> > is -1 or -2 is mostly moot, as she would end up paying zero anyhow.
>
> Errm, all the Lord of Serenity cards I have are printed with a cost of
> 3 blood.  The text quoted above is missing the cost.

Well, then. The answer is applicable in many more cases. :-)
Thanks for the addendum.

> > But for the cases when the action's cost is increased by two (or
> > more), it matters, so:
>
> > Miriam reduces the cost of a rescue action by one, regardless of the
> > number of vampires rescued.
>
> So the 3-blood-costing Lord of Serenity at outferior fortitude would cost
> 2 blood, I presume.

True fact.

Raynor

Feb 24, 2010, 3:05:39 AM2/24/10
Thanks for the answer and sorry for the misquoted text o_0