[Q] Legendary Vampire and Advance Vampires

Yoritomo Jiriki

May 26, 2003, 11:53:39 PM5/26/03
If I have a base vampire already in play. During my Influence Phase, I
move the Advanced version of the vampire from my uncontrolled region
to the controlled region by overlaying the Advanced on the Base
version. During my next Master Phase, can I play Legendary Vampire on
the Advanced vampire? Based on the text of Advanced Vampires in the
new rulebook and the card text on Legendary Vampire this looks legal,
just want to make sure...

Thanks!

The Lasombra

May 27, 2003, 12:15:04 AM5/27/03
On 26 May 2003 20:53:39 -0700, yoritom...@hotmail.com (Yoritomo
Jiriki) wrote:

>If I have a base vampire already in play. During my Influence Phase, I
>move the Advanced version of the vampire from my uncontrolled region
>to the controlled region by overlaying the Advanced on the Base
>version. During my next Master Phase, can I play Legendary Vampire on
>the Advanced vampire?

No.

LSJ 05-19-2003
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3EC8DCD0.4050400%40white-wolf.com

> How does Legendary Vampire interact with Merging vampires?

It doesn't notice a merge (beyond the change in capacity, if any)

> Let's say that "plain" Tegyrius has been in play for awhile,
> and then I merge the Advanced version onto that vampire during my
> influence phase.
> Does this count for the timing of "entering play from the uncontrolled
> region", so I can play LV on him during my next Master Phase?

No. Tegyrius didn't enter play on your last turn. He was already in
play (and had been for a while). He merged on your last turn (which
is similar to, say, playing a Master: Discipline card on him - he
changes, but he doesn't re-enter play).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Halcyan 2

May 27, 2003, 12:15:04 AM5/27/03

Hey there Joel! What's up?

No you can't because the vampire has been in play since two turns ago. See:

From: LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com)
Subject: Re: Advanced Tegyrius questions

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad
Date: 2003-05-19 06:31:59 PST

Jozxyqk wrote:
> Further question:

> How does Legendary Vampire interact with Merging vampires?

It doesn't notice a merge (beyond the change in capacity, if any)

> Let's say that "plain" Tegyrius has been in play for awhile,
> and then I merge the Advanced version onto that vampire during my
> influence phase.
> Does this count for the timing of "entering play from the uncontrolled
> region", so I can play LV on him during my next Master Phase?

No. Tegyrius didn't enter play on your last turn. He was already in
play (and had been for a while). He merged on your last turn (which
is similar to, say, playing a Master: Discipline card on him - he
changes, but he doesn't re-enter play).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

BTW, just curious, but are you going to be updating the VTES Storyline Web-site
some time? =)

Halcyan 2

Gomi no Sensei

May 27, 2003, 12:09:08 PM5/27/03
In article <7gp5dv425bk592ltr...@4ax.com>,
The Lasombra <TheLa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>LSJ 05-19-2003
>http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3EC8DCD0.4050400%40white-wolf.com
>
>[...] Tegyrius didn't enter play on your last turn. He was already in

>play (and had been for a while). He merged on your last turn (which
>is similar to, say, playing a Master: Discipline card on him - he
>changes, but he doesn't re-enter play).

...also avoiding Masquerade Enforcement, I'm thinking?
--
Individually, I love you all with affection unspeakable; but, collectively,
I look upon you with a disgust that amounts to absolute detestation.

LSJ

May 27, 2003, 12:30:14 PM5/27/03
Gomi no Sensei wrote:
> The Lasombra <TheLa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>LSJ 05-19-2003
>>http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3EC8DCD0.4050400%40white-wolf.com
>>
>>[...] Tegyrius didn't enter play on your last turn. He was already in
>>play (and had been for a while). He merged on your last turn (which
>>is similar to, say, playing a Master: Discipline card on him - he
>>changes, but he doesn't re-enter play).
>

> ...also avoiding Masquerade Enforcement?

Yes.