blissful agony and dodge LSJ

Screaming Vermillian

Oct 20, 2005, 2:16:53 PM10/20/05
So... by similar rulings about aid from bats and dodge... dodging a
blissful agony... I don't ignore the fighting someone else text, do I?

~SV

LSJ

Oct 20, 2005, 2:20:33 PM10/20/05

Screaming Vermillian wrote:
> So... by similar rulings about aid from bats and dodge... dodging a
> blissful agony... I don't ignore the fighting someone else text, do I?

Odd that that question hasn't come up before.

Sure, the dodge protects from the combat-starting effect of the BA. The
original combat will still end, though.

Screaming Vermillian

Oct 20, 2005, 2:27:00 PM10/20/05

I strike BA and my opponent strikes dodge... in some order. Does
Blissfull Agony affect the dodger, or does it effect the combat, or
does it effect me? Cause I mean... I'm getting out of the combat, and
someone else is joining. Doesn't look like it effected the would be
dodger at all...

Though: i suppose Blissful Agony specifically mentions the opposing
minion, but never really 'chooses' him...

So in the case whenever any combat strike effect mentions to opposing
minion, a dodge would protect them?

Thanks

~SV

LSJ

Oct 20, 2005, 2:40:40 PM10/20/05
Screaming Vermillian wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
> > Screaming Vermillian wrote:
> > > So... by similar rulings about aid from bats and dodge... dodging a
> > > blissful agony... I don't ignore the fighting someone else text, do I?
> >
> > Sure, the dodge protects from the combat-starting effect of the BA. The
> > original combat will still end, though.
>
> I strike BA and my opponent strikes dodge... in some order. Does
> Blissfull Agony affect the dodger, or does it effect the combat, or
> does it effect me? Cause I mean... I'm getting out of the combat, and
> someone else is joining. Doesn't look like it effected the would be
> dodger at all...

Entering combat with the minion falls in the "things that affect the
minion" category.

Dodge protects the minion from that effect.

> So in the case whenever any combat strike effect mentions to opposing
> minion, a dodge would protect them?

The dodge protects him whether he's mentioned or not.
If he's not mentioned, though, there's little from which to protect
him.