(LSJ) Mind of the Wilds wording

pallando

Mar 8, 2010, 2:02:04 PM3/8/10

Does the clause "in the first round of the resulting combat" apply to
"the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat"?

From the way it is worded, I'd say that the answer is no.

Name: Mind of the Wilds
[HttB:C]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Animalism & Auspex
[ani][aus] If this action is blocked, this vampire gets an optional
maneuver in the first round of the resulting combat, and the blocking
minion cannot strike to end combat.
[ANI][AUS] As above, with +1 stealth.

Kind regards,

pallando

LSJ

Mar 8, 2010, 2:13:44 PM3/8/10
On Mar 8, 2:02 pm, pallando <marcus.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi.

> Does the clause "in the first round of the resulting combat" apply to
> "the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat"?

No.

> From the way it is worded, I'd say that the answer is no.

Yes.

3rdshiftr

Mar 9, 2010, 1:45:14 PM3/9/10
On Mar 8, 11:13 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2:02 pm, pallando <marcus.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hi.
>
> > Does the clause "in the first round of the resulting combat" apply to
> > "the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat"?
>
> No.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but what's the point of this card if
the blocker CAN end combat in 1st round of combat?

The Lasombra

Mar 9, 2010, 1:59:15 PM3/9/10
On Mar 9, 1:45 pm, 3rdshiftr <pacificamer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Does the clause "in the first round of the resulting combat" apply to
> > > "the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat"?

> > No.

> Sorry if I'm missing something, but what's the point of this card if
> the blocker CAN end combat in 1st round of combat?

You're right, you missed it.

Read as:

"If this action is blocked, ... the blocking minion cannot strike to
end combat."

i.e. the ending combat prohibiting is not restricted to any specific
round, it is continuous for the duration of the block attempt.

demonturtle

Mar 9, 2010, 5:05:07 PM3/9/10

So, this card is even more awesome than I thought it was?
Outstanding!

Cheers,

John

3rdshiftr

Mar 9, 2010, 6:18:00 PM3/9/10
On Mar 9, 2:05 pm, demonturtle <crankytur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, this card is even more awesome than I thought it was?
> Outstanding!
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

Yess! I see the light. aus/ani rush is now stealthier and unbeatable
by S:CE... And AUS POT FOR gets an alternate Fame+dunk tactic: Let's
play Horseshoes at Dawn ...

Blooded Sand

Mar 9, 2010, 6:32:47 PM3/9/10

Alexandra, bleed with PRE, us mind of the wilds if block attempts,
assault, long, blur, gatta gatta torrent taste. And Cavalier for
untaps.

Dragar

Mar 9, 2010, 7:01:33 PM3/9/10

I'm loving it with Lucian, the Perfect. Easy stealth option on the
base 4 bleed, no combat ends if blocked so don't need to waste a pile
of cards on grabs to make the combat count

librarian

Mar 9, 2010, 7:02:35 PM3/9/10

And it's got that awesome picture of a dude stepping out of the party and
taking a leak...

Isnt' that what it is?

bes t-

chris

Kushiel

Mar 10, 2010, 12:11:08 PM3/10/10
On Mar 9, 7:02 pm, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> And it's got that awesome picture of a dude stepping out of the party and
> taking a leak...
>
> Isnt' that what it is?

Call of the Wilds? Makes sense.

John Eno

wumpus

Mar 10, 2010, 3:02:42 PM3/10/10
Howdy,

On Mar 9, 3:18 pm, 3rdshiftr <pacificamer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2:05 pm, demonturtle <crankytur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So, this card is even more awesome than I thought it was?
> > Outstanding!
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > John
>
> Yess!  I  see the light. aus/ani rush is now stealthier and unbeatable
> by S:CE...

I don't know about rush (you have to be blocked to defeat S:CE), but
my ANI/AUS bruise bleeder is much happier. No more block and S:CE to
avoid the Crows for you, Mr. Majesty! (And surprise stealth is good
too.)

> And AUS POT FOR gets an alternate Fame+dunk tactic:  Let's
> play Horseshoes at Dawn ...

? How does this relate to Mind of the Wilds? Or does it?

Wonderin',
Alex