LSJ: actions to put vampires into play

Esteban

Nov 5, 2009, 6:22:33 AM11/5/09
Taking the chance of embarassing myself yet again, another stupid
rules question.

Are cards like Govern the Unanligned Superior (The Call,...)
considered to be "actions to put vampires into play"? Or more
specific, would Jibade el-Bahrawi do a Superior Enchant Kindred at an
inherent +2 stealth?

The only reason I ever came up with this is because a very experienced
player told me so. My own initial answer would have been "NO".

Jibade el-Bahrawi
Clan: Ishtarri (group 4)
Capacity: 9
Disciplines: CEL DEM FOR PRE aus
Laibon: Jibade gets +1 stealth when recruiting, employing, or taking
an action to put a vampire in play. Allies and retainers cost him 1
less blood or pool.

Rarity: LoB:PI2

Thanks for helping!

Michael

LSJ

Nov 5, 2009, 6:43:24 AM11/5/09
Esteban wrote:
> Taking the chance of embarassing myself yet again, another stupid
> rules question.
>
> Are cards like Govern the Unanligned Superior (The Call,...)
> considered to be "actions to put vampires into play"?

No. Nothing in their card text says to put a vampire in play.

> Or more
> specific, would Jibade el-Bahrawi do a Superior Enchant Kindred at an
> inherent +2 stealth?

No.

> The only reason I ever came up with this is because a very experienced
> player told me so. My own initial answer would have been "NO".

Attaboy. Looks like you're now the master.

Morgan Vening

Nov 5, 2009, 8:09:17 AM11/5/09
On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 06:43:24 -0500, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
wrote:

What if Jibade goes Into the Fire, is given a Quietus Skill card. Does
he gain stealth for Undue Influence?

Morgan Vening
- "There's no such thing as a stupid question."
"Really?"
"Don't take it as a challenge."

LSJ

Nov 5, 2009, 8:19:50 AM11/5/09
Morgan Vening wrote:
> What if Jibade goes Into the Fire, is given a Quietus Skill card. Does
> he gain stealth for Undue Influence?

Only if that Undue Influence action will put a vampire into play.

Robert Scythe

Nov 5, 2009, 7:46:27 PM11/5/09
On Nov 5, 5:19 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Morgan Vening wrote:
> > What if Jibade goes Into the Fire, is given a Quietus Skill card. Does
> > he gain stealth for Undue Influence?

Was that a trick question since Into The Fire makes him Sabbat but he
still needs to be Anarch?

> Only if that Undue Influence action will put a vampire into play.

So, if Merged Lambach manages to meet the criteria he can untap. And
that final Undue cannot be done by a sterile Anarch vampire, eh?
That's funny.

Morgan Vening

Nov 5, 2009, 9:56:25 PM11/5/09
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:46:27 -0800 (PST), Robert Scythe
<tbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Nov 5, 5:19�am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Morgan Vening wrote:
>> > What if Jibade goes Into the Fire, is given a Quietus Skill card. Does
>> > he gain stealth for Undue Influence?
>
>Was that a trick question since Into The Fire makes him Sabbat but he
>still needs to be Anarch?

I messed up. For some reason I saw Laibon as a title (when it's
obviously Magaji that is), so sought to remove that first. Then there
would have been the 'go anarch in some way' step in there.

All in all, I ballsed up the example on specifics, but LSJ saw the
meaning.

>> Only if that Undue Influence action will put a vampire into play.
>
>So, if Merged Lambach manages to meet the criteria he can untap. And
>that final Undue cannot be done by a sterile Anarch vampire, eh?
>That's funny.

Very.

Morgan Vening