LSJ- Remnant of the Endless Storm

XZealot

May 28, 2010, 5:35:21 PM5/28/10
Remnant of the Endless Storm
Ally
Unique werewolf with 5 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed. Requires a magaji.
The Remnant gets +1 strength for each life it has. The Remnant may
enter combat with any minion as a (D) action. If any effect does more
than 2 damage to the Remnant, ignore the excess. If the Remnant has 4
or fewer life during your untap phase, it gains 1 life from the blood
bank.
6 pool

Are strikes included under effects?

LSJ

May 28, 2010, 8:33:54 PM5/28/10

Yes. Everything that has any effect is included.

Jonathan_Sicari

May 29, 2010, 11:22:24 AM5/29/10

Including the Argent Baton's burn 4 life as a ranged strike?

LSJ

May 29, 2010, 11:37:52 AM5/29/10
On May 29, 11:22 am, Jonathan_Sicari <jonathan_sic...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Are strikes included under effects?
> > Yes. Everything that has any effect is included.
>
> Including the Argent Baton's burn 4 life as a ranged strike?

How can that be seen as not covered by my answer above?

Blooded Sand

May 29, 2010, 12:33:26 PM5/29/10

The strike against a werewolf does not do damage but burns life, thus
could be xcluded from RotES's effect

Argent Baton
Type: Equipment
Unique melee weapon.
Strike: strength+1 damage. If the opposing minion is a werewolf, the
bearer can make a ranged strike to burn 4 life from that werewolf.

Jozxyqk

May 29, 2010, 1:02:38 PM5/29/10

Well, it isn't damage, is it?

LSJ

May 29, 2010, 8:47:39 PM5/29/10
On May 29, 12:33 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 5:37 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> > > Including the Argent Baton's burn 4 life as a ranged strike?
>
> > How can that be seen as not covered by my answer above?
>
> The strike against a werewolf does not do damage but burns life, thus
> could be xcluded from RotES's effect

True.

"All strikes are effects (that is, yes 'strikes' are included under
'effects') ", which indeed covers the true fact that the strike with
Argent Baton is an effect.

Naturally, any effect, strike or otherwise, that does't do damage
won't do more than two damage and therefore won't be among the effects
covered under Remnant's text, but that doesn't mean the strike in
question is not included under "effects".

LSJ

May 29, 2010, 8:48:39 PM5/29/10
On May 29, 1:02 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

No (card text).

But it is an "effect", as covered under "yes. Everything that has any
effect is included under 'effects'." above.

Blooded Sand

May 30, 2010, 7:24:37 AM5/30/10

So as AB is covered by the effects part, but not by the damage part,
does the strike from AB cause Remnant to burn 2 or 4 life?

suoli

May 30, 2010, 8:33:49 AM5/30/10

Looks pretty unambiguous to me. Argent Baton's life burning strike is
an effect (and included under the category of "effects") but not an
effect that interacts with the Remnant's text.