LSJ: Villein

Tetragrammaton

Nov 26, 2008, 4:55:21 PM11/26/08
In order to play the card, the target vampire *must* have
at least two blood to be taken off, or Villein can also be played on a
vampire with one or zero blood ?

thanks in advance

Emiliano

LSJ

Nov 26, 2008, 5:25:58 PM11/26/08
Tetragrammaton wrote:
> In order to play the card, the target vampire *must* have
> at least two blood to be taken off, or Villein can also be played on a
> vampire with one or zero blood ?

The latter. See also Drain Essence.

Malone

Nov 28, 2008, 10:23:23 AM11/28/08
On Nov 26, 5:25 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Tetragrammaton wrote:
> > In order to play the card, the target vampire *must* have
> > at least two blood to be taken off, orVilleincan also be played on a

> > vampire with one or zero blood ?
>
> The latter. See also Drain Essence.

I'm not sure I understand. The Drain Essence analogy is not explicit
enough for me (i.e. DE and Villein have rather different card text).

What happens if I put Villein on a vampire with 1 blood? (A) I put
the card on the vampire but the move blood part fizzles. (B) I put
the card on the vampire and move the one blood to my pool.

If (A) the Drain Essence analogy does not hold at all, so I assume
it's (B). Please confirm (or deny).

Darby Keeney

Nov 28, 2008, 10:43:53 AM11/28/08
On Nov 28, 8:23 am, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
> What happens if I put Villein on a vampire with 1 blood?  (A)  I put
> the card on the vampire but the move blood part fizzles. (B)  I put
> the card on the vampire and move the one blood to my pool.

(B). You put Villein on the vampire, and move 2 blood. Since the
amount of blood available is less than the amount that is specified by
the effect, you move all that you can.

It's the same way that Theft of Vitae or Drain Essence work in combat
when the opposing vampire has less blood than the strike steals. You
are not prohibited from playing the strike, you simply move the amount
of blood that is available.