LSJ - Claiming the Body and Psyche!

librarian

Dec 9, 2009, 1:02:58 AM12/9/09
Can either minion (acting minion or blocking minion) play
Psyche! after a Claiming the Body has been played? I think
no because combat is canceled...

best -

chris

[LoB:C]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Sanguinus
Requires a ready untapped Blood Brother of the same circle
as another one who has just been blocked.
[san] Cancel the combat and end the action. (Do not untap
the blocking minion.)
[SAN] As above, and untap the acting Blood Brother.
Artist: Peter Bergting

Psyche! [Jyhad:U, VTES:U, FN:PA2, CE:U/PB, KMW:PAl2,
Third:U, KoT:U/PB3/PT3]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Celerity
[cel] Press.
[CEL] Only usable at the end of combat when both combatants
are still ready. Begin another combat with the opposing minion.
Artist: Jeff Menges; Eric Lofgren

Vincent

Dec 9, 2009, 3:10:32 AM12/9/09

As you may have noticed, Claiming the Body is an action modifier card,
which is played before combat. There's no window to play Psyche! at
that time.

LSJ

Dec 9, 2009, 6:23:06 AM12/9/09
On 12/9/09 3:10 , Vincent wrote:

> On 9 d�c, 07:02, librarian<aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
>> Can either minion (acting minion or blocking minion) play
>> Psyche! after a Claiming the Body has been played? I think
>> no because combat is canceled...
>>
> As you may have noticed, Claiming the Body is an action modifier card,
> which is played before combat. There's no window to play Psyche! at
> that time.

Correct. No combat = no Psyche!