Question about Quickness

gang...@my-deja.com

Dec 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/5/00
If i have a blur and a quickness in my hand, i can :
play the blur, see if my oponent is always ready and then play
quickness ?
Or should i play blur and quickness at the same time ?

thanks for your thoughts.
F.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Xian

Dec 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/5/00

<gang...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:90j290$6t4$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> If i have a blur and a quickness in my hand, i can :
> play the blur, see if my oponent is always ready and then play
> quickness ?
> Or should i play blur and quickness at the same time ?

According to the rulebook, [6.4.3] "A minion cannot use more than one card or
effect to gain additional strikes per round of combat." If we assume superior
celerity (as the question is moot with inferior celerity) I am pretty sure
that it doesn't matter which you play first. You could play Blur first, then
play the Quickness for one more srike, or you could play Quickness first, and
then Blur after that. I *suppose* you could play them both at the same time,
but I would personally wait and see if the opponent has any more tricks, like
a Skin of Steel or anything before playing both.

Of course, IANALSJ. Though I've been doing an okay impersonation recently.

Quickness [Sabbat, SW]
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Celerity
Additional strike.
(S) As above, but this additional strike card does not count against this
vampire's additional strike effect limit for this round. A vampire may only
play one Quickness each round.

Xian

--
I'd tell the world and save my soul, But rain falls down and I feel cold.
A cold that sleeps within my heart, It tears the earth and sun apart.

Totengraber

Dec 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/5/00
In article <kX8X5.280$Ep3....@news.uswest.net>,

I would think you'd _have_to play the Quickness first, or else your
Blur would count as your additional strike, thus no opportunity to add
Quickness.

TAD

--
"How can you call me evil? Have you spoken to God today? What did he
say?"

Reyda

Dec 5, 2000, 7:15:23 PM12/5/00

> > <gang...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:90j290$6t4
> $1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > If i have a blur and a quickness in my hand, i can :
> > > play the blur, see if my oponent is always ready and then play
> > > quickness ?
> > > Or should i play blur and quickness at the same time ?

Play them at the same time (which one comes first does'nt matter) just after
the strike resolution. You can't play cards to gain another additional
strike after the resolution of your additional strikes.
Example: you can't blur, wait to see if your opponent doesn't blur herself
and then play quickness to gain an extra additional. Neither can you until
wait damage prevention phase.

reyda

LSJ

Dec 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/6/00
"Reyda" <re...@noos.fr> wrote:
> > > <gang...@my-deja.com> wrote

> Play them at the same time (which one comes first does'nt matter) just
> after the strike resolution. You can't play cards to gain another
> additional strike after the resolution of your additional strikes.

Resolve the pending additional strikes before gaining any further
additional strikes (note that this is only applicable to superior
Quickness and Jacko, given the standard restriction on
additional-strike-gaining effects).

They may be played in either order, though.

> Example: you can't blur, wait to see if your opponent doesn't blur
> herself and then play quickness to gain an extra additional. Neither
> can you until wait damage prevention phase.

You wait until after the strike resolution of all of your
currently-available strike before gaining any additional strikes.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/