Is this legal play?

Claudio Falcao

Jan 14, 2009, 1:57:07 AM1/14/09
A minion with a Bundi, plays Immortal Grapple. Can he play Brute Force
as a melee strike or must he play it as a hand strike?

Bundi
Type: Equipment
Cost: 2 pool
Melee weapon.
Strike: hand strike for strength+1 damage. (This strike is both a hand
strike and a melee weapon strike). Bearer may prevent 1 damage from
each melee weapon strike made against him or her.

Brute Force
Type: Combat
Requires: Potence
Do not replace until after combat.
[pot] Strike: hand strike at +1 damage or use a melee weapon strike at
+2 damage.
[POT] Strike: hand strike at +2 damage or use a melee weapon strike at
+3 damage.

Immortal Grapple
Type: Combat
Requires: Potence
Only usable at close range before strikes are chosen. Grapple.
[pot] Strikes that are not hand strikes may not be used this round (by
either combatant). A vampire may play only one Immortal Grapple each
round.
[POT] As above, with an optional press. If another round of combat
occurs, that round is at close range; skip the determine range step
for that round.

Blooded Sand

Jan 14, 2009, 3:53:56 AM1/14/09

IANLSJ, but as he is using BF to strike with Bundi, it should be a
legal strike. The strike is made with Bundi, and Bundi's strike
satisfies IG's criteria

LSJ

Jan 14, 2009, 6:23:19 AM1/14/09
Blooded Sand wrote:
> On Jan 14, 7:57 am, Claudio Falcao <chfal...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> A minion with a Bundi, plays Immortal Grapple. Can he play Brute Force
>> as a melee strike or must he play it as a hand strike?

> IANLSJ, but as he is using BF to strike with Bundi, it should be a

> legal strike. The strike is made with Bundi, and Bundi's strike
> satisfies IG's criteria

Correct. Brute Force-Bundi is a hand strike, so it is permitted under Immortal
Grapple.

ira...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2009, 7:24:30 AM1/14/09

It is clear to me that you can play Brute Force to modify a Bundi
strike under Immortal Grapple, but are you playing Brute Force at POT
using the +2 strength hand strike (which would be possible with a
Bundi) or the +3 strength melee weapon strike (which might not be
possible under Immortal Grapple)? i.e. +2 strength hand strike, or +3
strength melee weapon strike?

Thanks,
Ira

LSJ

Jan 14, 2009, 7:59:17 AM1/14/09
ira...@gmail.com wrote:
> It is clear to me that you can play Brute Force to modify a Bundi
> strike under Immortal Grapple, but are you playing Brute Force at POT
> using the +2 strength hand strike (which would be possible with a
> Bundi) or the +3 strength melee weapon strike (which might not be
> possible under Immortal Grapple)? i.e. +2 strength hand strike, or +3
> strength melee weapon strike?

Brute Force + Bundi is only possible using the latter.

Brute Force at superior is either:

Strike: hand strike at +2 damage

or

Strike: use a melee weapon at +3 damage.

The former is its own strike and cannot be used to modify any other hand strike
(so no stacking Bundi with Blood Fury, for example). It cannot be used with Bundi.

The latter cannot be used on its own; it must be used to modify a melee weapon
strike. It can be used with Bundi, which is a melee weapon. The Bundi strike is
a hand strike, so it can be used under Immortal Grapple.