LSJ: Putrefaction x infernal/Sensory Deprivation

已查看 20 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Fabio 'Sooner' Macedo

未读,
2005年11月23日 07:27:192005/11/23
收件人
Another good question a player sent me:

Putrefaction says "Put this card on the opposing minion. (...) He or
she may burn this card instead of untapping as normal during his or her
untap phase".

What happens if that minion happens to be infernal or is under the
effects of a doesn't-untap-as-normal cards such as Sensory Deprivation?
Is he/she prohibited from burning Putrefaction during the untap phase
(since he/she doesn't have the option to untap as normal, he/she can't
burn the card INSTEAD of untapping as normal)? Or since he/she doesn't
untap as normal anyway, he/she can burn the card? I'd say the former.

Putrefaction
Type: Combat
Requires: Thanatosis/Presence
Cost: 1 blood
[pre] Strike: combat ends.
[thn] Strike: 1 damage. Put this card on the opposing minion. The
minion with this card has -1 stealth. He or she may burn this card
instead of untapping as normal during his or her untap phase. A minion
may have only one Putrefaction.
[THN] As [thn] above, and this minion takes 1 unpreventable damage when
he or she strikes in combat or takes an action. The minion with this
card may choose not to strike during the Choose Strike step of combat.

Fabio 'Sooner' Macedo

LSJ

未读,
2005年11月23日 08:09:042005/11/23
收件人
Fabio 'Sooner' Macedo wrote:
> Putrefaction says "Put this card on the opposing minion. (...) He or
> she may burn this card instead of untapping as normal during his or her
> untap phase".
>
> What happens if that minion happens to be infernal or is under the
> effects of a doesn't-untap-as-normal cards such as Sensory Deprivation?
> Is he/she prohibited from burning Putrefaction during the untap phase
> (since he/she doesn't have the option to untap as normal, he/she can't
> burn the card INSTEAD of untapping as normal)? Or since he/she doesn't
> untap as normal anyway, he/she can burn the card? I'd say the former.

Correct.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/06b0f20417e0e8d4

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

Fabio 'Sooner' Macedo

未读,
2005年11月23日 11:57:022005/11/23
收件人
LSJ wrote:
> > What happens if that minion happens to be infernal or is under the
> > effects of a doesn't-untap-as-normal cards such as Sensory Deprivation?
> > Is he/she prohibited from burning Putrefaction during the untap phase
> > (since he/she doesn't have the option to untap as normal, he/she can't
> > burn the card INSTEAD of untapping as normal)? Or since he/she doesn't
> > untap as normal anyway, he/she can burn the card? I'd say the former.
>
> Correct.
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/06b0f20417e0e8d4

Fata Amria? Hmmm. Never noticed that clause on the card.

Now I know why my search on the matter returned no results. I'd NEVER
remember to correlate Putrefaction to Fata Amria... ;-)

Many thanks!

Fabio 'Sooner' Macedo

Name Withheld

未读,
2005年11月24日 01:40:142005/11/24
收件人
Fabio 'Sooner' Macedo <fabio....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Hmm, but while an infernal minion can't get rid of putrefaction because she
can't untap "as normal" the phrase "as normal" isn't on Fata Amria - it just
says "may burn this card during his or her untap phase instead of
untapping." So I would think an Infernal minion could get rid of Fata Amria
by you burning a pool. Am I right?

NW

LSJ

未读,
2005年11月24日 07:22:072005/11/24
收件人
Name Withheld wrote:
> Hmm, but while an infernal minion can't get rid of putrefaction because she
> can't untap "as normal" the phrase "as normal" isn't on Fata Amria - it just
> says "may burn this card during his or her untap phase instead of
> untapping." So I would think an Infernal minion could get rid of Fata Amria
> by you burning a pool. Am I right?

Time was when infernals did untap as normal (and then their controllers
paid a pool to keep them untapped).

Now that's no longer the case.

So while an infernal would be stuck with Putrefaction (which uses "as normal"),
he could shake Fata Amria (or Riddle Phantastique, or even Left for Dead for
infernal allies). Putrefaction is the only one (that I found with a brief
search) that uses "as normal".

That said, it probably should match the others. I'll put it on the list for
RT review.

0 个新帖子