LSJ - A slightly harder question to ease my mind

hamd...@my-deja.com

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
Looking at James' question (Spying Mission / Telepathic counter) brings
up another niggle I just want to check - at what point do you have to
declare Deflections / Redirections / Telepathic Misdirections / My
Enemy's Enemy?

I mean:

1)We were playing and I attempted a bleed. Prey X said "I am not
blocking", so out came the conditioning. Then he plays (legitimately) a
Deflection card. Does it count as a block/attempted block?

2)If it is NOT a block, does that mean anyone waking with Forced
Awakening and bouncing has to pay a blood, because they failed to block?

Much appreciated

Dave

UGPFW

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

LSJ

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
hamd...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Looking at James' question (Spying Mission / Telepathic counter)
> brings up another niggle I just want to check - at what point
> do you have to declare Deflections / Redirections / Telepathic
> Misdirections / My Enemy's Enemy?

Before you burn blood for the bleed (or before the bleed
resolves, in other words).

> I mean:
>
> 1)We were playing and I attempted a bleed. Prey X said "I am not
> blocking", so out came the conditioning. Then he plays (legitimately)
> a Deflection card. Does it count as a block/attempted block?

No. It is not a block, nor is it an attempt to block (both of which
would be prohibited, since he has already declined to block).

> 2)If it is NOT a block, does that mean anyone waking with Forced
> Awakening and bouncing has to pay a blood, because they failed to
> block?

Yes.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:

david hathorn

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00

On Fri, 5 May 2000, LSJ wrote:

> > 2)If it is NOT a block, does that mean anyone waking with Forced
> > Awakening and bouncing has to pay a blood, because they failed to
> > block?
>
> Yes.

but not right away, not until the action is completed, right?

LSJ

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00

No, right away. Burn a blood as soon as the reacting (waking) vampire's
controller succeeds in blocking (with another minion) or declares that
she is not blocking.

Declaring that one is not blocking is implicit in playing Deflection (unlike
playing Telepathic Counter). [LSJ 30-AUG-1999]