[LSJ][Ruling] Enkil Cog

enk...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2009, 11:39:56 AM3/29/09
Greetings Everyone,

I have a question regarding the Enkil Cog since I have seen two ways
of playing it. I believe one of them is false ; here it goes :

Enkil Cog
Type: Action Modifier
Requires: capacity 10
Requires a vampire of capacity 10 or more. Unique.
Only usable when this vampire successfully bleeds your prey (play
after resolution). Put this card on this vampire. During any
Methuselah's minion phase, this vampire may tap this card to attempt
an action. This vampire has +1 bleed.

May the vampire with Enkil Cog play an action by tapping the Enkil Cog
if he (the vampire) is already tapped ?

I think that the vampire must be "legally" allowed to perform an
action (meaning : being untapped) if he wants to act during another
minion phase by tapping the Enkil Cog, but I saw players doing
otherwise (meaning : act with a vampire already tapped by tapping the
Enkil Cog)

Which one is right ?

Best,
--
SeB / Enkahel

LSJ

Mar 29, 2009, 12:08:55 PM3/29/09
enk...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a question regarding the Enkil Cog since I have seen two ways
> of playing it. I believe one of them is false ; here it goes :
>
> Enkil Cog
> Type: Action Modifier
> Requires: capacity 10
> Requires a vampire of capacity 10 or more. Unique.
> Only usable when this vampire successfully bleeds your prey (play
> after resolution). Put this card on this vampire. During any
> Methuselah's minion phase, this vampire may tap this card to attempt
> an action. This vampire has +1 bleed.
>
> May the vampire with Enkil Cog play an action by tapping the Enkil Cog
> if he (the vampire) is already tapped ?

If the action can be taken by a tapped vampire (e.g., Force of Will), yes.
Otherwise, no.

> I think that the vampire must be "legally" allowed to perform an
> action (meaning : being untapped) if he wants to act during another
> minion phase by tapping the Enkil Cog

Correct. The vampire must meet the requirements of the action.

If it requires Dominate, he must have Dominate.
If it requires an untapped vampire, he must be untapped.

jason...@iinet.net.au

Mar 29, 2009, 8:52:12 PM3/29/09

I honestly think this is 3/4 of the reason why this card sells for
such mind-boggling amounts on Ebay. Folks just don't know how it
works.

I mean it's good, but US$35 good? Naaaah.

jase

gra...@hotmail.com

Mar 29, 2009, 9:16:38 PM3/29/09

Is any card worth that much? Maybe I just value my $$ too much.?

--> J
grail_pbem "at" hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/grail_j