Question: Illusions and votes...

15 vues

Kulaid

non lue,
18 avr. 2003, 17:12:1718/04/2003
I've been doing a google search on this subject...

Illusions states that titles don't contest... But what if you wanna use
the votes? IE you amaranth with an illusions... Can you use the votes
to burn the illusions rather then have him POOF? Especially if it's a
title you already have? Somebody posted an idea with arika (which I
think I did improve on) If arika sends somebody to torpor and lived...
And you play Amaranth, can you use the illusion's votes... PLUS the
real arika's votes to vote her burnt in the blood hunt?!?

http://web2news.com/?rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad

John Keech

non lue,
18 avr. 2003, 20:32:3018/04/2003
I'm not too sure on this subject, but isn't Illusions of the Kindred a
Combat card? The new vampire burns (or otherwise disappears) after
combat, so she doesn't get her chance to contribute her votes to a new
referendum. Even if she did manage to diablerise in a combat, a blood
hunt would be pointless, as she is about to be removed from play (or
even the game) in any case...

Bearing this in mind, if you are going to use Arika to diablerise
minions in combat then I would weight the deck towards using lots of
Ritual of the bitter rose...

The Lasombra

non lue,
18 avr. 2003, 20:37:4518/04/2003
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:12:17 +0200, "Kulaid"
<kulaid.ne...@web2news.net> wrote:

>Illusions states that titles don't contest... But what if you wanna use
>the votes?

You can't vote during combat.

>IE you amaranth with an illusions... Can you use the votes
>to burn the illusions rather then have him POOF?

No.
As soon as the amaranth resolves, the combat ends and the vampire is
removed. There is no blood hunt opportunity on illusionary vampires.

>If arika sends somebody to torpor and lived...
>And you play Amaranth, can you use the illusion's votes... PLUS the
>real arika's votes to vote her burnt in the blood hunt?!?

No.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Brian Skelly

non lue,
18 avr. 2003, 23:55:3318/04/2003
"Kulaid" <kulaid.ne...@web2news.net> wrote in message news:<2555...@web2news.com>...

> I've been doing a google search on this subject...
>
> Illusions states that titles don't contest... But what if you wanna use
> the votes? IE you amaranth with an illusions... Can you use the votes
> to burn the illusions rather then have him POOF?

The Illusion dissapears before the Blood Hunt vote can be called (you
cant call a vote on a Ghost, or a vampire that doesnt exist for that
matter)... so there is no Blood Hunt.

-- Brian Skelly
Local Player, Adelaide V:EKN
http://adelaide.vekn.org

LSJ

non lue,
19 avr. 2003, 06:29:1719/04/2003
John Keech wrote:
> I'm not too sure on this subject, but isn't Illusions of the Kindred a
> Combat card? The new vampire burns (or otherwise disappears) after
> combat, so she doesn't get her chance to contribute her votes to a new
> referendum. Even if she did manage to diablerise in a combat, a blood
> hunt would be pointless, as she is about to be removed from play (or
> even the game) in any case...

The blood hunt referendum in the case of Amaranth is handled in combat
(but separate from the combat). Just like the referendum for a blood
hunt from a diablerie action is handled in the action (but separate
from the action).
[LSJ 09-AUG-2001]
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B72E442.38D6C555%40white-wolf.com

It's not pointless if you can benefit from the vampire being the ash heap.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ

non lue,
19 avr. 2003, 06:30:3819/04/2003
Kulaid wrote:
> I've been doing a google search on this subject...
>
> Illusions states that titles don't contest... But what if you wanna use
> the votes? IE you amaranth with an illusions... Can you use the votes
> to burn the illusions rather then have him POOF? Especially if it's a
> title you already have?

You can use them, even if the title duplicates a contestable one that one
of your other vampires holds. The titles don't contest, as you note.

You can cast them to burn the diablerist or to save him, your choice.

If he burns in the blood hunt, then he doesn't get removed from the game
at the end of combat.

Alf Behrends

non lue,
2 mai 2003, 09:46:1902/05/2003
> The blood hunt referendum in the case of Amaranth is handled in combat
> (but separate from the combat). Just like the referendum for a blood
> hunt from a diablerie action is handled in the action (but separate
> from the action).

Is there room to play Ritual of the Bitter Rose before the
Blood Hunt is dealt with?

Cheers, Alf
___________________________
VEKN Prince of Braunschweig
Germany
___________________________
Smudge: I bleed you.
Ohanna: I block. Obedience. Play at home, littl'un.

LSJ

non lue,
2 mai 2003, 09:55:0002/05/2003
Alf Behrends wrote:
> Is there room to play Ritual of the Bitter Rose before the
> Blood Hunt is dealt with?

Yes. Ritual of the Bitter Rose is played prior to the blood hunt.
[LSJ 29-AUG-2002]

Google: "Ritual Blood Hunt author:LSJ" (sort by date, show all).

0 nouveau message