[LSJ] Darkling Trickery Question

7 vues

John P.

non lue,
18 oct. 2002, 02:09:5118/10/2002
Darkling Trickery:

Card Text:
[obt] Press, only usable to end combat.
[myt] Maneuver or press.
[MYT] Only usable when the opposing minion attempts to strike
with a weapon that does ranged damage. The damage from that
weapon is reduced to zero. The opposing minion takes 1 additional
damage during strike resolution.

Question 1: (All refer to superior MYT)
Minion A strikes at long with .44
Minion B responds with Darkling Trickery, and some long range strike
Minion A Blurs and strikes twice more with gun

Does the Darkling Trickery affect additional strikes (guessing no)

Question 2 (on assumption of "no" to question 1)
Can minion B play darkling trickery again each strike? (guessing yes)

Question 3 (unrelated to Darkling Trickery)
There is no restriction against using multiple Psyche! at superior in
successive combats is there?

Thanks,
-JTP

LSJ

non lue,
18 oct. 2002, 07:41:1018/10/2002
"John P." wrote:
> Darkling Trickery:

> [MYT] Only usable when the opposing minion attempts to strike
> with a weapon that does ranged damage. The damage from that
> weapon is reduced to zero. The opposing minion takes 1 additional
> damage during strike resolution.
>
> Question 1: (All refer to superior MYT)
> Minion A strikes at long with .44
> Minion B responds with Darkling Trickery, and some long range strike
> Minion A Blurs and strikes twice more with gun
>
> Does the Darkling Trickery affect additional strikes (guessing no)

Correct.

> Question 2 (on assumption of "no" to question 1)
> Can minion B play darkling trickery again each strike? (guessing yes)

Correct.

> Question 3 (unrelated to Darkling Trickery)
> There is no restriction against using multiple Psyche! at superior in
> successive combats is there?

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Luis Duarte

non lue,
18 oct. 2002, 08:27:0318/10/2002
"John P." <verg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<PANr9.532391$v53.22...@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> Darkling Trickery:
>
> Card Text:
> [obt] Press, only usable to end combat.
> [myt] Maneuver or press.
> [MYT] Only usable when the opposing minion attempts to strike
> with a weapon that does ranged damage. The damage from that
> weapon is reduced to zero. The opposing minion takes 1 additional
> damage during strike resolution.
>
> Question 1: (All refer to superior MYT)
> Minion A strikes at long with .44
> Minion B responds with Darkling Trickery, and some long range strike
> Minion A Blurs and strikes twice more with gun
>
> Does the Darkling Trickery affect additional strikes (guessing no)

No. DT doesn't state that its effect is up for this round.

> > Question 2 (on assumption of "no" to question 1)
> Can minion B play darkling trickery again each strike? (guessing yes)

Yes.

I have a question regarding to this: can i play several Darkling Trickery
in response of a single gun R strike?

> Question 3 (unrelated to Darkling Trickery)
> There is no restriction against using multiple Psyche! at superior in
> successive combats is there?

No. You can have something like this:
Minion A plays S:CE.
Minion B punches in the air.
Combat Ends. Minion B plays Psyche!.
Minion A plays S:CE again.
Minion B punches in the air again.
Combat Ends. Minion B plays Psyche!.
Minion A makes a hand strike.
Minion B plays Undead Strength, Blur, US, US.

.- Luis Duarte
- - -
Powerbase:Lisbon-[http://planeta.clix.pt/vampire]

LSJ

non lue,
18 oct. 2002, 08:33:0818/10/2002
Luis Duarte wrote:
> "John P." <verg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Darkling Trickery:

> > [MYT] Only usable when the opposing minion attempts to strike
> > with a weapon that does ranged damage. The damage from that
> > weapon is reduced to zero. The opposing minion takes 1 additional
> > damage during strike resolution.

> > Can minion B play darkling trickery again each strike? (guessing yes)

> Yes.
>
> I have a question regarding to this: can i play several Darkling Trickery
> in response of a single gun R strike?

No. After the first, the weapon will no longer be doing ranged damage.

Robert Scythe

non lue,
18 oct. 2002, 14:40:1018/10/2002
"John P." <verg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<PANr9.532391$v53.22...@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> Darkling Trickery:
>
> Card Text:
> [obt] Press, only usable to end combat.
> [myt] Maneuver or press.
> [MYT] Only usable when the opposing minion attempts to strike
> with a weapon that does ranged damage. The damage from that
> weapon is reduced to zero. The opposing minion takes 1 additional
> damage during strike resolution.
>
> Question 1: (All refer to superior MYT)
> Minion A strikes at long with .44
> Minion B responds with Darkling Trickery, and some long range strike
> Minion A Blurs and strikes twice more with gun
>
> Does the Darkling Trickery affect additional strikes (guessing no)

You guess correctly

> Question 2 (on assumption of "no" to question 1)
> Can minion B play darkling trickery again each strike? (guessing yes)

Your guess again is correct

> Question 3 (unrelated to Darkling Trickery)
> There is no restriction against using multiple Psyche! at superior in
> successive combats is there?

No

> Thanks,
> -JTP