Chain of Command questions [LSJ]

Malone

Mar 17, 2009, 12:57:16 PM3/17/09
(1) During my predator's turn, my Nefertiti uses the Cog to play
Chain of Command to bring out 3 Aabbt Kindred.

Chain of Command
+1 stealth action.
[dom] Put X younger vampires from your uncontrolled region in play
with 1 blood from the blood bank each (and with any blood they already
have). You cannot choose any unique vampires already in play. Those
vampires must bleed. When one of them bleeds successfully, or when all
that can bleed have, move them all to the bottom of your crypt.
[DOM] As above, but move X+1 younger vampires.

Do the Aabbt Kindred then perform their mandatory bleed on my turn?

I pray for a YES, but I guess that the "all that can bleed" has an
implicit 'this turn'.

(2) The Madness Network is in play.

Madness Network
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Untapped Malkavians can take actions in any
Methuselah's minion phase (follow normal sequencing rules). Any minion
can burn this card as an action that any untapped Malkavian (in
addition to the normally eligible blockers) can attempt to block.

During my prey's turn, Gilbert Duane plays CoC to bring out Ohanna,
Didi Myers and Zebulon. Are they required to bleed that turn, or may
they choose not to act at all?

My guess is that they may choose not to act, based on previous posts
I've found about empty Malks not having to hunt off-turn. (I have to
admit that wading thru the stuff I found when searching Madness
Network Mandatory was as confusing as it was informative.) Assuming
this, and if the answer to #1 is, 'No, the Aabbt Kindred burn
immediately because they cannot bleed that turn,' then what is the
fate of the CoC Malks who choose not to bleed? They qualify for "all
that can bleed", even if it does come with an implicit 'this turn'.

Now suppose my prey, in response to Gilbert's CoC, wants to have her
still-untapped Frederick the Weak burn the Network. Who has priority
to act -- Frederick because it is his controller's turn, or the Malks
because their actions are mandatory?

(3) My Alonso Petrodon plays CoC (on my turn) to bring out Rabbat and
Harold Tanner. Rabbat attempts to bleed, gets blocked, and after
combat plays Freak Drive. May she then hunt before Harold bleeds?

(I'm pretty sure the answer here must be YES. There's no reason for
one mandatory action to take precedent over another.)

Malone

Mar 17, 2009, 1:14:42 PM3/17/09
I did more searching and have found answers to most of my Q's (the
Aabbts would burn immediately because they cannot bleed; the Malks
would burn as soon as the minion phase ends, as they cannot bleed),
but I'm still unsure of this one:

LSJ

Mar 17, 2009, 1:25:25 PM3/17/09

Frederick's controller has the priority. He may attempt to burn the Madness
Network. If successful, the CoC malks will return to the crypt.

The Malk's mandatory Madness Network actions are not compulsory "off-turn", as
you note (not having to hunt off-turn, e.g.).

Kushiel

Mar 17, 2009, 1:27:15 PM3/17/09
On Mar 17, 12:57 pm, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
> (3)  My Alonso Petrodon plays CoC (on my turn) to bring out Rabbat and
> Harold Tanner.  Rabbat attempts to bleed, gets blocked, and after
> combat plays Freak Drive.  May she then hunt before Harold bleeds?

Rabbat can't attempt (D) actions.

John Eno

henrik

Mar 17, 2009, 1:30:03 PM3/17/09
On Mar 17, 6:14 pm, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
> I did more searching and have found answers to most of my Q's (the
> Aabbts would burn immediately because they cannot bleed; the Malks
> would burn as soon as the minion phase ends, as they cannot bleed),

Might be worth mentioning that they don't actually burn, but is just
moved back into the crypt.
You probably know since you posted card text in your first post, but
reading cards the way we want them to be is common so I thought I'd
notify just in case :)

Malone

Mar 17, 2009, 5:33:27 PM3/17/09

Yes, thanks, I did know but was being sloppy... and I am not beyond
confusing myself once I get sloppy...