Ahriman's Demesne vs undead persistence

11 vues

gabusanvtes

non lue,
8 juin 2004, 06:29:0608/06/2004
Could a vampire survive an "Ahriman Demesne" at superior by playing
Undead Persistence at inferior?

LSJ

non lue,
8 juin 2004, 11:34:3608/06/2004
gpa...@hotmail.com (gabusanvtes) wrote:
> Could a vampire survive an "Ahriman Demesne" at superior by playing
> Undead Persistence at inferior?

No. With Ahriman's Demesne, you're not going to torpor, so you don't
meet the requirements for Undead Persistence.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
8 juin 2004, 11:54:5908/06/2004

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> gpa...@hotmail.com (gabusanvtes) wrote:
> > Could a vampire survive an "Ahriman Demesne" at superior by playing
> > Undead Persistence at inferior?
>
> No. With Ahriman's Demesne, you're not going to torpor, so you don't
> meet the requirements for Undead Persistence.

It looks to me like when you resolve the Ahriman's Demesne 1R aggravated
damage, you have Ahriman's Demesne trying to replace "go to torpor" with
"burn", but Undead Persistence is at the same time trying to replace "go
to torpor" with "will not go to torpor until combat ends". Why does
Ahriman's win? Is it because as soon as the Ahriman's strike resolves
uncanceled, it is replacing "would go to torpor during this strike
resolution" with "burned"?

It seems like it could be a sequencing issue: that when the unprevented
damage is applied from Ahriman's, the acting minion gets the first
chance to replace the normal "wounded vampire goes to torpor" with a
replacement effect (either Ahriman's or Undead Persistence, depending on
who is the acting minion). But it doesn't sound like that's what you're
saying here?

Josh

undeadly

LSJ

non lue,
8 juin 2004, 17:43:4908/06/2004
Joshua Duffin wrote:

> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>>No. With Ahriman's Demesne, you're not going to torpor, so you don't
>>meet the requirements for Undead Persistence.
>
> It looks to me like when you resolve the Ahriman's Demesne 1R aggravated
> damage, you have Ahriman's Demesne trying to replace "go to torpor" with
> "burn", but Undead Persistence is at the same time trying to replace "go
> to torpor" with "will not go to torpor until combat ends". Why does
> Ahriman's win? Is it because as soon as the Ahriman's strike resolves
> uncanceled, it is replacing "would go to torpor during this strike
> resolution" with "burned"?

AD isn't "trying to replace" - it has replaced.
UP isn't "at the same time trying" - it hasn't been played.

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
9 juin 2004, 10:12:5809/06/2004

> Joshua Duffin wrote:
> > "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> >>No. With Ahriman's Demesne, you're not going to torpor, so you don't
> >>meet the requirements for Undead Persistence.
> >
> > It looks to me like when you resolve the Ahriman's Demesne 1R
aggravated
> > damage, you have Ahriman's Demesne trying to replace "go to torpor"
with
> > "burn", but Undead Persistence is at the same time trying to replace
"go
> > to torpor" with "will not go to torpor until combat ends". Why does
> > Ahriman's win? Is it because as soon as the Ahriman's strike
resolves
> > uncanceled, it is replacing "would go to torpor during this strike
> > resolution" with "burned"?
>
> AD isn't "trying to replace" - it has replaced.
>
> UP isn't "at the same time trying" - it hasn't been played.

OK, so Ahriman's Demesne isn't like an effect that will pop up during
strike resolution and say (if that vampire enters a "go to torpor"
state) "burn that vampire now". It's an effect that has already said
"instead of entering a "go to torpor" state, that vampire will be burned
instead." Yeah?

Thanks.

Josh

master of my demesne