LSJ-yet another temptation question...

6 vues

Dimple

non lue,
20 juin 2002, 17:38:3520/06/2002
Hi !
reyda said you cannot burn 0 counters on a temptation card to untap a
tempted vampire. Was he right ?

Thank you =)

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
20 juin 2002, 18:53:3120/06/2002

"Dimple" <dimple_...@yhaoo.fr> wrote in message

> Hi !
> reyda said you cannot burn 0 counters on a temptation card to untap a
> tempted vampire. Was he right ?

No. You can, as long as the vampire has 0 blood. This
won't get you a whole lot of untaps as long as the "vampires
at 0 blood must hunt and can't do anything else" rule exists,
though. :-)

ps - works for Form of Corruption, too.

Josh

zero is a number

LSJ

non lue,
21 juin 2002, 07:39:2421/06/2002
Joshua Duffin wrote:
> "Dimple" <dimple_...@yhaoo.fr> wrote in message
> > reyda said you cannot burn 0 counters on a temptation card to untap a
> > tempted vampire. Was he right ?
>
> No. You can, as long as the vampire has 0 blood. This
> won't get you a whole lot of untaps as long as the "vampires
> at 0 blood must hunt and can't do anything else" rule exists,
> though. :-)
>
> ps - works for Form of Corruption, too.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Hollowboy

non lue,
25 juin 2002, 03:02:2325/06/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3D13106C...@white-wolf.com>...

> Joshua Duffin wrote:
> > "Dimple" <dimple_...@yhaoo.fr> wrote in message
> > > reyda said you cannot burn 0 counters on a temptation card to untap a
> > > tempted vampire. Was he right ?
> >
> > No. You can, as long as the vampire has 0 blood. This
> > won't get you a whole lot of untaps as long as the "vampires
> > at 0 blood must hunt and can't do anything else" rule exists,
> > though. :-)
> >
> > ps - works for Form of Corruption, too.
>
> Correct.

RE: "This won't get you a whole lot of untaps"

I don't think the hunt is the biggest problem. A couple of very easy
ways to get around it would be via Media Influence, or Heidelberg
Castle. *Any* temptation deck can use the castle to good effect - use
it to drain vampires that you 'borrow'. Damn good.

A trickier method would be to get Pier 13, and keep grabbing Blood
Tears with it.

The real limit to the untaps (I think) is that you can only untap once
per turn with each temptation.

Hollowboy

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
25 juin 2002, 10:14:3025/06/2002

"Hollowboy" <icantbelievehollow...@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:614f2a39.02062...@posting.google.com...

> RE: "This won't get you a whole lot of untaps"

> I don't think the hunt is the biggest problem. A couple of very easy
> ways to get around it would be via Media Influence, or Heidelberg
> Castle. *Any* temptation deck can use the castle to good effect - use
> it to drain vampires that you 'borrow'. Damn good.
>
> A trickier method would be to get Pier 13, and keep grabbing Blood
> Tears with it.
>
> The real limit to the untaps (I think) is that you can only untap once
> per turn with each temptation.

You're right, of course; I was forgetting while posting that
the "during X do Y" template that Temptation uses only lets
you do Y (take control/untap) once per X (minion phase).

Good ideas on ways to get around that if there weren't such
a limitation, though Heidelberg is only usable once a turn
and Pier 13 is during influence phase (so not usable to get
more actions).

Josh

tempting, tempting...

Chris Arthur

non lue,
25 juin 2002, 23:27:2725/06/2002
[snip]

> RE: "This won't get you a whole lot of untaps"
>
> I don't think the hunt is the biggest problem. A couple of very easy
> ways to get around it would be via Media Influence,

You can't use Media Influence to get around the problem due to 6.

"Any time during a Methuselah's minion phase that one of her ready
untapped vampires is empty (and not otherwise prohibited from
hunting), he must hunt immediately, before any other action is taken
by any minion."

Chris.

Tom, Mad & Co

non lue,
26 juin 2002, 04:34:4626/06/2002

> A trickier method would be to get Pier 13, and keep grabbing Blood
> Tears with it.

Pier 13 works only during influence phase and is a unique equipment, so you
are not able to equip them via pier 13. You can use vast wealth instead.

Hollowboy

non lue,
28 juin 2002, 02:44:1528/06/2002
chr...@comcen.com.au (Chris Arthur) wrote in message news:<5a63bace.02062...@posting.google.com>...

Chris, we were talking about multiple untaps. So, the first time you
untap empty, you have to hunt.

But untapping *again*, whilst empty, you could then benefit from a
Media Influence, or (say in a Freakdriving Ravnos deck) a Patshiv, to
wring an extra action out of one vampire.

0 nouveau message