[LSJ] Chiropteran Marauder & reduce cost Q

9 vues

Flux

non lue,
29 mars 2001, 16:06:0229/03/2001
Hi.

Only recently did I notice that the text on CM (sup) reads 'This vampire can
_pay_ one blood...'.
I've been playing it much like Lightning Reflexes, ie, as a burn blood
effect, so 'reduce cost' cards (Dragos, Meshenka, The Path of Metamorphosis
and Inner Essence, in this case) would have no effect. But if it specifies
that the vampire pays for the effect, does it count as a card cost? If it
does, I believe it's the first card to have it's cost specified in the
text...

Thanks,

Flux

LSJ

non lue,
29 mars 2001, 16:12:3029/03/2001

It is not the cost of the card. A card's cost is always put in the little
drop of blood icon on the left side.

CM's "Pay one blood" indicates the cost of the effect described thereafter.
It is equivalent to "may burn one blood to..." - but the "to" template
means that the burn is required "to" get the effect - that is, it is a cost
of the effect.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Roger Carhult

non lue,
29 mars 2001, 17:08:5229/03/2001

"Flux" <fl...@netc.pt> wrote in message news:3ac3...@212.18.160.197...

It wouldn't be because Eldritchs Glimmer works that way as well (and I'm
sure others too just can't remember them now) even though it has an original
card cost too. Anyway, card cost is specified as the white or block blood
drop, nothing else. So o, Dragos couldn't reduce the cost of CM.

James Moore

non lue,
30 avr. 2001, 13:38:1930/04/2001
> It is not the cost of the card. A card's cost is always put in the little
> drop of blood icon on the left side.
>
> CM's "Pay one blood" indicates the cost of the effect described
thereafter.
> It is equivalent to "may burn one blood to..." - but the "to" template
> means that the burn is required "to" get the effect - that is, it is a
cost
> of the effect.

I was wondering about the costs of cards with Dracos...
for example, it he was to get Superior Celerity... and play a Lightening
reflexes...

< Lightning Reflexes Combat Set: SAB
< Req: Celerity, 1 blood Rarity: Rare
< Additional strike
< (S) This vampire may burn X blood to gain X additional strikes.

he'd not have to pay the 1 blood to play it, but he WOULD have to pay the X
to get X strikes, right?

james

LSJ

non lue,
30 avr. 2001, 14:45:1030/04/2001
>===== Original Message From "James Moore" <ja...@particle-systems.com> =====

>> A card's cost is always put in the little
>> drop of blood icon on the left side.
>
>I was wondering about the costs of cards with Dracos...
>for example, it he was to get Superior Celerity... and play a Lightening
>reflexes...
>
>< Lightning Reflexes Combat Set: SAB
>< Req: Celerity, 1 blood Rarity: Rare
>< Additional strike
>< (S) This vampire may burn X blood to gain X additional strikes.
>
>he'd not have to pay the 1 blood to play it, but he WOULD have to pay the X
>to get X strikes, right?

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Halcyan 2

non lue,
30 avr. 2001, 17:45:2230/04/2001
>>I was wondering about the costs of cards with Dracos...
>>for example, it he was to get Superior Celerity... and play a Lightening
>>reflexes...
>>
>>< Lightning Reflexes Combat Set: SAB
>>< Req: Celerity, 1 blood Rarity: Rare
>>< Additional strike
>>< (S) This vampire may burn X blood to gain X additional strikes.
>>
>>he'd not have to pay the 1 blood to play it, but he WOULD have to pay the X
>>to get X strikes, right?
>
>Correct.

Just to doublecheck, in such cases, paying the extra blood is part of the
effect, right? So you wouldn't have to decide whether or not you want to do it
until the effect takes place?

For example: if I play an Eldritch Glimmer, I can wait to see what the opposing
player chooses as a strike (hopefully not a dodge or S:CE) before deciding
whether or not to burn X blood?

Halcyan 2

Roger Carhult

non lue,
1 mai 2001, 11:47:5901/05/2001

"Halcyan 2" <halc...@aol.com> wrote in message

No you cannot because you strike with the card and then you must announce
what you do when you strike. Same with Lightning Reflexes, you can only burn
blood once to gain additional strikes and you have to decide when you do how
many extra strikes you want.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
1 mai 2001, 16:44:3701/05/2001
>No you cannot because you strike with the card and then you must announce
>what you do when you strike. Same with Lightning Reflexes, you can only burn
>blood once to gain additional strikes and you have to decide when you do how
>many extra strikes you want.

Then how come when you play Majesty, you can choose superior when you play it
but you can wait till later to decide whether or not you actually want to burn
the blood to untap?

Halcyan 2

Roger Carhult

non lue,
1 mai 2001, 17:52:5301/05/2001

"Halcyan 2" <halc...@aol.com> wrote in message

No you cannot, you must decide immediately whether to use the superior or
not as you play it. If somebody for example plays Telepathic Tracking you
may not decide to untap afterwards. LSJ stated this in a post recently (I
don't remember where since I've read like a hundred of posts the past day
after being away from the forum for a couple of weeks).

LSJ

non lue,
1 mai 2001, 21:35:5601/05/2001
>===== Original Message From "Roger Carhult" <rogc...@student.luth.se> =====

>"Halcyan 2" <halc...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Then how come when you play Majesty, you can choose superior when you play
it
>> but you can wait till later to decide whether or not you actually want to
burn
>> the blood to untap?
>
>No you cannot, you must decide immediately whether to use the superior or
>not as you play it. If somebody for example plays Telepathic Tracking you
>may not decide to untap afterwards. LSJ stated this in a post recently (I
>don't remember where since I've read like a hundred of posts the past day
>after being away from the forum for a couple of weeks).

You play Majesty at superior. Then, when the strike resolves, you "may"
pay a blood to untap. You do this before TT is played, true, but not at
the instant you play the Majesty card to announce your strike.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
2 mai 2001, 03:37:5302/05/2001
>You play Majesty at superior. Then, when the strike resolves, you "may"
>pay a blood to untap. You do this before TT is played, true, but not at
>the instant you play the Majesty card to announce your strike.

So back to my original question, I would just like an explicit agreement that
the same situation occurs with Eldritch Glimmer. You play the card and then
when the strike resolves you can burn blood for extra damage (thus you don't
have to worry about wasting blood if the opposing minion dodges or S:CE's).
Thanks!

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
2 mai 2001, 06:56:1602/05/2001
>===== Original Message From halc...@aol.com (Halcyan 2) =====

Yes. If the X were part of the cost (which it isn't), then it would be
declared (and paid) when the strike was announced. As it is, it is
like Majesty - done when the strike resolves (before moving on to
the prevent damage phase).

0 nouveau message