[LSJ] Howler and weapons

Reyda

Jun 7, 2004, 4:31:32 PM6/7/04
Hi =)

Howler plays disguised weapon + talbot chainsaw in combat.
does she have a press to continue ?
does she prevent 1 damage ?
can she use the talbot's rush ?
still, at your untap phase, i guess someone has to take the damage =)

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Jun 7, 2004, 5:05:33 PM6/7/04
> Howler plays disguised weapon + talbot chainsaw in combat.
> does she have a press to continue ?
> does she prevent 1 damage ?
> can she use the talbot's rush ?

All of those things are using the weapon.

> still, at your untap phase, i guess someone has to take the damage =)

I suppose so.

LSJ

Jun 8, 2004, 8:07:38 AM6/8/04

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

The Doctor

Jun 8, 2004, 9:31:45 AM6/8/04
LSJ wrote:
> Gregory Stuart Pettigrew <ethe...@sidehack.sat.gweep.net> wrote:
>
>>>Howler plays disguised weapon + talbot chainsaw in combat.
>>>does she have a press to continue ?
>>>does she prevent 1 damage ?
>>>can she use the talbot's rush ?
>>
>>All of those things are using the weapon.
>>

>>>still, at your untap phase, i guess someone has to take the damage =)
>>
>>I suppose so.
>

> Correct.

So basically, sticking someone elses Howler with a Talbot's Chainsaw is
a Good Thing[tm] for anyone but the controller of Howler?

There must be ways to do this in all of the VTES cards, right?

//Doc.

--
"Wees jezelf, er zijn al zoveel anderen" - Loesje

begin Your_MS_program_incorrectly_interprets_this_as_an_attachment.txt

Raille

Jun 8, 2004, 11:18:32 AM6/8/04

"The Doctor" <D...@freemail.nl> wrote in message

> LSJ wrote:

> >>All of those things are using the weapon.

> >>I suppose so.
> >

> > Correct.
> >

> So basically, sticking someone elses Howler with a Talbot's Chainsaw is
> a Good Thing[tm] for anyone but the controller of Howler?
>
> There must be ways to do this in all of the VTES cards, right?

If you include the sets beyond Jyhad, yes. There are serveral ways you
could get your talbots chain saw on another vampires minion.

Raille

Colin McGuigan

Jun 8, 2004, 11:35:14 AM6/8/04
Raille wrote:
> If you include the sets beyond Jyhad, yes. There are serveral ways you
> could get your talbots chain saw on another vampires minion.

Alastor, baby!

There's a thought. You start Alastor'ing, say, Talbot's Chainsaw and
the Eye of Hazimel onto other people's vampires...they use the rushes to
beat your vampires into torpor, but you get the last laugh from beyond
the grave!

--Colin McGuigan

The Doctor

Jun 8, 2004, 12:55:23 PM6/8/04
Colin McGuigan wrote:
> Raille wrote:
>
>> If you include the sets beyond Jyhad, yes. There are serveral ways you
>> could get your talbots chain saw on another vampires minion.
>

> Alastor, baby!

Which set is that? I wanna look it up :)

> There's a thought. You start Alastor'ing, say, Talbot's Chainsaw and
> the Eye of Hazimel onto other people's vampires...they use the rushes to

Again, which set is that Eye?

> beat your vampires into torpor, but you get the last laugh from beyond
> the grave!

I don't suppose you could build some defense in the deck, like ehm oh,
Obedience? *cackle*

Damn this sure sounds like a Malkavian deck :)

The Doctor

Jun 8, 2004, 1:05:06 PM6/8/04

Oh btw, Talbot's CHainsaw says 'you'... Sounds like a problem to me :)

"If bearer is ready during your untap phase, a ready minion you control
takes 3 damage (damage not preventable)."

Who's the you? Especially when you've moved it away to another
Methuselahs vamp...

This could be a problem even if someone 'Fast Hands' it from another.
I guess noone ever uses Talbot's Chainsaw, his sounds like the kind of
problem that would have been addressed way before now if it was a used
card :)

Timlagor

Jun 8, 2004, 1:17:29 PM6/8/04
The Doctor expounded:

> > There's a thought. You start Alastor'ing, say, Talbot's Chainsaw and
> > the Eye of Hazimel onto other people's vampires...they use the rushes to
> > beat your vampires into torpor, but you get the last laugh from beyond
> > the grave!
>
> Oh btw, Talbot's CHainsaw says 'you'... Sounds like a problem to me :)
>
> "If bearer is ready during your untap phase, a ready minion you control
> takes 3 damage (damage not preventable)."
>
> Who's the you? Especially when you've moved it away to another
> Methuselahs vamp...
>
> This could be a problem even if someone 'Fast Hands' it from another.
> I guess noone ever uses Talbot's Chainsaw, his sounds like the kind of
> problem that would have been addressed way before now if it was a used
> card :)

1) people do use it
2) you addresses the card's controller. Minion cards are controlled by
the controller of the vampire they are on (unless they say otherwise)

Colin McGuigan

Jun 8, 2004, 1:23:16 PM6/8/04
The Doctor wrote:
> Which set is that? I wanna look it up :)

Gehenna. Basically: Justicar or Inner Circle political action. Pick a
Camarilla vampire. If the referendum succeeds, go through your library
and put a piece of equipment on that vampire for half (round down) cost.
Additionally, that vampire may +1 stealth rush other vampires (like
Archon), but cannot commit diablerie.

> Again, which set is that Eye?

Promotional card, given away at tournaments.

http://monger.vekn.org/showcard.html?ID=1216

Basically, the minion's controller has to burn a pool each turn, or the
minion with the eye takes 5 unpreventable damage.

--Colin mcGuigan

Colin McGuigan

Jun 8, 2004, 1:25:17 PM6/8/04
The Doctor wrote:
> Oh btw, Talbot's CHainsaw says 'you'... Sounds like a problem to me :)
>
> "If bearer is ready during your untap phase, a ready minion you control
> takes 3 damage (damage not preventable)."
>
> Who's the you? Especially when you've moved it away to another
> Methuselahs vamp...
>
> This could be a problem even if someone 'Fast Hands' it from another.
> I guess noone ever uses Talbot's Chainsaw, his sounds like the kind of
> problem that would have been addressed way before now if it was a used
> card :)

By default, the "you" on a minion card refers to the controller of the
card. If the minion card is on a minion (eg, Talbot's on a vampire),
the default controller of the minion card is the controller of the minion.

So the "you" in this case would be the controller of the minion that has
Talbot's.

--Colin McGuigan

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Jun 8, 2004, 10:40:45 PM6/8/04
> > Alastor, baby!
>
> Which set is that? I wanna look it up :)

Look it up at http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Cardlist_A.html and see it is
from Gehenna.

> > There's a thought. You start Alastor'ing, say, Talbot's Chainsaw and
> > the Eye of Hazimel onto other people's vampires...they use the rushes to
>
> Again, which set is that Eye?

Look it up under http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Cardlist_E.html and see
that it's a Promo card.

The Doctor

Jun 8, 2004, 10:49:59 PM6/8/04
Gregory Stuart Pettigrew wrote:
>>>Alastor, baby!
>>
>>Which set is that? I wanna look it up :)
>>

> Look it up at http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Cardlist_A.html and see it is
> from Gehenna.

Ah, I had not really noticed these pages contain _all_ cards by letter,
since I searched the list by set (Jyhad mostly) :)

Thanks.

And I also found another useful link called Monger.

LSJ

Jun 8, 2004, 11:47:05 PM6/8/04
The Doctor wrote:
> Ah, I had not really noticed these pages contain _all_ cards by letter,
> since I searched the list by set (Jyhad mostly) :)

There's also the entire card list in one page:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Cardlist.html

And the text version:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/downloads/Cardlist.txt

And the CSV version:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/downloads/vtescsv.zip

Oortje4ever

Jun 9, 2004, 4:00:52 AM6/9/04

> > Again, which set is that Eye?
>
> Promotional card, given away at tournaments.
>
> http://monger.vekn.org/showcard.html?ID=1216

odd thing. The text on this link states "Rarity: Rare" shouldn't this
be "special" or "promo only" or "Unique"?

Archibald Zimonyi

Jun 9, 2004, 6:33:26 AM6/9/04
<snip>

> And I also found another useful link called Monger.

You also have another useful link called:

http://www.vekn.nu/search.php?page=search

to get to another search page.

Archibald Zimonyi
Malkavian Prince of Gothenburg
http://www.vekn.nu

John Flournoy

Jun 9, 2004, 11:10:27 AM6/9/04
The Doctor <D...@freemail.nl> wrote in message news:<40C5F1C2...@freemail.nl>...

> This could be a problem even if someone 'Fast Hands' it from another.
> I guess noone ever uses Talbot's Chainsaw, his sounds like the kind of
> problem that would have been addressed way before now if it was a used
> card :)
>
> //Doc.

Oh, it's definitely used. One of the most frequent uses of it is to
use it in a Giovanni deck that has Ambrosius the Ferryman (from
Ancient Hearts/Final Nights) in play:

------------------
Ambrosius, The Ferryman (Wraith) [AH:R2, FN:PG]
Cardtype: Ally

Clan: Giovanni

Cost: 3 pool

Unique wraith with 2 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
Ambrosius is immune to damage that is not aggravated. He can move a
retainer from your ash heap to a ready vampire you control as an
action. Put 3 Pathos counters on the retainer. Remove a Pathos counter
from the retainer at the beginning of each of your minion phases. When
there are no Pathos counters remaining, remove the retainer from the
game.
----------------

So you use Talbot's Chainsaw, and always apply the 'damage to your own
minion' to Ambrosius, who is immune to it.

-John Flournoy

LSJ

Jun 9, 2004, 11:34:45 AM6/9/04

The Doctor

Jun 9, 2004, 1:04:17 PM6/9/04
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:

> Archibald Zimonyi
> Malkavian Prince of Gothenburg

Ghe, I used to go to Gothenburg every summer except last one (and this one).
Hope to pick up on that habit again as soon as possible (but that would
require a good job or a lottery win)

JH

Jun 8, 2004, 1:02:35 PM6/8/04
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:55:23 +0200, The Doctor <D...@freemail.nl> wrote:

> Colin McGuigan wrote:
>> Raille wrote:
>>
>>> If you include the sets beyond Jyhad, yes. There are serveral ways you
>>> could get your talbots chain saw on another vampires minion.
>>

>> Alastor, baby!
>
> Which set is that? I wanna look it up :)

Alastor
Type: Political Action
Requires: justicar,inner circle
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any justicar or Inner Circle
member
at +1 stealth.
Choose a ready Camarilla vampire. If this referendum is successful, search
your library for an equipment card and place this card and the equipment on
the chosen vampire. Pay half the cost (round down) of the equipment. This
vampire may enter combat with any vampire controlled by another Methuselah
as a +1 stealth (D) action. This vampire cannot commit diablerie. A vampire
may have only one Alastor.

Rarity: Gehenna:R

>> There's a thought. You start Alastor'ing, say, Talbot's Chainsaw and
>> the Eye of Hazimel onto other people's vampires...they use the rushes to
>
> Again, which set is that Eye?

Eye of Hazimel
Type: Equipment
Cost: 3 pool
Unique equipment.
The minion with this equipment gets +1 bleed and +1 strength. This minion
may
enter combat with any minion controlled by another Methuselah as a (D)
action.
If this minion is a vampire, he or she has superior Potence [POT] and
superior
Chimerstry [CHI], and combat cards cost this vampire 1 less blood to play.
While the bearer is ready, this equipment cannot be transferred, moved or
stolen. If this equipment is burned, this minion takes 5 unpreventable
damage.
During your untap phase, burn 1 pool or burn this equipment.

Rarity: Promo:20021101

--
Powerbase: Turku
http://www.tenerdo.org/

Xian

Jun 10, 2004, 1:03:33 AM6/10/04
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:05:06 +0200, The Doctor <D...@freemail.nl>
wrote:

[Talbot's Chainsaw]

>This could be a problem even if someone 'Fast Hands' it from another.
>I guess noone ever uses Talbot's Chainsaw, his sounds like the kind of
>problem that would have been addressed way before now if it was a used
>card :)

If you're just using Jyhad cards, Arms Dealers make very good Talbot's
Chainsaw fodder.

:)

Xian