Reformation + Weigh the Heart + Temptation

ira...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2009, 9:32:55 PM7/29/09
Hello LSJ,

My prey controls Arika with 1 blood, and I have a Temptation with 1
counter on Arika. I play Reformation at ser to put a corruption
counter on Arika and also play Weigh the Heart at superior as the
action is announced. Before the action is resolved, I burn the
counter on Temptation to take control of Arika.

Several questions:
a) Does the action change from being directed to undirected once I use
the Temptation? I think yes.
b1) If yes to (a), then does my predator have a chance to block if I
used the Temptation while my prey was still considering blocking? I
think yes.
b2) If I use the Temptation after my predator passed on Eagle Sight
blocks but before the action resolved, I think he wouldn't get a new
chance to block, right?
c) If the action resolves unblocked, will it be considered a
successful action (for freak drive)? I think yes.
d) If the action resolves unblocked, will Arika gain a corruption
counter from Reformation? I think yes.
e) If the action resolves unblocked, will one of my prey's minions
gain a corruption counter from Weigh the Heart? I think no, since he's
no longer the target methuselah.
f) If the action resolves unblocked, will one of *my* minions gain a
corruption counter from Weigh the Heart? I'm really not sure, but I'll
guess yes, since Weigh the Heart was legally played as the action was
announced, the action was successful, and I'm now the target
Methuselah.

Thanks,
Ira

Name: Temptation
[AH:R2, FN:PS, KMW:PB, LotN:PS3]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Serpentis
[ser] (D) Put this card on a ready vampire; you still control this
card. During your master phase, you may put a counter on this card.
During your minion phase, if the number of counters on this card
equals or exceeds the amount of blood on this vampire, you may burn
the counters to untap this vampire and take control of him or her
until the end of the turn.
[SER] As above, and add a counter when you play this card.

Name: Reformation
[Gehenna:C]
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Chimerstry/Dominate/Serpentis
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready anarch.
[chi] (D) Steal an equipment card from your predator or prey.
[dom] (D) Burn 1 blood to steal a hunting ground.
[ser] (D) Put a corruption counter on any vampire. If the number of
your corruption counters on the vampire equals or exceeds his or her
capacity, you may burn all of your corruption counters on that vampire
to gain control of him or her.

Name: Weigh the Heart
[KMW:C]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Auspex & Serpentis
[aus][ser] +1 bleed. After playing this card, you cannot play another
action modifier to further increase the bleed for this action.
[AUS][SER] Only usable as a (D) action is announced. If this action is
successful, put a corruption counter on a minion controlled by the
target Methuselah (after resolving the action).

LSJ

Jul 30, 2009, 1:17:42 AM7/30/09
ira...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello LSJ,
>
> My prey controls Arika with 1 blood, and I have a Temptation with 1
> counter on Arika. I play Reformation at ser to put a corruption
> counter on Arika and also play Weigh the Heart at superior as the
> action is announced. Before the action is resolved, I burn the
> counter on Temptation to take control of Arika.
>
> Several questions:
> a) Does the action change from being directed to undirected once I use
> the Temptation? I think yes.

Yes.

> b1) If yes to (a), then does my predator have a chance to block if I
> used the Temptation while my prey was still considering blocking? I
> think yes.

Yes.

> b2) If I use the Temptation after my predator passed on Eagle Sight
> blocks but before the action resolved, I think he wouldn't get a new
> chance to block, right?

Correct.

> c) If the action resolves unblocked, will it be considered a
> successful action (for freak drive)? I think yes.

Of course.

> d) If the action resolves unblocked, will Arika gain a corruption
> counter from Reformation? I think yes.

Of course. It doesn't say "controlled by another Methuselah".

> e) If the action resolves unblocked, will one of my prey's minions
> gain a corruption counter from Weigh the Heart? I think no, since he's
> no longer the target methuselah.

Correct.

> f) If the action resolves unblocked, will one of *my* minions gain a
> corruption counter from Weigh the Heart? I'm really not sure, but I'll
> guess yes, since Weigh the Heart was legally played as the action was
> announced, the action was successful, and I'm now the target
> Methuselah.

Good guess.