Demdemeh

Jozxyqk

Nov 15, 2005, 9:58:55 AM11/15/05
When Demdemeh converts an animal retainer into an animal ally, does it
retain its other card text?

This does not matter in most cases, since most animal retainers' card
texts say "The minion with this retainer..." so they would not apply.

But Murder of Crows' text says:
"Murder of Crows inflicts 1R damage each round of combat during normal
strike resolution."

Will the Murder of Crows still inflict 1R if it is turned into an ally?

LSJ

Nov 15, 2005, 7:55:35 PM11/15/05
Jozxyqk wrote:
> When Demdemeh converts an animal retainer into an animal ally, does it
> retain its other card text?

No. Just its life (both the idea of its starting life and its current
life total).

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

XZealot

Nov 15, 2005, 8:25:05 PM11/15/05

LSJ wrote:
> Jozxyqk wrote:
> > When Demdemeh converts an animal retainer into an animal ally, does it
> > retain its other card text?
>
> No. Just its life (both the idea of its starting life and its current
> life total).

How does Demdemeh's special interact with the new spiritus card, Summon
Spirit Beast, when played at superior?

Summon Spirit Beast R
Combat/Reaction
Cost: x blood
ani: Discard x cards.
spi: This minion empploys x animal retainers from your ashheap till the
end of your minion phase.
SPI: As spi above but till your next untap.

Does the new ally burn when the card expires or does the new ally stay
because it is no longer a retainer?

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

LSJ

Nov 16, 2005, 6:35:49 AM11/16/05
XZealot wrote:
> How does Demdemeh's special interact with the new spiritus card, Summon
> Spirit Beast, when played at superior?
>
> Summon Spirit Beast R
> Combat/Reaction
> Cost: x blood
> ani: Discard x cards.
> spi: This minion empploys x animal retainers from your ashheap till the
> end of your minion phase.
> SPI: As spi above but till your next untap.
>
> Does the new ally burn when the card expires or does the new ally stay
> because it is no longer a retainer?

The actual card text indicates the latter.