Pounce

11 vues

Jozxyqk

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 09:28:1614/12/2001
A quick question about Pounce.
It says:

"...the opposing minion cannot strike for the remainder
of the round (this doesn't affect the current strike resolution)."

My interpretation of this is:

"The opposing minion cannot use [further] Additional Strikes this
round, and if this strike was made with First Strike, then the
opposing minion may only strike with First Strike, Dodge, or S:CE."

Is this correct so far?
Is there anything else I'm missing?

James Coupe

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 09:57:5514/12/2001
In message <40oS7.16608$5W5.7...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>, Jozxyqk

<jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> writes:
>My interpretation of this is:
>
>"The opposing minion cannot use [further] Additional Strikes this
>round, and if this strike was made with First Strike, then the
>opposing minion may only strike with First Strike, Dodge, or S:CE."
>
>Is this correct so far?
>Is there anything else I'm missing?

Any strikes chosen before Pounce resolves can be played. The opposing
minion won't use it if that strike resolves in a later strike resolution
phase.

--
James Coupe PGP 0x5D623D5D It's been a long road, getting from there to here
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA213D7E It's been a long time, and my time is finally near

LSJ

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 10:03:4314/12/2001

He can use additional-strike-gaining effects. He just can't strike
after the Pounce resolves.

So if the Pounce is done at First Strike, the opponent's "mundane"
(non-First Strike, non-Dodge, non-S:CE) strike will fizzle.

But the opponent can still play a Blur, for example, to cycle the card
(since he won't be able to strike with any of the additinal strikes he
gains).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Reyda

non lue,