[LSJ] Strange Spirit Marionette Question

1 view

Alexander Michels

Apr 23, 2004, 7:58:55 PM4/23/04

Maybe this has been covered somewhere else before, but I just received a
strange question about spirit marionette. Can you use Spirit Marionette at
inferior if your prey controlls no minions (or no ready minions)? Since the
card says "Bleed at +1 bleed and tap a ready minion controlled by your
prey...." is it considered both a bleed action and an action to tap a minion
(thus cannot be used if there's nothing to target?). Or does the action
resolve to the best of its ability, and accomplish as much as it can when
successful.

If that's true, you could use Jar the Soul on nothing... which doesn't make
much sense.

This is in contrast to a card like... superior propaganda, for example, that
only taps a minion if the bleed is successful (and has no effect if your
prey has no ready vampires).

Thanks,
Alex

LSJ

Apr 23, 2004, 8:31:27 PM4/23/04
Alexander Michels wrote:
> Maybe this has been covered somewhere else before, but I just received a
> strange question about spirit marionette. Can you use Spirit Marionette at
> inferior if your prey controlls no minions (or no ready minions)? Since the

No.

> card says "Bleed at +1 bleed and tap a ready minion controlled by your
> prey...." is it considered both a bleed action and an action to tap a minion
> (thus cannot be used if there's nothing to target?). Or does the action
> resolve to the best of its ability, and accomplish as much as it can when
> successful.

The former.

> If that's true, you could use Jar the Soul on nothing... which doesn't make
> much sense.

Correct enough.

> This is in contrast to a card like... superior propaganda, for example, that
> only taps a minion if the bleed is successful (and has no effect if your
> prey has no ready vampires).

Right.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Tetragrammaton

Apr 25, 2004, 3:07:27 PM4/25/04
LSJ wrote:
> Alexander Michels wrote:
>> Maybe this has been covered somewhere else before, but I just
>> received a strange question about spirit marionette. Can you use
>> Spirit Marionette at inferior if your prey controlls no minions (or
>> no ready minions)? Since the
>
> No.

This means,also, that if i can't tap at least one of my prey's minion i
can't
use the anarch troublemaker for its tap effect (say, giving it away tapping
0 minions) ?

thanks

Emiliano, v:ekn Prince of Rome

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Apr 25, 2004, 6:50:46 PM4/25/04
> This means,also, that if i can't tap at least one of my prey's minion i
> can't use the anarch troublemaker for its tap effect (say, giving it
> away tapping 0 minions) ?

The card says "up to 2," so you can use it to tap 0 minions. You can also
tap tapped vampires.