Eldest Command Undeath vs Voter Captivation

sg3kmb6...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2008, 4:36:35 PM10/2/08
If a vampire calls The Eldest Command Undeath and the vote passes by
8, can xe play Voter Capitivation (inferior, superior or both)?

If yes, can the acting vampire's controller gain 2 pool?

It came up in a game yesterday and we ruled that it could be played
and that the pool could be gained, but I figured it'd be nice to be
sure about it.

The Eldest Command Undeath
Cardtype: Political Action
Cost: X blood
<Requires a> Laibon.
Choose a vampire controlled by your prey with capacity less than X.
Successful referendum means that vampire is burned. This acting
vampire cannot gain blood this action. Any blood he or she gains goes
to the blood bank instead.

Voter Captivation
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Presence
Only usable after resolving a successful referendum <called by this
acting vampire>.
[pre] The acting vampire gains X blood from the blood bank, where X is
the number of votes by which the referendum passed.
[PRE] As above, but move up to 2 of those blood counters to your pool
instead of this vampire.

Felix

Oct 2, 2008, 4:59:21 PM10/2/08

the cardtext is pretty clear , you move blood from voter captivation
to your pool INSTEAD OF to your vampire , and eldest command undead
only drains the blood the vampire gains into the bloodbank.

LSJ

Oct 2, 2008, 5:50:31 PM10/2/08
Felix wrote:
> On 2 Okt., 22:36, sg3kmb613sdf...@gmail.com wrote:
>> If a vampire calls The Eldest Command Undeath and the vote passes by
>> 8, can xe play Voter Capitivation (inferior, superior or both)?
>>
>> If yes, can the acting vampire's controller gain 2 pool?
>>
>> It came up in a game yesterday and we ruled that it could be played
>> and that the pool could be gained, but I figured it'd be nice to be
>> sure about it.

> the cardtext is pretty clear , you move blood from voter captivation

> to your pool INSTEAD OF to your vampire , and eldest command undead
> only drains the blood the vampire gains into the bloodbank.

Correct.

Chris Berger

Oct 2, 2008, 6:03:04 PM10/2/08

That is one way to interpret it, and that's the way I think it does
work. However, "cannot gain blood" isn't completely clear. I thought
at one point that perhaps it meant that you can't play cards that
cause you to gain blood, such as Voter Cap, just as a vampire that
cannot have or use equipment cannot take an equip action. I was
convinced by my play group that ECU and VC work as you say, but it
probably wouldn't hurt to have confirmation, and I can see why the OP
asks the question.

sg3kmb6...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2008, 6:09:54 PM10/2/08

Yeah.. It is pretty clear, and that was the way we ruled as well.. But
if it was crystal clear I wouldn't have asked :p
I tend to ask (or search) for all rulings we make when playing just to
make sure we've gotten it right, since it makes it easier in the long
run.