Business Pressure questions

Joubert

Feb 11, 2006, 3:20:01 AM2/11/06
If pool is spent on business pressure in such a way that a methuselah
(who already cannot possibly get another VP) self ousts, does the oust
resolve immediately or at the end of the action?

I would say immediately, but if this is the case, is the predator of the
self ousting methuselah able to spend the pool gained from the oust on
the business pressure?

And if the methuselah calling the vote is the one that self ousts, am I
correct in assuming that the vote fizzles?

Thanks,
--Andrew

Business Pressure [Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, Tenth:B]
Cardtype: Action Modifier

Discipline: Presence

Only usable during a referendum.
[pre] Each Methuselah can burn pool to gain votes during the resolution
of this card (resolve this card before moving on). A Methuselah gains 2
votes for each pool he or she burns.
[PRE] As above, but you gain 3 votes for each pool you burn.

LSJ

Feb 11, 2006, 5:17:49 AM2/11/06
Joubert wrote:
> If pool is spent on business pressure in such a way that a methuselah
> (who already cannot possibly get another VP) self ousts, does the oust
> resolve immediately or at the end of the action?

Immediately.

> I would say immediately, but if this is the case, is the predator of the
> self ousting methuselah able to spend the pool gained from the oust on
> the business pressure?

Yes.

> And if the methuselah calling the vote is the one that self ousts, am I
> correct in assuming that the vote fizzles?

Yes.
Ousted -> no acting minion -> no action.

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

Jozxyqk

Feb 11, 2006, 7:29:50 AM2/11/06
Joubert <aejo...@sdafd.com> wrote:
> Business Pressure [Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, Tenth:B]
> Cardtype: Action Modifier
>
> Discipline: Presence
>
> Only usable during a referendum.
> [pre] Each Methuselah can burn pool to gain votes during the resolution
> of this card (resolve this card before moving on). A Methuselah gains 2
> votes for each pool he or she burns.
> [PRE] As above, but you gain 3 votes for each pool you burn.

I was surprised to see that this is the official text on the website.

This official text is the same as the Jyhad/VTES version of the card,
but different from the 10th anniversary printing.

On the original card (and the above-quoted text), it is implied that the
acting Methuselah gets 3 votes per pool at superior, while other
Methuselahs still only get 2.

The 10th anniversary version of the card says "the Methuselah" instead
of "you". Which implies that, at superior, *everyone* gets 3 votes per
pool.

So which of these is the correct interpretation of the card?

Thanks.

LSJ

Feb 11, 2006, 12:54:04 PM2/11/06
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Joubert <aejo...@sdafd.com> wrote:
>>Business Pressure [Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, Tenth:B]
>>Cardtype: Action Modifier
>>
>>Discipline: Presence
>>
>>Only usable during a referendum.
>>[pre] Each Methuselah can burn pool to gain votes during the resolution
>>of this card (resolve this card before moving on). A Methuselah gains 2
>>votes for each pool he or she burns.
>>[PRE] As above, but you gain 3 votes for each pool you burn.
>
> I was surprised to see that this is the official text on the website.
>
> This official text is the same as the Jyhad/VTES version of the card,
> but different from the 10th anniversary printing.
>
> So which of these is the correct interpretation of the card?

The official one.

Pat

Feb 11, 2006, 2:46:24 PM2/11/06

"LSJ" <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Jozxyqk wrote:
>> Joubert <aejo...@sdafd.com> wrote:
>>>Business Pressure [Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, Tenth:B]
>>>Cardtype: Action Modifier
>>> Discipline: Presence
>>> Only usable during a referendum.
>>>[pre] Each Methuselah can burn pool to gain votes during the resolution
>>>of this card (resolve this card before moving on). A Methuselah gains 2
>>>votes for each pool he or she burns.
>>>[PRE] As above, but you gain 3 votes for each pool you burn.
>>
>> I was surprised to see that this is the official text on the website.
>>
>> This official text is the same as the Jyhad/VTES version of the card,
>> but different from the 10th anniversary printing.
>>
>> So which of these is the correct interpretation of the card?
>
> The official one.

That's good to hear, I had the same question after seing the TAS printing
but never got around to getting a clarification.

Business Pressure is pretty dodgy, but at least it has a little bit of use
at PRE with the correct language. It got me 2 VP in a Jyhad draft game, as
my prey was forced to spend a lot of pool to stop some vote that I was
trying to push through, and I just barely ousted him before time. Wouldn't
have happened if he had the BP pool back. :)

- Pat

XZealot

Feb 13, 2006, 7:02:27 PM2/13/06

> Business Pressure [Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, Tenth:B]
> Cardtype: Action Modifier
>
> Discipline: Presence
>
> Only usable during a referendum.
> [pre] Each Methuselah can burn pool to gain votes during the resolution
> of this card (resolve this card before moving on). A Methuselah gains 2
> votes for each pool he or she burns.
> [PRE] As above, but you gain 3 votes for each pool you burn

Also, for the purposes of cancelling a vampires votes, is Business
Pressure considered to be the Methuselah's votes rather than the acting
vampires votes?

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Darth Una

Feb 14, 2006, 3:02:55 AM2/14/06
By Card Text, each Meth can burn pool to gain votes. So they are Meth
votes.