Sargon

Jozxyqk

Dec 21, 2001, 1:47:13 PM12/21/01
If Sargon performs a Political action, when does he get the edge?
Before or after the referendum?

LSJ

Dec 21, 2001, 1:55:09 PM12/21/01
Jozxyqk wrote:

> If Sargon performs a Political action, when does he get the edge?
> Before or after the referendum?

After.
And you get it even if the referendum fails.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Emmit Svenson

Dec 21, 2001, 4:09:46 PM12/21/01
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C23858D...@white-wolf.com>...

> Jozxyqk wrote:
> >
> > If Sargon performs a Political action, when does he get the edge?
> > Before or after the referendum?
>
> After.
> And you get it even if the referendum fails.

So call a vote, burn the Edge, get the Edge. Handy for Free State
Rants. As a corollary, I suppose if Sargon successfully plays
Enticement, burning the Edge in the process, he then gets the Edge?

James Coupe

Dec 21, 2001, 5:41:55 PM12/21/01
In message <75bdf7ed.01122...@posting.google.com>, Emmit

Svenson <emmits...@hotmail.com> writes:
>As a corollary, I suppose if Sargon successfully plays
>Enticement, burning the Edge in the process, he then gets the Edge?

Sure. Assuming you give him Ser, of course.

--
James Coupe PGP 0x5D623D5D It's been a long road, getting from there to here
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA213D7E It's been a long time, and my time is finally near

LSJ

Dec 21, 2001, 8:00:56 PM12/21/01
James Coupe wrote:

> In message <75bdf7ed.01122...@posting.google.com>, Emmit
> Svenson <emmits...@hotmail.com> writes:
> >As a corollary, I suppose if Sargon successfully plays
> >Enticement, burning the Edge in the process, he then gets the Edge?
>
> Sure. Assuming you give him Ser, of course.

Right (except that "you" get the edge, not Sargon :-)

The Nosferatu Stuff

Dec 21, 2001, 8:47:20 PM12/21/01
"Emmit Svenson" <emmits...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Call a vote, play <pre> Echo of Harmonies, gain 3 votes(4 for FSR) then get
the edge back. Not bad. =)
--
Aaron
The Nosferatu Stuff

Henrik

Dec 22, 2001, 7:14:32 AM12/22/01

>> If Sargon performs a Political action, when does he get the edge?
>> Before or after the referendum?
>
>After.
>And you get it even if the referendum fails.

If the vote is a regaining the upper hand, and sargon is nice enough to give
the edge to his prey (as there is a form of corruption in play), who get's
to keep the edge after the action is complete, and if it's Sargons
controller, did the preyt actually had time to "get" the edge, and thus get
a counter on the FoC?

/Henrik Isaksson

LSJ

Dec 22, 2001, 10:15:00 AM12/22/01

Yes. The effect of the referendum is applied (if it passed). After the resolution
of the action (whatever it was), Sargon's controller gets the Edge.

vermillian

Dec 22, 2001, 1:59:56 PM12/22/01
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C23DB48...@white-wolf.com>...

> James Coupe wrote:
> >
> > In message <75bdf7ed.01122...@posting.google.com>, Emmit
> > Svenson <emmits...@hotmail.com> writes:
> > >As a corollary, I suppose if Sargon successfully plays
> > >Enticement, burning the Edge in the process, he then gets the Edge?
> >
> > Sure. Assuming you give him Ser, of course.
>
> Right (except that "you" get the edge, not Sargon :-)

Oh no... Sargon's a baddy... he's methuselah material. :)

~SV

Chris Berger

Dec 23, 2001, 12:31:40 PM12/23/01
"The Nosferatu Stuff" <roans...@REMOVE.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ICRU7.16679$681.4...@typhoon.mw.mediaone.net>...

> Call a vote, play <pre> Echo of Harmonies, gain 3 votes(4 for FSR) then get
> the edge back. Not bad. =)

Or play <pre> Bewitching Oration and burn the edge, gaining 3 votes (4
for FSR). 8) Echo of the Harmonies is weak at <pre> level, just like
most of the split-discipline cards.

The Nosferatu Stuff

Dec 23, 2001, 4:55:42 PM12/23/01
"Chris Berger" <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote in message

I wouldn't say that it's weak, if you are going to have the edge. Playing
my inferior presence deck, usually passing votes with just the edge and BO
is fine on the 1st-3rd turns. But after that any serious titles that appear
can devistate you. Any pre gain extra votes card is great. You need to use
it in addition. Now your inferior pre vampires can call a vote and have 6
votes in favor plus whatever they want to spend for an awe(or spend nothing
and have 7 votes)