(LSJ) Fee Stake and Writ of Acceptance

wedge

Oct 14, 2009, 9:55:06 PM10/14/09
An anrach w/ Fee Stake X gets a Writ of Acceptance

It is my understanding that the title becomes void until such time as
said vampire loses the Writ.
As the title is void can it be called off?

Matt

Darby Keeney

Oct 14, 2009, 10:16:14 PM10/14/09

IANLSJ, but the card text for Fee Stake reads ".....Any vampire can
call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.
"

A vampire having a Writ of Acceptance and not being able to access the
benefits of his Baron title does not remove the Fee Stake card from
play, so the vote to burn the card per its text should remain a valid
table option.

Reasonable?

Darby

wedge

Oct 14, 2009, 10:34:47 PM10/14/09

That is what I was expecting. I was wondering if a void title is out
of play. Do you think a vampire with a void title has to contest it?

Frederick Scott

Oct 14, 2009, 11:06:45 PM10/14/09

"wedge" <mat...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 14, 7:16 pm, Darby Keeney <darby.kee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Oct 14, 7:55 pm, wedge <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > An anrach w/ Fee Stake X gets a Writ of Acceptance
> >
> > > It is my understanding that the title becomes void until such time as
> > > said vampire loses the Writ.
> > > As the title is void can it be called off?
> >
> > IANLSJ, but the card text for Fee Stake reads ".....Any vampire can
> > call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.
> >
> > A vampire having a Writ of Acceptance and not being able to access the
> > benefits of his Baron title does not remove the Fee Stake card from
> > play, so the vote to burn the card per its text should remain a valid
> > table option.
>
> That is what I was expecting. I was wondering if a void title is out
> of play. Do you think a vampire with a void title has to contest it?

Re: contesting void titles. The last paragraph of Rule 10 in the V:TES
Rulebook states:

"A vampire must belong to the appropriate sect to receive a title. If a
vampire with a title changes clans or sects to a clan or sect
inappropriate for his title, he loses the benefit of the title until his
clan or sect changes appropriately. If he receives a new title, or if his
title is contested (see Contested Titles, sec. 4.2)), he immediately
yields the old title."

Fred

wedge

Oct 14, 2009, 11:15:33 PM10/14/09
On Oct 14, 8:06 pm, "Frederick Scott" <nos...@no.spam.dot.com> wrote:
> "wedge" <matt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thanks Fred,

I often lose sight of the forest.

LSJ

Oct 15, 2009, 8:13:45 AM10/15/09
Darby Keeney wrote:
> On Oct 14, 7:55 pm, wedge <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> An anrach w/ Fee Stake X gets a Writ of Acceptance
>>
>> It is my understanding that the title becomes void until such time as
>> said vampire loses the Writ.
>> As the title is void can it be called off?
>>
>> Matt
>
> IANLSJ, but the card text for Fee Stake reads ".....Any vampire can
> call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.
> "

Fee Stake also reads: "Title."

As such, the card goes the way of the title. When the title is lost, the card is
burned. When the title is contested, the card is out of play.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/76d85de2105545bf

> A vampire having a Writ of Acceptance and not being able to access the
> benefits of his Baron title does not remove the Fee Stake card from
> play, so the vote to burn the card per its text should remain a valid
> table option.

The Writ renders the title inert. The title card is also thus inert.
Similarly, if a Toreador with Praxis Seizure: Paris goes Into the Fire, the
capacity increase from the inert title is also inert (xe no longer has the extra
capacity, until the Praxis title is again in effect).

wedge

Oct 15, 2009, 3:42:15 PM10/15/09
On Oct 15, 5:13 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Darby Keeney wrote:
> > On Oct 14, 7:55 pm, wedge <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> An anrach w/ Fee Stake X gets a Writ of Acceptance
>
> >> It is my understanding that the title becomes void until such time as
> >> said vampire loses the Writ.
> >> As the title is void can it be called off?
>
> >> Matt
>
> > IANLSJ, but the card text for Fee Stake reads ".....Any vampire can
> > call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.
> > "
>
> Fee Stake also reads: "Title."
>
> As such, the card goes the way of the title. When the title is lost, the card is
> burned. When the title is contested, the card is out of play.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/76d8...

> > A vampire having a Writ of Acceptance and not being able to access the
> > benefits of his Baron title does not remove the Fee Stake card from
> > play, so the vote to burn the card per its text should remain a valid
> > table option.
>
> The Writ renders the title inert. The title card is also thus inert.
> Similarly, if a Toreador with Praxis Seizure: Paris goes Into the Fire, the
> capacity increase from the inert title is also inert (xe no longer has the extra
> capacity, until the Praxis title is again in effect).

Baron is a title that can only be held by an anarch. A ready baron
gets 2 votes. The title of baron is associated with a particular city
and can be contested by another vampire who claims the title of
prince, archbishop or baron of the same city. If the title is
contested with a prince or an archbishop, then the anarch's cost to
contest it is increased by 1 blood. If a baron loses his anarch
status, he loses the benefit of the title until he becomes anarch
again, as usual for titles.

Is Baron an anarch title or an Independant title only held by an
anarch?

Vidal Baron with Writ emulates anarch to call RevCo as a camarilla
anarch baron?

wedge

Oct 15, 2009, 3:53:17 PM10/15/09

If Vidal emulates anarch is he also independent as sect is a
requirement.
Or is emulating anarch just not possible because he is cam and cannot
emulate two different things?

LSJ

Oct 15, 2009, 6:33:11 PM10/15/09
wedge wrote:
> On Oct 15, 12:42 pm, wedge <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Baron is a title that can only be held by an anarch. A ready baron
>> gets 2 votes. The title of baron is associated with a particular city
>> and can be contested by another vampire who claims the title of
>> prince, archbishop or baron of the same city. If the title is
>> contested with a prince or an archbishop, then the anarch's cost to
>> contest it is increased by 1 blood. If a baron loses his anarch
>> status, he loses the benefit of the title until he becomes anarch
>> again, as usual for titles.
>>
>> Is Baron an anarch title or an Independant title only held by an
>> anarch?

Not sure what distinction you're trying to make.
Both options look like truth from where I'm sitting.

>> Vidal Baron with Writ emulates anarch to call RevCo as a camarilla
>> anarch baron?

No. He'd call it as an indy anarch Baron. Not that it would matter, since RevCo
doesn't pay any attention to sect (except by way of paying attention to anarchness).

> If Vidal emulates anarch is he also independent as sect is a
> requirement.

He is neither anarch nor independent, he just gets to play the card as if he were.

> Or is emulating anarch just not possible because he is cam and cannot
> emulate two different things?

He may play a card that requires anarch as an anarch. This example is given
explicitly in his card text.