Q: Starting life of corrupt construction

chromeboy

Sep 27, 2006, 11:43:33 AM9/27/06
Corrupt Construction ally, 1pool, Vicissitude

Ghoul with 1 life. 0 strength, 0 bleed. [vic] When the Construction
enters play, you may remove from the game any number of ally, retainer,
or vampire cards from your ash heap or hand. The Construction gains one
life for each card removed in that way. The Construction gets +1
strength for each life counter it has. During your untap phase, the
Construction burns 1 life. [VIC] As above, and the Construction has an
additional life.

Am I correct when assuming that the starting life of CC is 1 vis/ 2 VIS
regardeless of how many allies i burn to add life to it when it enters
play? (for the purpose of Vagabond Mystic for example)

Thx in advance

John Flournoy

Sep 27, 2006, 11:47:04 AM9/27/06

Yes, you are correct - when the Construction enters play, it has 1 or 2
life (i.e. it's starting life), and then you get to add more life to it
(not its starting life.)

(Note that you don't have to declare how many cards you'll be burning
when you announce the action, either; only if you're playing it at
inferior or superior.)

> Thx in advance

-John Flournoy

kula...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2006, 2:39:28 PM9/27/06

I'm not sure about that? It says it has an additional life. Doesn't
set a new starting life like in Shambling hordes. If I ghouled a
mortal ally, the ghouled card says get an additional life as well, but
doesn't increase the starting life. I don't think it's starting life
is increased at all.

LSJ

Sep 27, 2006, 2:56:56 PM9/27/06

You are all three in agreement (and you are all three correct).

The starting life is 1 at normal or 2 at superior. It is not affected
by the amount of additional life the construction gains from bodies
removed.