Blissfully Fast Reactions to Agony

0 vue

Jon Stahler

non lue,
10 avr. 2002, 17:27:1510/04/2002
Ok...I searched google for this one, but it didn't come up with the answer
to this specific scenario. The only thing I've found that is remotely close
is a discussion of IotK vs. Fast Reaction. As IotK isn't a strike, I'll go
ahead and ask my question (though I'm pretty sure the precendent is there):

Wolf Valentine has just blocked a vampire controlled by my predator. My
predators minion plays S:CE of some sort. Wolf plays Blissful Agony at
superior and chooses a minion controlled by my prey. Adonai wakes and plays
a fast reaction. First, can Adonai do that legally? Is there time between
the end of that combat and the beginning of the next? If he can legally do
so, in what order do the combats occur?

I know that if fast reaction is to be played in this situation, it must be
played during the window of combat ends and the next combat beginning.
However, when does the combat occur? Who's choice is it if there is one?
Can I play a fast reaction in response to this? Or is it another situation
of py

LSJ

non lue,
10 avr. 2002, 21:29:5610/04/2002
Jon Stahler wrote:

> Ok...I searched google for this one, but it didn't come up with the answer
> to this specific scenario. The only thing I've found that is remotely close
> is a discussion of IotK vs. Fast Reaction. As IotK isn't a strike, I'll go
> ahead and ask my question (though I'm pretty sure the precendent is there):
>
> Wolf Valentine has just blocked a vampire controlled by my predator. My
> predators minion plays S:CE of some sort. Wolf plays Blissful Agony at
> superior and chooses a minion controlled by my prey. Adonai wakes and plays
> a fast reaction. First, can Adonai do that legally? Is there time between

No.

> the end of that combat and the beginning of the next? If he can legally do

No.

> so, in what order do the combats occur?
>
> I know that if fast reaction is to be played in this situation, it must be
> played during the window of combat ends and the next combat beginning.
> However, when does the combat occur? Who's choice is it if there is one?
> Can I play a fast reaction in response to this? Or is it another situation
> of py

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jon Stahler

non lue,
11 avr. 2002, 17:56:3511/04/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

Fair enough. Its kinda what I expected you to say.

Out of curiousity, in the resulting combat between the opposing minion and
the named minion, who is acting and who is reacting? We were wondering as
it would obviously affect manuevers, presses, pre-range and first strike.

I surmise: If I was the reacting vampire, the minion I name is now the
reacting vampire and vice-versa if I'm the acting minion playing the BA.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
11 avr. 2002, 18:45:1611/04/2002
>Fair enough. Its kinda what I expected you to say.
>
>Out of curiousity, in the resulting combat between the opposing minion and
>the named minion, who is acting and who is reacting? We were wondering as
>it would obviously affect manuevers, presses, pre-range and first strike.
>
>I surmise: If I was the reacting vampire, the minion I name is now the
>reacting vampire and vice-versa if I'm the acting minion playing the BA.

If one of the minions was originally the acting or blocking minion, he/she
still is the acting or blocking minion. The other is neither. 1.6.1.6 gives
more details.

See:

From: LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com)
Subject: Re: actions/combat Q
Newsgroups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad
View this article only
Date: 2001-12-14 10:36:04 PST

The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:
> So what happens when 2 different superior sword playing players get into it.
> My big sword blissfuls your acting vampire into combat with one of my other
> vampires, and in response your acting vampire with big sword sends my
> non-acting/blocking vampire into combat with a totally different vampire.
> Now there are 2 vampires, neither of whom are acting or blocking?

Right.
For declaring strikes, etc., the order is as per 1.6.1.6

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Halcyan 2

0 nouveau message