LSJ: Fast Reaction vs. Stone Travel

Esteban

Apr 29, 2009, 4:13:23 AM4/29/09
Just need a quick answer on a problem/question that arose yesterday.

Is it possible for player A to start a combat a with a blocked minion
controlled by player B, that canceled the initial combat with Stone
Travel, by using Fast Reaction?

My initial answer, and that of almost all of the other people was: No,
since there never was a combat.

But then there came the argument, that maybe there were phases to
announcing actions and blocking that always would be there. Similar to
the phases in combat. So no matter if the combat is cancelled, there
still is a combat-phase, it's just skipped...

I know, quite confusing, but i had to check. Quite sure that Fast
Reaction can't be played...

Stone Travel
Type: Action Modifier
Requires: Mytherceria/Obtenebration
[obt] This vampire burns 1 blood to get +1 stealth.
[myt] +1 stealth.
[MYT] +1 stealth. If this action is blocked, this acting vampire may
choose to cancel the resulting combat.

Rarity: BL:C1 LoB:C

Fast Reaction
Type: Reaction
Requires: Auspex
Only usable after a combat between a blocking minion you control other
than this vampire and the acting minion.
[aus] Tap this vampire. This vampire enters combat with the acting
minion. The first round of this new combat, the acting minion cannot
strike.
[AUS] As above, with an optional press.

Rarity: Jyhad:C VTES:C CE:U BH:PTr2 LoB:PO

The Lasombra

Apr 29, 2009, 6:43:08 PM4/29/09
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:13:23 -0700 (PDT), Esteban wrote:

>Is it possible for player A to start a combat a with a blocked minion
>controlled by player B, that canceled the initial combat with Stone
>Travel, by using Fast Reaction?

No.
There is initial combat, so the conditions of Fast Reaction are not
met.

See also Obedience / Fast Reaction.

LSJ 03/12/2002
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/93cfd1c2717472b2

LSJ

Apr 29, 2009, 7:43:28 PM4/29/09
The Lasombra wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:13:23 -0700 (PDT), Esteban wrote:
>
>> Is it possible for player A to start a combat a with a blocked minion
>> controlled by player B, that canceled the initial combat with Stone
>> Travel, by using Fast Reaction?
>
> No.

Correct.

> There is initial combat, so the conditions of Fast Reaction are not
> met.

"no initial combat", right.