[LSJ] Terror Frenzy's effect vs. Direct Intervention

12 vues

Damnans

non lue,
9 oct. 2002, 05:27:1209/10/2002
- Omaya blocks Sir Walter Nash and combat occurs-
- Omaya plays Terror Frenzy at superior.
- Nash burns 1 blood and pays 1 blood to play a Majesty at superior.
- Omaya's controller plays a Direct Intervention on that Majesty.
- Is the 1 blood burned (when playing that Majesty because of the Terror
Frenzy) returned to Nash?

Greetings,
Damnans

LSJ

non lue,
9 oct. 2002, 08:09:1409/10/2002
Damnans wrote:

> - Omaya blocks Sir Walter Nash and combat occurs-
> - Omaya plays Terror Frenzy at superior.
> - Nash burns 1 blood and pays 1 blood to play a Majesty at superior.

That's "Nash plays Majesty, which costs 1 blood. He burns 1 blood when
playing it for TF".

> - Omaya's controller plays a Direct Intervention on that Majesty.
> - Is the 1 blood burned (when playing that Majesty because of the Terror
> Frenzy) returned to Nash?

Nash doesn't pay the 1-blood cost of the Majesty (card text on DI), but
the card is still played, so he still burns 1 blood for the TF.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Kamel SENNI

non lue,
9 oct. 2002, 10:58:3709/10/2002
Damnans <damna...@ono.com> wrote in message news:<3DA3F781...@ono.com>...
Direct Intervention :
Master: out-of-turn. Burn a minion card as it is played. That card has
no effect, and any blood or pool cost burned for that card is
retrieved from the blood bank by the vampire or Methuselah who played
it. If the burned card was an action card, the acting minion remains
untapped. If the card was a strike card, the minion chooses another
strike.
And Terror Frenzy :
[ani] Only usable before range is determined on the first round.
During this combat, the opposing minion cannot use maneuvers to
maneuver to close range, cannot use presses to continue combat and
cannot use equipment. [ANI] Only usable before range is determined.
Opposing vampire burns an additional blood when playing combat cards
this combat. A vampire may play only one Terror Frenzy at superior
each combat.

The minion retrieve the blood cost of cards played.
Terror Frenzy does not increase the blood cost, the opposing minion
just have to burn an additional blood. Itis not a cost, so in your
example, walt nash does not retrieve the blod burned for terror
frenzy. He only retrieve the blood burned for paying the majesty.
(OT : hey damnans, will you go to Paris for the third french
championship ? It will be a great pleasure to play with you !)

Damnans

non lue,
9 oct. 2002, 11:27:4809/10/2002

Kamel SENNI wrote:

[...]

> (OT : hey damnans, will you go to Paris for the third french
> championship ? It will be a great pleasure to play with you !)

I wish I could this time, but I am sparing some money for my trip to Viena ;-)

See you there, Kamel.

Greetings,
Damnans

The Horror

non lue,
9 oct. 2002, 21:08:3409/10/2002
> > Greetings,
> > Damnans
> Direct Intervention :
> Master: out-of-turn. Burn a minion card as it is played. That card has
> no effect, and any blood or pool cost burned for that card is
> retrieved from the blood bank by the vampire or Methuselah who played
> it. If the burned card was an action card, the acting minion remains
> untapped. If the card was a strike card, the minion chooses another
> strike.
> And Terror Frenzy :
> [ani] Only usable before range is determined on the first round.
> During this combat, the opposing minion cannot use maneuvers to
> maneuver to close range, cannot use presses to continue combat and
> cannot use equipment. [ANI] Only usable before range is determined.
> Opposing vampire burns an additional blood when playing combat cards
> this combat. A vampire may play only one Terror Frenzy at superior
> each combat.
>
> The minion retrieve the blood cost of cards played.
> Terror Frenzy does not increase the blood cost, the opposing minion
> just have to burn an additional blood. Itis not a cost, so in your
> example, walt nash does not retrieve the blod burned for terror
> frenzy. He only retrieve the blood burned for paying the majesty.
> (OT : hey damnans, will you go to Paris for the third french
> championship ? It will be a great pleasure to play with you !)

Does this mean that a vampire on zero blood can still play combat cards even
if a terror frenzy has been played against him? The above seems to imply as
much by saying that the cost of the card is unchanged. Similarly to seeds
of corruption - a vampire with no blood hunts, tries to burn blood but
cannot, then gains blood for hunting.

reyda

non lue,
9 oct. 2002, 23:36:1509/10/2002
The Horror wrote:

::
:: Does this mean that a vampire on zero blood can still play combat

:: cards even if a terror frenzy has been played against him? The
:: above seems to imply as much by saying that the cost of the card
:: is unchanged. Similarly to seeds of corruption - a vampire with
:: no blood hunts, tries to burn blood but cannot, then gains blood
:: for hunting.

yes a vampire with zero blood can still play combat cards (with a cost of
zero) under terror frenzy.

note : the card has been errated un Sabbat War...
the sabbat version was stackable and raised the cost of the cards in lieu of
the burn blood effect. (actually it was quite a good strie:combat ends hoser
when stacked against a vampire with no blood on him. It also hosed fortitude
since a skin of steel was suddenly costing 3 blood if you played 2 terror
frenzy with dragos =D )

LSJ

non lue,
10 oct. 2002, 07:43:0210/10/2002

Actually, the Sabbat version was self-contradictory w.r.t. the blood
penalty, and was ruled to operate the way it does now.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=38DB9975.676D7E23%40white-wolf.com

0 nouveau message