[Q] Enticement

Jack Crow

Aug 7, 2001, 7:48:56 AM8/7/01
Is Enticement undirected, since you control the edge, or directed at
your prey?

Derek Ray

Aug 7, 2001, 9:38:01 AM8/7/01
On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:48:56 GMT, no...@nowhere.com (Jack Crow) wrote:

>Is Enticement undirected, since you control the edge, or directed at
>your prey?

per card text on Enticement:

"Only usable if you control the Edge. [ser] (D) Burn the Edge to cause
your prey to burn 2 pool. Your minions cannot attempt bleed actions for
the remainder of the turn. [SER] As above, but your prey burns 3 pool."

The Edge's affect on the action is twofold: you must control the Edge
to play the card in the first place, and you must burn the Edge to gain
the effect of the card. Neither of these are the action itself, though;
the action itself is "cause your prey to burn 2 pool", and targets your
prey's pool.

From the online rulebook, section 6.2.2.1:

"If the action targets another Methuselah (or something controlled by
another Methuselah), then the action is called directed. ... As a
convenience, when a card describes an action that is typically directed
at another Methuselah, the card's text will usually include a (D) symbol
as a reminder that the action is typically directed."

-- Derek

"Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice." - F. Leghorn

Derek Ray

Aug 7, 2001, 10:08:05 AM8/7/01
On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:38:01 -0400, Derek Ray <lor...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The Edge's affect on the action is twofold: you must control the Edge

The Edge's EFFECT, too. Pardon my self-grammar-nitpick; seeing the two
words confused is one of my pet peeves. Grrr.

LSJ

Aug 7, 2001, 11:57:13 AM8/7/01
Jack Crow wrote:

> Is Enticement undirected, since you control the edge, or directed at
> your prey?

Directed at your prey.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/