LSJ: Samedi ?

15 vues

Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com

non lue,
11 févr. 2002, 04:27:3711/02/2002

1-if a vamp plays undead persistence when about to go to torpor, and
then in a later round plays ashes to ashes what happens?

Does ATA end combat? Or does the ATA effect only kick in when the
vamp finally goes to torpor after the 3+rounds of undead persistence?
When does he gain the 2 blood and untap?

What if the sequence of cardplay is vice versa? (ATA-UP)

2-compress, not a hand strike?

3-Reg driscoll, if he equips with the pier 13 during influence phase,
can the equipment go to any vampire?

4-If the acting minion plays putrefaction/withering, is the effect in
place for the reacting minions strike? Neither card says that it
doesnt affect the current strike phase like bonecraft does.

Thanks,

Reyda

non lue,
11 févr. 2002, 05:42:2411/02/2002

<Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> 1-if a vamp plays undead persistence when about to go to torpor, and
> then in a later round plays ashes to ashes what happens?
>
> Does ATA end combat?

yes =) the card states "prevent all damage and this vampire goes to torpor".
Going to torpor by yourself is supposed to stop combat. Undead persistence
only prevents you to go to torpor in the regular fashion.

current card text
Ashes to Ashes [BL]

Cardtype: Combat

Discipline: Thanatosis/Fortitude

[for] Only usable by a vampire being burned; he or she is sent into torpor
instead.
[thn] Prevent all damage. This vampire untaps and goes to torpor (ending
combat).
[THN] As [thn] above, and this vampire gains 2 blood from the blood bank.

> Or does the ATA effect only kick in when the
> vamp finally goes to torpor after the 3+rounds of undead persistence?
> When does he gain the 2 blood and untap?

as soon as the combat ends.

> What if the sequence of cardplay is vice versa? (ATA-UP)
>
> 2-compress, not a hand strike?

potence-inferior-version = hand strike
thanatosis version = not a hand strike

> 3-Reg driscoll, if he equips with the pier 13 during influence phase,
> can the equipment go to any vampire?

no. Equipping via Pier 13 is not an action, so equip action was not
successful, thus the equipment cannot be moved. Same thing if he equips via
Disguised weapon =)

> 4-If the acting minion plays putrefaction/withering, is the effect in
> place for the reacting minions strike? Neither card says that it
> doesnt affect the current strike phase like bonecraft does.

At the moment the Withering resolves, both strike cards have already been
played =p
Even if withering has been done with first strike.
So there is no need for such text.

> Thanks,

LSJ

non lue,
11 févr. 2002, 08:05:1011/02/2002
Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com wrote:

> 1-if a vamp plays undead persistence when about to go to torpor, and
> then in a later round plays ashes to ashes what happens?
>
> Does ATA end combat? Or does the ATA effect only kick in when the
> vamp finally goes to torpor after the 3+rounds of undead persistence?

ATA doesn't end combat per se. It sends the vampire to torpor. Undead
Persistence prevents that effect. The rest of A2A's effect occurs normally.

> When does he gain the 2 blood and untap?

When A2A resolves (when it is played), as normal.

> What if the sequence of cardplay is vice versa? (ATA-UP)

The same. UP prevents the vampire from going to torpor.

> 2-compress, not a hand strike?

pot: incorrect.
thn/THN: correct.

> 3-Reg driscoll, if he equips with the pier 13 during influence phase,
> can the equipment go to any vampire?

No. It's no longer equipment, so cannot be moved.

> 4-If the acting minion plays putrefaction/withering, is the effect in
> place for the reacting minions strike? Neither card says that it
> doesnt affect the current strike phase like bonecraft does.

No. Strikes resolve simultaneously.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Marc G.

non lue,
11 févr. 2002, 12:53:1911/02/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C67C186...@white-wolf.com>...

> Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com wrote:
> > 3-Reg driscoll, if he equips with the pier 13 during influence phase,
> > can the equipment go to any vampire?
>
> No. It's no longer equipment, so cannot be moved.

I believe he was asking about equipment accquired through Pier 13's
text. And if he wasn't, I am.

Marc G.

LSJ

non lue,
11 févr. 2002, 13:02:2611/02/2002
"Marc G." wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message > > Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com wrote:
> > > 3-Reg driscoll, if he equips with the pier 13 during influence phase,
> > > can the equipment go to any vampire?
> >
> > No. It's no longer equipment, so cannot be moved.
>
> I believe he was asking about equipment accquired through Pier 13's
> text. And if he wasn't, I am.

Ah. Right.

When he equips with the Pier 13 (which can only happen during the
minion phase), the Pier 13 cannot be moved.

When he uses the Pier 13 in the influence phase to equip with a
new equipment card, his special ability cannot be applied, by
card text ("action").

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
11 févr. 2002, 12:40:4511/02/2002
In article <3C67C186...@white-wolf.com>,
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com wrote:

>> 3-Reg driscoll, if he equips with the pier 13 during influence phase,
>> can the equipment go to any vampire?
>
>No. It's no longer equipment, so cannot be moved.

LSJ:

There may have been a misreading in here somewhere -- it seems to me Talonz is
asking about moving equipment equipped by using Pier 13's ability, not about
moving the Pier itself.

gomi
--
Blood, guts, guns, cuts
Knives, lives, wives, nuns, sluts

Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com

non lue,
11 févr. 2002, 15:40:2311/02/2002
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:05:10 -0500, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
wrote:

>> 3-Reg driscoll, if he equips with the pier 13 during influence phase,
>> can the equipment go to any vampire?
>
>No. It's no longer equipment, so cannot be moved.

Sorry, I meant a piece of equipment brought into play via the Pier,
not the Pier itself.

Can that piece be moved to another minion?

The Lasombra

non lue,
12 févr. 2002, 00:03:1012/02/2002
"Talonz51" <Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> 3-Reg driscoll, if he equips with the pier 13 during influence
> >> phase, can the equipment go to any vampire?

> >No. It's no longer equipment, so cannot be moved.

> Sorry, I meant a piece of equipment brought into play via the Pier,
> not the Pier itself.

> Can that piece be moved to another minion?

When he equips with the Pier 13 (which can only happen during the

minion phase), the Pier 13 cannot be moved.

When he uses the Pier 13 in the influence phase to equip with a
new equipment card, his special ability cannot be applied, by
card text ("action").

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message