Two more questions

2 vues

Jozxyqk

non lue,
13 janv. 2001, 01:11:4213/01/2001
Two more issues came up in playing this evening:

1) If you have both 'Ulugh Beg, The Watcher' and
'Tusk, The Talebearer' in play, can you
discard one card, replace, then look at the top card,
then discard a second card? Or must both cards be
discarded simultaneously.

2) You're not generally allowed to play more Stealth
or Intercept than necessary. But what about Bonding's
Superior power? Can you play '+1 stealth and +1 bleed'
even if you don't need the stealth?

Chris Shorb

non lue,
13 janv. 2001, 02:12:1513/01/2001
Lots of questions you have been firing at the group - your enthusiasm is
infectious! If you want to look for yourself and not wait for LSJ's
stamp of approval, try looking at White Wolf's home page
<http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/>, and look under the official errata,
as well as the card lists (they have the most recent version of the
cards).

I am not actually LSJ (IANALSJ), but I will give it a shot.

Jozxyqk wrote:

> Two more issues came up in playing this evening:
>
> 1) If you have both 'Ulugh Beg, The Watcher' and
> 'Tusk, The Talebearer' in play, can you
> discard one card, replace, then look at the top card,
> then discard a second card? Or must both cards be
> discarded simultaneously.

Yes, by card text (assuming both are ready). Particularly since Ulugh's
ability is optional, this means that other effects that can take place
during your discard phase can happen between discards.

> 2) You're not generally allowed to play more Stealth
> or Intercept than necessary. But what about Bonding's
> Superior power? Can you play '+1 stealth and +1 bleed'
> even if you don't need the stealth?

Way back in 1995, Tom whatsisname ruled that

Bonding - Action Modifier (dom)
The superior form of Bonding cannot be used if you do not need the
stealth at the time you play Bonding. [TOM 19951109]

So there you have it.

Chris
--
chris
<www.vtesinla.org> (A V:TES site in development)

LSJ

non lue,
13 janv. 2001, 10:29:4513/01/2001
Chris Shorb <chr...@vtesinla.org> wrote:

> Jozxyqk wrote:
> > 1) If you have both 'Ulugh Beg, The Watcher' and
> > 'Tusk, The Talebearer' in play, can you
> > discard one card, replace, then look at the top card,
> > then discard a second card? Or must both cards be
> > discarded simultaneously.
>
> Yes, by card text (assuming both are ready). Particularly since
> Ulugh's ability is optional, this means that other effects that can
> take place during your discard phase can happen between discards.

Yes. Tusk's ability can be used at any time (no limit), so long
as he is ready. The optionalness of Ulugh's ability doesn't
factor into it, however.

> > 2) You're not generally allowed to play more Stealth
> > or Intercept than necessary. But what about Bonding's
> > Superior power? Can you play '+1 stealth and +1 bleed'
> > even if you don't need the stealth?
>
> Way back in 1995, Tom whatsisname ruled that
>
> Bonding - Action Modifier (dom)
> The superior form of Bonding cannot be used if you do not need the
> stealth at the time you play Bonding. [TOM 19951109]

Tom Wylie. Correct.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/