Question on Tariq and the Soul Gem

3 vues

Tetragrammaton

non lue,
26 août 2001, 05:03:1426/08/2001
Hi, i would like to know how to handle this:

Tariq the Silent (without any master discipline) has a soul gem of Etrius,
he's burned, and i draw a 4 capacity vamp from my crypt:
what happens ?

Tariq is a at - 4 cap when controlled, yes, but when the soul gem does
compare
the age of the two vamp, before or *after* the burning of the vamp ?

Similar question:
if i got a burned 4 capacity vamp with the soul gem, and i draw Tariq from
my crypt,
what happens?

Thanks in advance

Emiliano, vekn Prince of Rome

LSJ

non lue,
26 août 2001, 07:24:4726/08/2001
Tetragrammaton wrote:

> Hi, i would like to know how to handle this:
>
> Tariq the Silent (without any master discipline) has a soul gem of Etrius,
> he's burned, and i draw a 4 capacity vamp from my crypt:
> what happens ?

It is moved to your ready region with the Soul Gem.

> Tariq is a at - 4 cap when controlled, yes, but when the soul gem does
> compare
> the age of the two vamp, before or *after* the burning of the vamp ?

Before, which is why the Arika trick (enhancing her capacity with a
card-in-play) works.

> Similar question:
> if i got a burned 4 capacity vamp with the soul gem, and i draw Tariq from
> my crypt,
> what happens?

He's moved to your uncontrolled region, since his capacity is not yet reduced
(he's not in play, after all).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Halcyan 2

non lue,
26 août 2001, 09:38:3926/08/2001
>> Tariq the Silent (without any master discipline) has a soul gem of Etrius,
>> he's burned, and i draw a 4 capacity vamp from my crypt:
>> what happens ?
>
>It is moved to your ready region with the Soul Gem.

Why would the new 4-cap go to your ready region w/ the Gem? Tariq has a
capacity of 3 and since 4 > 3, shouldn't the 4-cap go to your uncontrolled
region?

A bit confused,
Halcyan 2

Jack Crow

non lue,
26 août 2001, 14:11:0826/08/2001

When he is burned, he is no longer "in play", so he reverts to 7
capacity vampire.

Jack Crow

non lue,
26 août 2001, 14:12:3826/08/2001
On 26 Aug 2001 13:38:39 GMT, halc...@aol.com (Halcyan 2) wrote:

However it also confuses me as to why he is considered a 7 capacity if
the soul gem activates before he is burned (i just re-read the
thread). Doh.

LSJ

non lue,
26 août 2001, 15:15:0126/08/2001

Sorry. My mistake. The explanation was correct (check before burning), but
the answer to this case is unredeemably wrong. A brain lapse on my part.

The new 4-cap is moved to the uncontrolled region (without the Gem).

0 nouveau message